• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I Predict - without a crystal ball too.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My prediction is ............. The trial accounts will win.

Although I have lost interest in who wins the election I was still interested in the method, therefore I watched the final round of voting last night and my observations follow.

Early on Esca forged ahead and established a lead of around 10, this lead was maintained for some time until the flow slackened around 8.30ish. Once again a steady flow of dubious chars began, some with basic clothes/equipment, some quite obviously 'young' because they still bore the tag. I know Esca himself noted this because I heard him remark that voting age should be restricted and that 'young' were about.

From this time on the gap closed and was then reversed until at close Alaster held a lead of around 14.

Now I was not able to watch the last round so I know not what the figures were but if they were similar the whole thing has been made a mockery by a few.

I know it was remarked that the manipulated vote at the last round prob made no difference because the lead was overwhelming but if last nights showing was the norm in this case it most certainly has.

If Alaster has won and not by the same overwhelming amount the young/newbie vote will have made the difference. I hold no brief for either candidate, neither was my choice, I oppose Esca, as a traditionalist, I prefer Sosaria as an entity not a collection of parts. Nor will I vote for someone with a nappy fixation.

I must say of the 2 Esca mounted a most impressive campaign and for it probably deserved to win. I only post because to me at least it is unjust if he has lost because of an exploit. To have all that effort wasted, not because it was outshone but by the manipulations of a pathetic few, is unsatisfactory.

I know and realise this is just a game but I find it terribly sad that within it some find it necessary to act in this manner. Tis a cruel world.

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well.

I understand the second round was quite ruined cause of young / new accounts invasion. No need to add, i hope, that i only asked people i play nearly daily to bring their chars, and no more.

This time, i even didn't asked some genuine people, in fear of the same thing happening again.

I know this is sad. Really. I'd prefer voting which goes without such stories, and without "i don't say it directly but my sentences are full of it", which create doubts or more.

I've been at brit castle from 21h10 (french time) to after 22 (so it's the 8-9pm uk time), and even met Emile closing the voting booth.
There have been way less young chars and "clearly noob chars just created".

And let me remember you, the voting were on 3 sessions (saturday, sunday, and yesterday). Results from yesterday are one thing, overall results are another (and omg, i've no idea, since sat and sunday were really crowded, EMs had to empty boxes, so i didn't kept track of number of votes).

And it seems (presuming as you didn't posted) that saturday and sunday were quite free of such chars (i must admit, i was too busy stealing undies and chatting around to really look so. As yesterday).

I'll finish by saying, indeed, esca did an awesome campaign. I was LMAO at each of his posts here on stratics. If he wins, i'll offer him pants of awesomness.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the only time i saw any young characters was yesterday over the whole election, and then it was only like 2 or 3.

Whatever the case i've had fun and these elections have created activity, events and roleplay which i beleive is their main goal and im happy with that :)
And whoever wins will continue to create roleplay and things to do :)

I think it may be quite close myself :)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't get to see much of the campaign for the final round, as I've had a disastrous week recently, which ended with me getting a second bout of aching joints and toilet needing flu... I blame Alaster for stealing my protective pants! So I was offline for most of the weekend. But I did pop on briefly to cast my characters votes, and I noticed another element which was distorting the entire process once more; someone was cramming Escaflowne's ballot box with rubbish to make it look like he had more votes again... I was there briefly when you all noticed his vote total suddenly went down, so I can only assume an EM was there correcting the figures. Who knows why they would do this though? To cause despair or false hope in one camp or another? Just simply trolling?

Perhaps the winning candidate tonight will announce what he will do to ensure fairer elections next time around...

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aron that was the EMs taking votes out of mine and Alasters mailbox's to stop them filling up so no more votes could be put in. They PM'd us each time they did this and kept count of the ones they had taken out.

I truly hope no one was filling my postbox with crap though lol.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonders if the 'young ones' will turn up to celebrate there victor!! tonight....mmmmm

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will agree there were certainly less 'young' characters last night but I watched the various chars come in to vote and looked at paperdolls.

