• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I guess Siege is the "harder" shard

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went to finally buy some suit parts from my faction earnings (had about 6.5k silver) Thought I would buy a few rank one peices and thought I would be fine (followed the uoguide prices). To my surprise...Siege prices for faction gear are 5x those of the production servers.

Oh well, guess I should either finish training taming or throw stealing back on so I can get some more silver...*sighs*...la

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for sharing "A day in the life of Rico's Adventures".

I can't wait to read the ending!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just another great thing about Siege that makes everyone want to start a character there.rolleyes:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just another great thing about Siege that makes everyone want to start a character there.rolleyes:
There is one HUGE factor that should get people to start a character on Siege. NO TRAMMEL or TRAMMEL ruleset. That alone outweighs any of Siege's flaws.

I would think faction players would love that since there is nowhere on Siege that your faction tag or color hides. It's there, out in the open, so anyone in factions can kill or be killed anywhere on the shard...la

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather powergame a character on 4 of the most popular PvP shards in 5 days, suit up in 3, and actually play than spend 3 months buildling a character on what I constantly hear is more infested with stealth tamers than a prodo shard.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*please note I am working up a stealth tamer.

Then again, I'd rather play on a shard that opposing faction players can't run and hide in Trammel. No matter how long it takes to train. Then again, Siege isn't for everyone...some people to prefer to play UO with the "Easy" button on their keyboard...la

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*please note I am working up a stealth tamer.

Then again, I'd rather play on a shard that opposing faction players can't run and hide in Trammel. No matter how long it takes to train. Then again, Siege isn't for everyone...some people to prefer to play UO with the "Easy" button on their keyboard...la
Especially everyone who doesn't want hiding and stealth on their characters. Speaking of the "Easy" key, what is your hide macro key Rico?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a common myth that siege is harder.

There is nothing "hard" about this game besides PvP.

You just have to spend more time in pointless grinding on Siege than on prodo shards. Just because it takes longer and is more boring doesn't mean it's "harder".