• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I might be wrong but what about colored ingots?

K

kaylun

Might be wrong but with imbuing coming doesnt it look like colored ingots will be hardly used anymore? What good is valorite anymore? cant imbue it barbed leather is better. Are these new updates going to make minning useless? Maybe im confused but seems like no one uses colored ingots anymore allready?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Everything that applies to ingots applies to the leathers...

If it's already something other than iron or plain leather, you can't unravel or imbue it.

However, AFTER it's imbued, you can try enhancing (and risk breaking it), and frankly, tailor enhancing breaks stuff a hell of a lot more often than smith enhancing.

R

RichDC

However, AFTER it's imbued, you can try enhancing (and risk breaking it), and frankly, tailor enhancing breaks stuff a hell of a lot more often than smith enhancing.
Really?? Didnt know that.

Mind you, i still think hammers are going to be worth it for armour. I have a feeling that the imbued pieces wont make a full set and will more make that missing piece of a suit.

Oh, And almost every weapon in the game at present.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Is that taking into account on armor pieces only? I honestly do not know but it just would seem that blacksmithing enhancing on armor would be the same as tailoring enhancing in general, given even props and intensities.

T

Toptwo

OK, question....

If you make something with a runic hammer, and valorite, it can't be imbued. This has been stated by Draconi on more then one occasion...You CAN make something from Iron, then imbue it, then try to enhance with valorite (with the risk of breaking it)

but......

Can you Use a runic hammer, and Valorite....then UNRAVEL the properties you created so you can imbue them on something else? If this is the case then color ingots, and runic hammers are still going to be important I think..

Let me know if I am wrong, or if my thinking is messed up, as I am still trying to figure out all the unravel/imbue stuff...I didnt make the Beta cut, so am left to speculation and what I can find on the boards.

Toptwo

R

RichDC

No, you could make the items out of iron and unravel them.

Where did you find out you can enhance imbued items??

C

Cloak&Dagger

No, you could make the items out of iron and unravel them.

Where did you find out you can enhance imbued items??
lerocian said it was possible in the sticky about embuing.

on a completely side note Rich, or anyone for that matter, do you know if items that on items with 0-2 intensity is "1" 50% or do you know if those items are handled differently? (i have spent a bit of time searching to come up with nothing)

Edit: just thought I would post the quote where they said you can enhance the items

Q: Can I imbue 1st then enhance? (This question was also asked as "Can we enhance an imbued item?")
A: Yes. But you risk potentially destroying the item as normal. And once you successfully enhance the item, it can no longer be imbued since it will then be enhanced with special material.

R

RichDC

SWEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!

Uber armour is gna be SOOOOOOOOO easy to make!!!

Love it!

Im not sure on the 0-2 mods but i know self repair acts as 1=20% 5=100%

So i would assume the other go the same.

That would mean that sc with pen = 100%

FC1 = 100%

MR1=100%

Im kinda curious how DI is going to be calculated, as there is(as far as im aware) no 100%DI weap and 60% is max obtainable.

C

Cloak&Dagger

50 is the max that can spawn on a weapon from a monster, and 1 is the lowest number so scale it from 1-50, each 1pct = 2 intensity. Unless you are asking how high it can be imbued in that case I would simply say "50" since the max intensity is still 50.

It sux not knowing about mods like hpr, 0-2 so 1=50intensity and 2=100? Oh well only time can tell I suppose.

K

kaylun

Please answer me this . Do you think minning is alive and well? Even if theres only 5 people online on each shard they arent buying or minning colored ore because ea completely destroyed the usefullness of any ingot but iron. honestly how many armor suits are being made out of valorite or any color for that matter? They destroyed minning when they came out with leather runic kits. Even warriors mostly play wearing barbed leather. Why because all warriors now have mana intensive skills pally ,bushido whatever .EA needs to at least think about stuff before they completely make a huge part of the game useless. No one crafts any color but iron now because they know they cant unravel colored metal items (pretty fing stupid allready and the new content hasnt even got here) and no one is gonna imperil nice items just to add valorite qualities knowing that most of the time they destroy the nice item DUU. So you completely destroy the good work of real developers back before ea bought the game to cater to what ? People that want easy artifacts? Your obviusly jumping the shark ea. If im wrong and plenty of people have strong demand and need for colored ingots please enlighten me?

K

kaylun

I cant even find vendors selling any ingots but iron on baja so theres the demand zero . Plenty have iron ingots for sale. Its pathetic

C

Cloak&Dagger

I cant even find vendors selling any ingots but iron on baja so theres the demand zero . Plenty have iron ingots for sale. Its pathetic
Or maybe the demand is so high the miners cant keep up, that is the case on other shards.

