• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I see UZI is back in factions

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
couldnt help but notice that UZI is trying to get a jump on the faction event.

i see they put up 2 more houses to make 3 all side by side, effectivlly blocking off the minax base.

i also see them doing a defence the other day.

i guess they want to have all the towns for when the event starts.

if memory serves me correctlly, the UZI war machine ran factions for several years here didnt they?

G

I don't know much of anything that has happened in the last couple years with Atlantic factions. But it has been completely dead with a couple times of slight participation. Running factions is pretty easy with no competition.

G

glorypaxson

Link doesnt know what he is talking about...

I was in factions about 5 years ago and UZI ran it all back then when it was packed...

UZI is run by FiendX and he is a beast

G

Five years ago was 2003 and factions "died" a couple months before summer of 2002.

S

Sickshine

So when is this factions event going to kick off im ready for it!

G

Unfortunately the event can not begin until the next publish is implemented. Since the last publish was only a week ago, it will be a couple more weeks until the next one. It is looking like mid-late March for the Factions event now.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

couldnt help but notice that UZI is trying to get a jump on the faction event.

i see they put up 2 more houses to make 3 all side by side, effectivlly blocking off the minax base.

i also see them doing a defence the other day.

i guess they want to have all the towns for when the event starts.

if memory serves me correctlly, the UZI war machine ran factions for several years here didnt they?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say we are back just yet. We are talking it over, atm we are spread across 4 shards. And Anthius solo guarded the other day.. he was just looking for a fight really, but was raided enough that he just stayed the entire 10 hours.. I think Anthius is going to burn the silver in all towns for that faction event so everything starts out fresh. Maybe...

and yes FiendX is a beast..

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know much of anything that has happened in the last couple years with Atlantic factions. But it has been completely dead with a couple times of slight participation. Running factions is pretty easy with no competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, you don't know anything... Factions were packed on Atlantic a few years ago.. we had 4 active factions at a few different points. RMX and UZI fought mostly but there was some surges of other guilds.. Chessy was packed as well in 03 and 04 with BiC, X, C, and a few other smaller guilds. GL is packed now, and has been for quite some time. Just because you haven't been in factions for 6 years, doesn't mean they are not there. And just because you haven't raided or guarded sigs in 6 years doesn't mean others haven't. The last few months on ATL have been dead but before that they were just fine.

G

Packed is a relative term to the old days.

August 7, 2002 - About the time I quit factions when it was considered "dead". Tons more activity when I quit than what was going on later.
November 2, 2004 - Only 7 guilds in Factions, when you say that "UZI" ruled factions.

A

Aia

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunately the event can not begin until the next publish is implemented. Since the last publish was only a week ago, it will be a couple more weeks until the next one. It is looking like mid-late March for the Factions event now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got a nice momentum going for this event. Question - what's being published that's worth the risk of losing it?

G

All that we know right now is the developers said they will be making faction tweaks/changes. I doubt that people are going to be upset the event is being pushed back about 2 weeks if it means a better event.

I

imported_Cardell

Oh,and thats the best part to me dude. They tell us they are going to tweak/change some things about the factions so we get our hopes up and get all excited. But what it means in 'Dev Talk' is they are going to change factions so it is trammy friendly. Thus finally phasing out all of the actual hard core pvpers that prefer the orange to orange pvp rather than blue to red gate hiding.

G

How about we wait until the changes are announced before throwing them under the bus?

Note: I didn't say "if" because you will probably run over them no matter what the changes are.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

How about we wait until the changes are announced before throwing them under the bus?

Note: I didn't say "if" because you will probably run over them no matter what the changes are.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Devs have been throwing me under the bus patch after patch, its only fair I return the favor.

G

glorypaxson

You dont understand Cardell.

He runs HOT..and his opinion is that if HOT aint involved it wasnt happening.

UZI was running the crap for a long time. I remember one battle with Jack Death, Rusty Shackelford, FiendX and probably about 20 others....
There was 20 from another Faction and about 30 from another....this was all about 3-4 years ago...

Was a nice 70 man battle royal....good stuff....right outside minax base.