• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I got ripped off big time at a store!!

G

What is the deal with this and has anyone else ever had this happen to them?? I was out shopping the other day for one of the those big brown comfy dining room chairs with the arms. Luckily I only needed 1 more because I had bought the other 3 elsewhere. I paid $800 for one that was at some lot I landed on. They didn't have much else of anything so I went to yet another store. I went to buy something else and when I got into my inventory view that $800 chair turned into some "wicker critter" ugly piece of doo doo chair with like a comfort level of like -70!!!!

I

imported_Demirosa

Wow!! I have question, did you accidentally buy the wrong thing, or was it a scam so that it was just some CC brown chair that looked like the real TSO brown chair? Also personally, I think you should try to sell it back; although not everybody offers refunds, go for it anyway, even if it's for less than you originally paid.

I am so sorry to hear! Maybe somebody around the forums would love to buy that chair from you!
Good luck!

G

No I definately bought the "brown" one. I know because since the "recession" I always check the picture before I finalize the sale. The problem with reselling it back was that I honestly couldn't remember which store I bought it in since I had been to sooo many already that morning. I did however find a VERY nice store owner that I gave the chair to for free and he then in turn sold me a REAL brown chair for $30. Luckily there are some honest people out there still. My advice to everyone is always check your inventory the second you leave a store.

G

I belive that you can buy that chair from the catalog at home. There are some stuff you can buy from home (instead of going to a shop)

G

I must have missed it?? I looked but I didn't see it. Figures. LOL

G

gosh, i dont know why you would pay 800 for a brown chair, i do beleive we sell them at 200.....ever think perhaps it was a cc chair set out for sale and for some reason you were viewing it still as the brown chair that it started as??? and once in inventory, then you can view it right?? not the stores fault.... if it was 800, it probably was a custom chair set out for sale.... try cleaning your cache every day before logging on:) you are more likely to be able to view items correctly while shopping....

G

<blockquote><hr>

gosh, i dont know why you would pay 800 for a brown chair, i do beleive we sell them at 200.....ever think perhaps it was a cc chair set out for sale and for some reason you were viewing it still as the brown chair that it started as??? and once in inventory, then you can view it right?? not the stores fault.... if it was 800, it probably was a custom chair set out for sale.... try cleaning your cache every day before logging on:) you are more likely to be able to view items correctly while shopping....

[/ QUOTE ]

I always start my shopping by visiting the stores way on the bottom of the top 100 list just so I can be fair and give them the visitor hours. I know the top stores are much cheaper but if its just one item I don't mind paying more if it helps the newer stores/sims. I do clean my cache everyday because I run 4 accts and without clearing it I get pretty rainbow pics :) All of the other CC looked fine. Who knows...as they say, in TC3 anything can happen. Whether it was a glitch or a scam I'm sure I'll never know but life goes on :)

G

awww probably just a bug or glitch:( i just couldnt see anyway a store could set up a rip off like that.....but who knows anymore lol
being on top of list does not really mean their prices are going to be lower than someone on bottom of list, it only means they have more visitor hours:))

G

Yeah I couldn't figure out how that could be deliberate either. But like you said..you just never know

I

imported_Demirosa

<blockquote><hr>

My advice to everyone is always check your inventory the second you leave a store.

[/ QUOTE ]

EmtChicLisa, whenever possible, even safer advice would be to check the object's properties before you purchase it. To anyone who needs to know, this is done in Buy Mode: click on the item you wish to purchase, check its price, then click on the tab on the right to view the object's details (retail price, room score, comfort level, description of object).

I hope that helps for future buyers. That is good advice to check your inventory before you leave the store, Emt.

G

Thanks for the info...i'm sure I will have no problem remembering to do this now

G

<blockquote><hr>

No I definately bought the "brown" one. I know because since the "recession" I always check the picture before I finalize the sale. The problem with reselling it back was that I honestly couldn't remember which store I bought it in since I had been to sooo many already that morning. I did however find a VERY nice store owner that I gave the chair to for free and he then in turn sold me a REAL brown chair for $30. Luckily there are some honest people out there still. My advice to everyone is always check your inventory the second you leave a store.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I adore TC3 honestly, I have met some 'scoundrels' but I've met many, many more good hearted people that are willing to bend over backwards and even make up for somebody else's mistake/scam like that store owner did for you. I'm glad it worked out for you, I cringed when I opened this threat

G

<blockquote><hr>

What is the deal with this and has anyone else ever had this happen to them?? I was out shopping the other day for one of the those big brown comfy dining room chairs with the arms. Luckily I only needed 1 more because I had bought the other 3 elsewhere. I paid $800 for one that was at some lot I landed on. They didn't have much else of anything so I went to yet another store. I went to buy something else and when I got into my inventory view that $800 chair turned into some "wicker critter" ugly piece of doo doo chair with like a comfort level of like -70!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Minus 70 comfort????!!!
Wow, looks like I found Kat's birthday present!

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This same exact thing happened to me with another item. Like you, I KNOW what I bought and how much I payed, but when I got it home, it turned into something different. Wonder if it was the same store?

G

<blockquote><hr>

This same exact thing happened to me with another item. Like you, I KNOW what I bought and how much I payed, but when I got it home, it turned into something different. Wonder if it was the same store?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very strange.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you have made a mistake (Ockham's razor) but if there is some sort of exploit or bug, make sure you take note of where that happens and when.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I adore TC3 honestly, I have met some 'scoundrels' but I've met many, many more good hearted people that are willing to bend over backwards and even make up for somebody else's mistake/scam like that store owner did for you. I'm glad it worked out for you, I cringed when I opened this threat

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I cringed when I opened my inventory and saw that ghetto lawn chair!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Minus 70 comfort????!!!
Wow, looks like I found Kat's birthday present!

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA..Need me to hook you up with the kind salesman that took it off of my hands for me?? I'm sure he'll give you a great deal!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crud..I wish I could remember which store it was!! They should have a feature where when you click on info on an item that you can also see the previous owner. It would work if you got a great deal and wanted more items...or if you got ripped off.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very strange.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you have made a mistake (Ockham's razor) but if there is some sort of exploit or bug, make sure you take note of where that happens and when.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to say that there was maybe a chance I bought the wrong item...but I will go as far as to even swear on the future of this game (and all my amnesty items and locks for that matter) that I bought that brown chair! Go figure. &lt;scratches head&gt;