• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I just Hit 120.0 Animal Taming!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hit 120.0 Animal Taming on Siege! It took a little over 14 days. I started at 50.0 Taming, 0.0 Animal Lore, 30.0 Magery, 20.0 Veterinary, and 20.0 Alchemy (I did not pick Alchemy. For some reason, the game applied points to this for some odd reason). Went from 50.0 to 70.0 Taming in roughly one day. I'm on my vacation, so I was able to dedicate 6 hours per day to training. The following are my current skills:

120.0 Animal Taming
118.3 Animal Lore
77.4 Discordance
30.0 Magery
95.9 Meditation
106.4 Musicianship
85.2 Peacemaking
20.0 Veterinary

I didn't start training the Bard skills until later because I didn't know there was NOT a penalty to skill gain for having high total skill points, like on production shards. I decided to train Meditation to help with training Magery later. I started my first tamer on Great Lakes when 8x8 was still how some skills were trained, around 2002 or 2003. I got to 120 Animal Taming over the course of 4 years, training for endless hours. This has been a more sanity-saving experience compared to how I did it prior.

I was able to eat 0.3 in Taming SoTs & used two Taming Alacrities. But, most of the gains came from good old fashioned skill-grinding.

*fist-pump*

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when i was doing my taming on siege i put a count down timer on my computer and set it to whatever time i needed (5 min, 8 min, 12 min, 15 min) and just ran that, every time it would go off i would go tame something.
usually i did it on my 2nd computer and did something fun on my main computer.
alarm would go off, id turn to the other monitor and tame something, turn back to main and continue playing.

i didnt do mine in 14 days though, that is hella fast!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ended up buying a digital egg timer. Set it to appropriate time & waited for it to go off, then I used my mastery. Bam! Gains!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have been stuck at 116 for the last 10+ years. I started a tamer when UO first came out. I hit the magical 100 GM after many, many months of training. When the 120 scrolls came along i just didn't have the get up and go to finish it off. So been jeweled up ever since.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe every new tamer on Siege love RoT gain system.

Congrats to you, well done

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have been stuck at 116 for the last 10+ years. I started a tamer when UO first came out. I hit the magical 100 GM after many, many months of training. When the 120 scrolls came along i just didn't have the get up and go to finish it off. So been jeweled up ever since.
Takes 2 days or so to hit 90, then eat a Taming primer. My atl tamer went from 90-something to 115 in 2 days with a level 2, then I ate a 5.0 to finish it off. Prior to that I was jeweled up (on my LS tamer as well for many years), but I now use the blue luck jewels instead. Either way, I will NEVER make another tamer, even if it's much easier than it used to be.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You've raised a lot of skills...when did you sleep ?:rolleyes: One of these replies literally made me laugh out loud.....it's a secret which one though..

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Congrats, that was pretty quick, I saw you on Siege training a few times and saw your general chat as well. Again Congrats.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 real skill in taming and lore is invaluable on Siege, Jeweling them up is great until you lose your jewels and can't control your GD. So Big Congrats on the Real Skill :)

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys. I'm working magery now, and I'll post another thread on how that went. I'm only going to be able to train up to 115 because I don't have a 120 scroll.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys. I'm working magery now, and I'll post another thread on how that went. I'm only going to be able to train up to 115 because I don't have a 120 scroll.
With that GIL tag finding a 120 should not be too difficult ;)