• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I thought I'd do something different

• Thread starter T_Amon_from_work
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

T_Amon_from_work

so I looked through the Hunters Guide here for foe that have nothing filled in to speak of. I have picked out some and am trying to build up the information for getting the Guide updated.

I'm not able to get all the data as I have no Bard or Tamer, nor many of the slayers to see vulnerability, but I'm gonna try to fill in some of the gaps! I'm working Painted Caves right now ... Trogs.

Anyone else wanna try something different? Pick your favorite hunting area and see what needs filling in in the Guide. There's gotta be plenty to go around.

I know where to submit things and we could make LA famous for data collection as well as good community! Just tossing out the idea ...

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awesome idea,I am not good at pencil work but if you give me a tmeplate of what kin of info we need for what types of critters I would like to help out as much as I can,I have all the superslayer spell books and a 115 mage and also a tamer and several melee cahrs and 2 archers I can use to gather info.heck this may actually make uo fun again for,that and this computer and isp upgrade hehe.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Speaking of filling in information, I'm putting some of the WAY outdated FAQs from UO Craftsman on Players Center, one every few days, to look for updates.

Currently up is the old Golem FAQ from UO Tinker, which described the PvM uses of Golems, but not the training uses.

I'm also on the last legs of revising the smith FAQ in the (up, but still invisible to normal users) Craftsman Forum.

T

T_Amon_from_work

awesome idea,I am not good at pencil work but if you give me a tmeplate of what kin of info we need for what types of critters I would like to help out as much as I can,I have all the superslayer spell books and a 115 mage and also a tamer and several melee cahrs and 2 archers I can use to gather info.heck this may actually make uo fun again for,that and this computer and isp upgrade hehe.
Use the Guide as a guide ... I chose Dragons. Look how the loot is described and so forth. I know stats and resists are derived from various means across an average of so many of the beasts. I don't know of any other way to try stuff.

I have the loot for Trogs based on 20 foe at the moment and will try out various slayers and standard weapons on them to determine HP, possiblwe resists and so forth. The challenge with these is the pack mentality ... hard to separate one at a time.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the Guide as a guide ... I chose Dragons. Look how the loot is described and so forth. I know stats and resists are derived from various means across an average of so many of the beasts. I don't know of any other way to try stuff.

I have the loot for Trogs based on 20 foe at the moment and will try out various slayers and standard weapons on them to determine HP, possiblwe resists and so forth. The challenge with these is the pack mentality ... hard to separate one at a time.

awesome,ddin't know if you wanted the old format or had something entirely new to try.I wil probalby try blood eles this weekend I havent visited those badies in a year.

T

T_Amon_from_work

awesome,ddin't know if you wanted the old format or had something entirely new to try.I wil probalby try blood eles this weekend I havent visited those badies in a year.
I don't know if the format is going to change, so that's why I'm sticking to current.

Remeber, the effort is to fill in critters that have little to no data on them at all. Look at the page for a Blood then a Trog, you'll see the difference. Lots of folks have been griping that data isn't up to date, so I figured to get **some** filled in! <shrug>

Might be interesting to see how many gray robes I get in the process!

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might be interesting to see how many gray robes I get in the process!

now thats the thing I was going to get stats on for myself and see if I can set my personal best for most death robes in one outing,so far it is like 18 at travesty when everything went FUBAR due to our tamers pet going wild,but it was fun anyways.,hehe :)

lindylou

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so I looked through the Hunters Guide here for foe that have nothing filled in to speak of. I have picked out some and am trying to build up the information for getting the Guide updated.
Zigzag would be very interested in any updating you do. I know he often asked me to look over things and let him know of errors or omissions that I might find.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Yup - already spoke with him on it. He definitely wants the data we can round up! I'm doing initial averages across 20 of whatever, but more if things seem to require it. Hard to do average HP when you're soloing ... keybarding does not lend itself to capturing the HP hits and they don't log to journal apparently.