• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] I just had to .... Play with my New Toys !!

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I managed to get one of each type in my front garden.
Spent sometime fiddling around with the plants and experiment with a few ideas.

Nothings permanent yet, but just couldn't resist fooling around with my new plants.
I know I will regret this tomorrow :)

Am I the only one with this urge ?

L

Lord Drakelord

I managed to get one of each type in my front garden.
Spent sometime fiddling around with the plants and experiment with a few ideas.

Nothings permanent yet, but just couldn't resist fooling around with my new plants.
I know I will regret this tomorrow :)

Am I the only one with this urge ?

To bad you got that dead tree in your front yard, you think about contacting it out to a lumberjack to take it out for you? ;) Nice we have to wait another day before we can play with any we got so far. Only a few to start with as we did not have the room to grow 100s of plants at one time. Still after seeing what they gave us we will be growing more asap.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To bad you got that dead tree in your front yard, you think about contacting it out to a lumberjack to take it out for you? ;) Nice we have to wait another day before we can play with any we got so far. Only a few to start with as we did not have the room to grow 100s of plants at one time. Still after seeing what they gave us we will be growing more asap.
If that lumberjack leaves a nice treetrunk behind :p

I didn't wait that "another" day, THAT is what I prolly will regret tomorrow ;)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only used the ones I could set to decorative mode so I don't have hardly anything done yet. Does the beehive look ok like that?

You did a great job on your house. :)

W

Wynne

Very nice, Oomie! I've seen this house in person and it is most decidely lovely. :) One can tell a gardener lives there.

L

Lord Drakelord

If that lumberjack leaves a nice treetrunk behind :p

I didn't wait that "another" day, THAT is what I prolly will regret tomorrow ;)
To bad there no skill in game for tree sculpture like they do in real life, up the street from us is a bear that was cut from a tree using a chain saw. Dang it looks nice, but costly, guy wants like $400 a sculpture. Be nice if you plant a cypress hated where it was, called in a Lumberjack to carve you a sculpture :)

A

Aboo

Did you put snowdrops on top of sugar canes to make those pretty flowers behind the bulletin board?

F

Flora Green

I would love to see your house, Umfufu. It looks lovely from the pics.

D

debsmad

Whoa! Umfufu, that's gorgeous! I love how your whole house almost blends right into the landscape.

And Christy love the beehive! Too funny. :)

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love your house. Would you mind telling me what shard and where it is?

D

Deb

Awesome job...I can hardly wait to use the new plants.
I just have to pack some stuff up since it is going to require some
serious recustomizing.:D

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the sweet replies !!
I really love my house and playing UO again.
I just returned about 2-3 months ago and it took me some time setting up the basic customization of my home.

The general idea of setting up my house was it to have the Woodworkers/Gardners/Gatherers feel. I also like large open spaces. I did my best to avoid the "Borg Cube" effect.
It was also tricky to build cause I liked this woodtype very much, but there are not much pieces in the type to work with. And I wanted a wooden home.
Also I always liked it when there is lots to see/look at when walking around in someones home.

Before I quit I played UO for about 5 years and loved gardning back then when it came out.
So when I returned a friend helped me out with some plants and seeds, and I went out hunting to start off my motherplant collection in the classic way starting from the bogling seeds.

Below I post some pictures of my home, bear in mind there is still much work in progress and working on my new mother collection & this new seed thing is using space I cannot decco yet due to growing plants.

Did you put snowdrops on top of sugar canes to make those pretty flowers behind the bulletin board?
Yes, works real neat with the poppies too.

I would love to see your house, Umfufu. It looks lovely from the pics.
Pictures below ...

I love your house. Would you mind telling me what shard and where it is?
I play on the Drachenfels Shard

Well Front all saw in the OP:

More total view of my home:

Ground Floor: Workshop, work in progress, left side is going in the right direction, right side is taken atm where my motherplants I crossed are growing thier 8 seeds so they can be stored after in a secure.

Living Quarters ... well ... I clear the little I had done out to make room for .....plants ....

Official Greenery ... here I grow my resources and am crossing to breed my motherplants, about 60-70 plants to go to complete my set.

The roof, was ment to be a nice gardenish sitting area, with a small veggy garden, but again since I started the roof I have used for plants, first the crossbreedings, that I slowy confined into the greenery knowning the new seeds would come soon, and now ....

I was so excited about the new plants, I ... well you see what happened.
Yesterday I expected 30 plants to bloom, due to some stacks in firtile dirt it went upto 58, it had a nice jungle look and stupidly I forgot to take a screenie before storting and charting my plants.
Next growth I expect a 50ish in blooms, atm I almost dread it :p
I do not like backpack growing, I like to see my plants grow and bloom, but now with all the huge plants and the annoying bug, not to be able to tend them once bloomed I guess I have to backpack a chunk now.

