• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need some help here...

G

I have been away from the game for a very long time. I returned yesterday to UO. My tamer is at 97.1 taming; I decided to get some gains tonight. I went to try to tame a few critters and kept getting the message "this creature can't be tamed."

I thought perhaps things had changed and I needed to try lesser beasts, or perhaps another area, but no matter what I did I couldn't tame any animal.

What am I doing wrong?

J

joblackjon

What's you Animal Lore? Taming was changed a while back so that you almost need Lore equal to Taming.

I think it used to be something like 80% Taming and 20% Lore.

G

thanks for the help I appreciate it.

now to figure out how to turn off the targeting system (I hate being a newb)

D

Draco Conlaoch

You can turn it off in Alt+O options on the UO Menu Don't remember which 'tab' though. Been a while since I looked

I

imported_Mark Trail

You can't tame the creatures that are part of a champ spawn. For example the lesser and greater hiryus in Tokuno at the champ spawn, and the ki-rins at the Ilshenar spirituality champ spawn. They belong to the champion and you can't take them away.