• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I read in the New RP Portal....

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...that the respective GM's have decided to start meeting in Skara or at the Yew Empath Abby. When will this start? Right away? If so I would like to get Lebrun,my chef,back into action with his outdoor cafe like he used to do a long time ago. Anyone interested in being involved with this? *Dusts off Lebrun*

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are encouraging folks looking for other roleplayers to interact with to start using Skara or Yew on a regular basis. The community is small and its our hope that more people will find each other this way.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm too bad the community has gotten small. What I remember from when I used Lebrun,many non-rp'ers would join and take a seat at the bar I had set up right next to the bank. Maybe a chance to give rp'ers more "time in the sun" to the rest of Catskills?

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember two years ago when I went to the Townhall meeting in Columbus Ohio I met some players from the Catskills shard. I was thrilled to run into people from my home shard and started chatting to them. I asked them their Character names to see if I knew them, and I didn't recognize the names they gave me so I dug a bit more for information and found out they were RPers from the shard. So I then asked if they knew some of the RP community that I did, and they did. Matter of fact one person who I always thought was in great standing they talked very bad about and this surprised me. So I was enjoying the conversation with them very much and learning a bit more about the very secretive RP community.

That was till they asked me who I played on the shard so I mentioned that I was Vallend. That earned me a deer in the headlights look from the three of them. One of them then said they did not know my name, and this sort of surprised me because at that time I felt I was pretty well known on the shard. So I added that I was a reporter for Stratics and was here to cover the Townhall. Thats when I hit a wall of ice, and was informed that they did not read Stratics, and that they had their own board. They also informed me that Stratics was for the other type players before they just stopped talking to me and turned their backs on me. This had a profound affect on me and once again highlighted an attitude to me again, that many players who tried to get into role playing had run into. It use to be that some of the RPers has a elitist attitude about them and I am glad that is changing.

You see I have RPed some over the years. Matter of fact my first guild was a light RP guild and we use to go to Kinship Tavern and Kent's Last Pint. We always stayed in character when there and had had fun with the others. I still do stop by player ran taverns when I get a chance and enjoy my time there. As a shard reporter for Stratics I do try and make RP events that are made public and show my support for RPing on the shard. (I know many RP events are kept quiet due to the fact that some people love to try and ruin them for fun, and the RP community don't want to have to put up with them.)

I guess my point is I am thrilled that the RP community is trying to get more active with the rest of the shard, and I encourage everyone to give it a try. You just might enjoy it enough to get involved. I know I do when I get the chance.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... the very secretive RP community...
We're trying not to be... really.

I guess my point is I am thrilled that the RP community is trying to get more active with the rest of the shard, and I encourage everyone to give it a try. You just might enjoy it enough to get involved. I know I do when I get the chance.
Welcome to the new UO. Today, if we're doing our jobs right, is the day of the hybrid. With the dwindling UO population, most UO sub-communities are getting more inviting to willing participants of the rest of the UO world.

You'll find PvPers who are active in the RP community, RPers who are out hunting side by side with the Peerless hunting guilds, new players are wanting to go out and learn the PvP world. People who haven't raised a sword against another player in 8 years are joining in the champ spawn frenzy.

In short, the UO community is turning into the community we should have been at the start. And honestly, I like it. Sure there is still a separation between the major play styles (there's a lot more than RP, PvP, PvM... such as traders and crafters), but we're trying very hard to break the paradigms that they SHOULD be separate, and it's a lot of fun.

Although, just taking the pirates into consideration, the number of pirates who actually read stratics can be counted on two hands. The number who post here can be counted on one. The number of pirates who actually read and post on the RP portal boards can be counted on one finger (that would be me), and I relay the information back to those who may be interested in it. The rest of the time, we're all playing the game.

So just like you, I'm thrilled that the RP community is getting involved in other activities, and I hope that the RPers who have yet to start role playing are getting more interested in joining up with the role play reindeer games.

And to answer the original post, if I find someone role playing, I try to join in, it doesn't matter where or when it happens. So please, dust off that chef. I could use some tasty meat pies.

D

Des

...that the respective GM's have decided to start meeting in Skara or at the Yew Empath Abby. When will this start? Right away? If so I would like to get Lebrun,my chef,back into action with his outdoor cafe like he used to do a long time ago. Anyone interested in being involved with this? *Dusts off Lebrun*
Lebrun was always my favorite chef.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be great to see you there Lebrun. Some of us have already started to frequent Skara and the Abbey a bit more. We are trying to get things moving along. I am thinking of holding a faire in Skara soon to spur things to action.

So any of you folks that want to help on this shoot me a message.

D

Des

Yeah who says!! If you come back I'll pay for the game code myself!
Awww. *hugs* I'm running a guild in WoW now though that has family in it, so can't exactly leave that anymore! And one game limit with school and work. lol.

But anybody who doesn't stop at your bistro is just plain silly! *smiles*