• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

i need a

P

peanutbutter

lumberjacking runebook set

anyone know where i can buy them or i will commission someone to make for me.

thanks.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your talking about runes to specific trees for specific types of wood, it won't work anymore since resources randomly re-spawn in different colors now, ore and wood. If your just looking for runes to the different forests to save time in running around, go to my library by the Buc's Den portal...vendor on third floor has resource harvesting runebooks up there.

P

peanutbutter

what do you mean "different colors" ...

and does this mean there's no place more likely to spawn special wood? or is it skill based? or what?

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see where what I posted might have confused you. What I meant was say you go out and mine a spot this morning and get Valorite from it. There is a chance it will respawn this afternoon dropping out Dull Copper or Bronze or even plain Iron. Sam thing with woods.

As far as I know, there is supposedly the same chance to spawn regular wood as there is any of the special woods on any given resource square (this is EA though, so I wouldn't place any bets on this). It is still skill based though as to the type of wood given.

• Oak-65
  • Ash-80
  • Yew-95
  • Heartwood, Bloodwood, and Frostwood-100

Thank the laziness of the Developers for this ridiculous change. They implemented it to hinder the scripter's who now just run rails continue to just recall around as they did before, while it only hinders the attended resource gatherer since now we can't find enough of what we need to craft something without a ****load of mining/jacking. But it figures with the way the Dev's and EA do when they try to fix something...screw over the regular players instead of actually making an effort to rid the game of all the cheating going on.

P

peanutbutter

they should just make it (at least LJ) area cyclical area based... meaning that there is a schedule that EVERYONE knows and EVERYONE knows... pretty much... what large area the woods will spawn.

that would be cool cause all the LJr's (scripters and all) would be out in the same (general, but large) area.

also, there could be times that it drops and times it doesn't...

but i still don't knoe what "areas" if any are likely to drop special wood. i mean, is a tree outside my door just as likely at any moment to have special wood (of any kind) today, but not tomorrow?

or are there still trees and areas that have the special wood, but you just don't know what kind?

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the wood types are completely random. so there isn't a "best" area or type of tree to get any specific type of special wood from.
i mean, is a tree outside my door just as likely at any moment to have special wood (of any kind) today, but not tomorrow?
Yes. Actually, I read a thread not too long ago on UHall where someone posted that he had chopped a tree in front of his house for a two week period and was able to get every type of wood except bloodwood (bad RNG streak) during that time from that one tree.