• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] I miss the "You see..." messages from the Classic Client Journal

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just that. Those messages could be pretty useful if you happened to catch a glimpse of someone, but you didn't have a chance to catch who they are. I miss those messages, and if they could be added it, I'd be grateful.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a mod for this on the mod exchange...

I wouldn't want this added to the client without a toggle... The System Messages are too numerous and clunky as it is, IMHO. (And I have them shoved off in their own tab..)

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is a mod for this. but it barley works. people who appear already on screen do not show up (IE: Hidden). nor do a few others under certain circumstances.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is a mod for this. but it barley works. people who appear already on screen do not show up (IE: Hidden). nor do a few others under certain circumstances.
Yep... there are a few strange things the client does with names, and I never bothered to really go through it all and find a nice way to get a "You see" system to work nicely.
There should be two settings for the mod - one that only shows people when they first appear (not often enough), and one that shows it every time a name shows up (too often).