Well that's my story ....
If anyone has some nice ideas for my home ... let me know :)

:heart:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Poor you, I'm happy I only have around 40 plants growing

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used a Cypress as part of my annual Haloween deco at my place in Luna on LS. Looks much better than the Peach Trunk I usually have. :D

F

Flora Green

Umfufu - thanks for posting pics of your house.

christy - I really like how you have the beehive displayed.

Christa - The Cypress looks great especially with the skeleton and I love the head on the tree stump.

:)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
S'my rubble stump.. had a beehive on it before, but I felt that was more appropriate given the theme of my house right now. :p

You should see the inside.. it's a mess of bones and such.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not done much with mine as yet, but I did find a nice spot for one of my cattails

A

Amathist of PoC

great job guys, i have not decoed with the new plants yet been too busy collecting seeds and growing them.

F

Finch

The decos from everyone look fantastic!!. I think this set of plants is the best yet. Some of mine popped today, had to unlock them and place them in bags, I don't envy those that have hundreds to unlock and move to tend once they hit plant stage. Is there a trick that you can use not to have to do that? My plants said I didn't have access to them.

F

feath

no tricks anyone knows about. the only thing we've found is for you to move them to your pack to tend them.
if anyone has posted a trick that i missed, please post it!

crysta, i just noticed the skel is hanging from the cypress tree - that looks so cool! nice!

J

jelinidas

*gulps*
Wow...fantastic. I too am at a loss for words. Wow!
Thanks for sharing the pics! Wow.

F

Flora Green

*shamelessly borrowed Umfufu's design*

I did modify it a little to not be an exact copy and in the same tiles as my shop. Now I have a cool greenhouse that isn't a cube. Normally I use my own designs, but this works very well for what I need it for. I hope you don't mind, Umfufu. :)

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shamelessly borrowed Umfufu's design*

I did modify it a little to not be an exact copy and in the same tiles as my shop. Now I have a cool greenhouse that isn't a cube. Normally I use my own designs, but this works very well for what I need it for. I hope you don't mind, Umfufu. :)

No I do not mind, and you changed some, so mine is still unique :D

I would love to see some screenies of yours though, am very curious ....

F

Flora Green

I will put some up as soon as I take them. Also need to take pics of my shop because I'm going to tear it up for Halloween and I want to restore it after the holidays. :)

L

Lesa

My Roof after downtime ...

How in the world can you click on each individual plant if they are stacked like that, lol? plus, didn't i read we are unable to water them locked down?

I feel your enthusiasm ...i came back to UO for the new plants too!! Very nice gardeners house, it inspires me to plant more.....but not that many as you have!!

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How in the world can you click on each individual plant if they are stacked like that, lol? plus, didn't i read we are unable to water them locked down?

I feel your enthusiasm ...i came back to UO for the new plants too!! Very nice gardeners house, it inspires me to plant more.....but not that many as you have!!
I didn't ... if you meant the bloomed ones, those went sorted into containers on a char.

S

Stupid Miner

I dunno, it kinda just looks like a bunch of overgrowth. Dunno if that was the look you were going for or not... probably not though

[edit]
hm last post was a bit too negative, not very constructive.
it would look less like overgrowth if you made things less chaotic... exorcise the cypresses, take out the ferns and cat tails randomly scattered, stick to the vibrant colors and make them look like they're there for a purpose.

basically if it's more orderly and structured it will look less chaotic.

both styles have merit, but judging by the pristine condition of the main structure I'm guessing you weren't going for ruins.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the first batches of new style plants had just bloomed, and I couldnt' resist fooling around with them (like new toys :D ), I wanted to see if I could fit all the 17 new sorts in my "front" garden.

Was a pain though because they were just 7-8 days old, with the "lockdown" bug so I had to run around my house unlocking/tending/locking/lifting with decco tool for a couple of days till I could set them all in decco mode.

I was just acting like a happy little girl :D

S

Stupid Miner

I was just acting like a happy little girl
THERE IS NO HAPPINESS! THERE IS ONLY WORK! KEEP PLANTING!!! :grrr: :cursing: :mad: :mad: :cursing: :grrr:

lol just kidding, glad you had fun with it. :D

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I AM .. I AM ... B&W's & Flax ftw !!!

Am working my behind off these days .... ingame ....

(Don't ask me if my boyfriend had his supper intime yesterday, and I skipped the dishes too (They came back to haunt me this morning))

S

Stupid Miner

Nutrition is a necessary sacrifice for our pretty pretty pixels. :D