I can not speak for baja but a lot of armor is made fro metal, metal still gives the best armor props and diversity when creating armor no matter what, the reason less people make armor from metal is the limited number of hammers available, barbed runics are MUCH easier to come by than valorite hammers are, even much easier than agapite and might even be easier than gold, so obviously you will see more leather than metal but the metal pieces are still nicer and more valuable.

K

kaylun

I have been gone a few years thanks for the info . Maybe thats why no vendors have colored ingots thought maybe no one was buying them.

R

RichDC

Cloak‡1280698 said:
Doesn't that count as an artifact thus can not be worked with?
Yes, but what i meant is as it has a 75% DI does that count as max or is it the 50%...ore even 100%?

R

RichDC

Please answer me this . Do you think minning is alive and well? Even if theres only 5 people online on each shard they arent buying or minning colored ore because ea completely destroyed the usefullness of any ingot but iron. honestly how many armor suits are being made out of valorite or any color for that matter? They destroyed minning when they came out with leather runic kits. Even warriors mostly play wearing barbed leather. Why because all warriors now have mana intensive skills pally ,bushido whatever.
Sorry, ARE YOU MAD!?!

Pretty much EVERY PvPer on GL is using Sam Empire Armour!(usually out of verite)

Why?

Because all eq sam armour has Mage armour as a base property...The verite give it focused resist in fire and poison. The base ar value of sam armour is higher than that of leather.

In fact, pretty much the only pieces of Leather armour in use are gloves.

I challenge you to find a piece of +50mil leather armour! Then...Try and find the equivalent in metal.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Yes, but what i meant is as it has a 75% DI does that count as max or is it the 50%...ore even 100%?
Well i would assume it is = 150pct, becuase 50 is 100pct intensity for DI so i would assume 75 was = 150 intensity, if that is what you ment? (starting to get tired here and have been dealing way to much with programming and numbers)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh* ..... somewhere was a sticky about imbueing ...

Artifacts cannot be unraveled ..... silly question than, how di>50% on an artefact is counted.
Items made with a valorite hammer cannot be enhanced. Therefore the discussion, which material to use, seems pointless. (You can only enhance up to 5 properties. If there are 5 or more you cant enhance.)

Things for testing:
Chain-imbueing/-unravelling to increase the quality of unravelled items.
Runic crafted weapons out of colored ore:
- how high counts 40% di from exceptional? (If 50% di is counted as max, that would be already 80%)
- damage distribution other than 100% physical was stated as 100% intensity. Does that mean that you can get 100% bonuscount on unravelling items from coloured metals?
Imagine ... that way you could get maximum level imbue-materials from a runic hammer, which can give 3 magical properties.
I dont have any idea, how properties from wood/leather might count into such calculations (especially resists).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last I checked, items have to be at least 420% total intensities to unravel for top ingredients, so only recipe items would have a chance, made with a bronze runic out of iron, to be unraveled for the top-end ingredients.

It's been repeatedly stated that you cannot unravel items made with colored ore.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A smith will still need colored ingots - and a Tailor will need colored hides - if only because they are needed to fill BODs for for runic tool rewards!

I am hoarding all my runics and will then use iron and leather to make items to turn around and imbue.

C

Cloak&Dagger

*sigh* ..... somewhere was a sticky about imbueing ...

Artifacts cannot be unraveled ..... silly question than, how di>50% on an artefact is counted.
Items made with a valorite hammer cannot be enhanced. Therefore the discussion, which material to use, seems pointless. (You can only enhance up to 5 properties. If there are 5 or more you cant enhance.)

Things for testing:
Chain-imbueing/-unravelling to increase the quality of unravelled items.
Runic crafted weapons out of colored ore:
- how high counts 40% di from exceptional? (If 50% di is counted as max, that would be already 80%)
- damage distribution other than 100% physical was stated as 100% intensity. Does that mean that you can get 100% bonuscount on unravelling items from coloured metals?
Imagine ... that way you could get maximum level imbue-materials from a runic hammer, which can give 3 magical properties.
I dont have any idea, how properties from wood/leather might count into such calculations (especially resists).
How did you come to the idea that things made with a valorite hammer will not be able to be used? Valorite has a chance of creating an item with up to 5 props, nothing can have more than 5 props EVER no item in the game has more than 5 props... also Damage distribution does not mean each damage type it means if you do not have 100pct physical than you have 1 prop, also Coloured metals are not usable since you can not imbue or unravel items made out of anything other than NORMAL IRON ingots, normal leather, and normal wood. I can't even begin to understand your post....It does not make any real sense to me *sighs*

It is 400% intensity Basara and all runics have a chance at 100pct intensity so that would mean anything made form gold runics and higher have a possibility of being used for the top ingredient, I think that's the only amount of "safe" information I can give on this tho.

As for leather and wood it would be horned and up for leather and heartwood and up for wood (wood gets the short end of the stick here, hey...I only just realized wood can never have more than 4 props from a runic, heh)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Uh, check again, Cloak - they revised it to 420% MONTHS ago.