• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need advice [UO patching]

G

I'm trying to get back into the game,Considering i've been gone awhile, And I'm on dialup-AOL. But UO doesn't really patch fully Considering I keep gettin booted off from AOL. Living in the country SUCKS! =[

Any Advice?

U

_Uriah Heep_

Not sure which disk you are patching from...
but find your UO folder, either in program files, or maybe a folder named EAGAMES.
Open it, keep opening folders till ya find a folder titled Patch.
Open it, delete whatever is in there, if a piece of corrupted patch is in there it will block anymore patchin attempts.

Should be something like C:\Program Files\Ultima Online 2d\Patch
make sure it is empty, then try again

Hope it helps! always worked for me

G

oh im just loggin on my UO thats been on my pc and it's patching cause i'm tryin to log in. But I'm at like WIN32_6.0.1-10..

G

I'm on AOL too and know precisely what you're going through. What you need to do (I'm pretty sure) is go set up another power save profile. To do this follow these simple instructions if you are using Windows XP for your OS. If you're using Vista someone who can translate this into Vista-speak please do....

1) Goto your desktop and right click and then click "Properties" at the bottom of the menu.
2) Click the Screen Saver Tab up top and select "(None)" from the drop down menu.
3) Click Apply at the bottom. (Do not close the popup window)
4) Click "Power..." near the bottom right under Monitor power.
5) In the following boxes, change the option to "Never"
<ul>
Turn off Monitor
Turn off hard disks
System Standby
System hibernates [/list]
6) Up top, click "Save As..."
7) Name your settings to something you'll remember. Mine is "UO Patching Profile".
8) Click "Ok"
9) Click "Apply"

Now whenever you need to patch to UO, be sure to change your Power Scheme to your patching one but always be sure to change it back. If you're letting it patch say overnight, or while you're at work, be sure to turn off your monitor!

I hope this works.

Naka