Unless there are a great many characters running around with only the most basic equipment such as they would be severely damaged by the attack of a mongbat the newbie chars were still very much in evidence. As I stated in my post I could not attend the first two rounds so I have no idea at all of how those sessions went. What I am saying is if the first two were similar the outcome is inevitable and Esca COULD NOT WIN despite an outstanding campaign.

In real terms it does not matter greatly but just demonstrates how the actions of a few can affect the enjoyment of many. As for the candidates it takes the gloss from a victory and serves up a bitter pill for the defeated.

Maybe Escaflowne will still win despite all but I fear he will not.

K

Kayne

What I am saying is if the first two were similar the outcome is inevitable and Esca COULD NOT WIN despite an outstanding campaign.

In real terms it does not matter greatly but just demonstrates how the actions of a few can affect the enjoyment of many. As for the candidates it takes the gloss from a victory and serves up a bitter pill for the defeated.

Maybe Escaflowne will still win despite all but I fear he will not.
Considering Alaster was out in third in the first round and Esca was in second behind Irvyn it shows how things changed. On the whole I don't necessarily think anyone artificially changed the result.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed and considering all the other Candidates were against me and said they would vote Alaster or not vote for me; then when they all were knocked out then all their voters would now be for Alaster because thats what they wanted them to do.
So in the final round i was going to get block voted by all the other candidates votes anyway.

I think i did alright in closing the gap though and swaying more peoples minds to my cause. :) Considering from the last round round 2 Alasters and irvyns votes alone combined were 386, let alone all the other candidates votes. I was expecting to get trampled lol, but i still kept trying my best in the final week and went down swinging, was the best i could do :)

Congrats to Alaster by the way.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering Alaster was out in third in the first round and Esca was in second behind Irvyn it shows how things changed. On the whole I don't necessarily think anyone artificially changed the result.
Well the election is all done and dusted but I must nevertheless challenge this statement.

A simple look at the numbers voting demonstrates why --
Round 1 total votes = 373
Round 2 total votes = 640
Final round = 469

Thus from the first round when I observed no great influx of new chars to the second there was an increase in numbers of 267. Are we seriously expected to believe that these were simply characters who didnt vote first time round?
This stretches my credulity beyond breaking point I'm afraid. I cannot concede that a increase of 267 in a voting population of our size did not have a significant impact on the overall result.

It also makes one wonder why for the final round, 171 of these mysterious voters didnt show.

As another interesting foornote regarding these numbers, the 267 increase in voters who came for the second would of themselves be almost sufficent to have won the final round ON THEIR OWN.

K

Kayne

Bobar it is actually fairly easy to drop votes quickly. I didnt vote in the third round, dropping the total vote number by 10, it only takes another ten people with the same char count to drop 100 votes.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I dropped about 15 votes in the second round, but not the first or third.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And to counter that, I only voted in the last round.

K

Kayne

There we go, me and Risso alone account for a drop of 25 votes.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There we go, me and Risso alone account for a drop of 25 votes.
Well Risso is saying that he dropped his 15 votes for the SECOND round this actually increases the discrepancy between first and second round to 282 and as you seem to be saying the same for your 10 that increases it even more to 292. This would make an increase of roughly 78% over the original vote. This huge increase had no significant effect on the result?.

So yes if as many as 10 people changed or dropped their block vote of around 10 that would account for 100 of them but 292?.

Bearing in mind that Duke Irvyn only lost out in the second round by a few votes I cannot agree with the argument that it had no effect.

Not that any of this matters now the election is over, it's just for me I found the misuse of trial accounts unsavoury.

Life forever disappoints me.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a shame these events always drop on weekend evenings when most people are at work or out socializing with freinds and family....lots could not even vote

K

Kayne

THP in all fairness there were three days of voting with various times. Including mid afternoon on a sunday.