• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need help with training my Hiryu.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After setting him up for training, he dropped to a 3-slot from 4-slot. I've been trying to train him for a few days, and I'm getting nowhere.

I started on Swoop. That lasted for about an hour, then I was getting no more gains. Tried Blood Elementals & the same thing happened after about 30 minutes. Next I tried Arctic Ogre Lords... and again, the same thing - gains for about 30 minutes, then they stopped. I didn't even get gains on Sphynx.

I guess most of the monsters I need to fight are really tough ones, like level 5 Shame, Balrons, Ancient Wyrms, and Greater Dragons - but... My pet is naturally too weak to handle those kind of monsters. And, I'm solo, nobody to play with; this is on Great Lakes.

So, I'm asking if it's possible to make some of the intermediate monsters to fight, give better gains, for a longer period of time, for the mid-level tamed creatures. I got a few Greater Dragons, but I want to play on different pets, not just Greater Dragons.

Mid-level tamed creatures that come to mind quick, are: Hiryu, Nightmares, Rune Beetles, White Wyrms, etc.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Give Thrasher at the Blighted groove a try.
You Hiryu will easily handle it, it won't give great gains, but he dies and spawns fast, so you will continuously keep gaining. But try to avoid Coil there. She can be a major pain.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to clarify: my beef is NOT with "slightly", "Greatly", etc. It is with the duration of the gains wearing off so quickly. It would be cool if a monster would just keep giving gains for a great period of time.

And, I cannot do Thrasher because I am unable to get to him. I tried to get through the sand area in Blighted Grove but got killed every time by Changlings and such. I spent a bunch of hours (and insurance money) trying to make it there... I know, I suck..

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well after thinking about it for a minute, I guess that I do have a slight problem with the slower gains too .. XD

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The garbage pits of the abyss have rats. Kill the clan scratch scrounders and a renouned will appear. You can get 20 points of fairly gains until it stops He does little damage, you can read the forums till the gains stop. If you like it, help kill it and do it again. You get an artifact off his body.

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thrasher is in blighted grove. The place you described with the changings is the twisted weald. Not hard to get to thrasher but need bone machete to enter blighted grove.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For 3->5 slot pets I had great luck at the unbound EV. Very fast gains if you can keep the pet alive. From what I can tell, no single monster will give you more than 25.00%, but I had several unbounds give me the full 25.00%. There are 3 that spawn, so if you play it right, you can get 75.00% training without ever needing to actually kill one of them.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For 3->5 slot pets I had great luck at the unbound EV. Very fast gains if you can keep the pet alive. From what I can tell, no single monster will give you more than 25.00%, but I had several unbounds give me the full 25.00%. There are 3 that spawn, so if you play it right, you can get 75.00% training without ever needing to actually kill one of them.
But won't my pet die fighting a tough monster like that solo? It's only a mediocre Hiryu after all.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If it has decent energy resist, it will make through with you vetting it.
Also, for a 3 slots, I got 45% out of a single discoed unbound EV.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious if any bards have offered their services to tamers yet and if so, what your findings have been. My bad isn't active right now, but I'm really hoping to try this out if Giant Turkeys spawn again in November. I'd also like to try Minions of ..... (Selestius? Celcius? Whatever their names are).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also, there is no need to be greedy.
All pets attacking the monster will get gains up to the max that monster gives.
So get 3, 4 people and hit the same UEV at once in a group and enjoy the fast gains.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question: If i fight Swoop yesterday & it gets to the point my pet ain't gaining anymore. today, will i gain from it again? and the same for tomarrow ?

Edit: And how do i find out when my pet's power hour is?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
After server up, the swoop is a new one, so your pet will get gains from it.
And you get a message when your pet power hour starts. It only starts when the timer has passed and the pet gets his first gain.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Eternal Gazers never gave me more than 45% :/ And those were hard earned, hundreds of bandages per fight with me recalling out at some point.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A little trick to train a low resist pet in Eodon: lure an Allosaurus to a native village, and let it fight a savage shaman. While the natives are tanking, order your pet to attack. You still need to vet, but it will be much easier to keep your pet alive. At 3 slots, you can get around 30% from a single Allosaurus. When the gains stop, go fetch another Allosaurus (it would take forever to kill it...).