• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I fought some demons at demon temple, fire island fel - now im VvV???

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have only played this toon a few hrs the last days, and i just went to demon temple to fight some demons (fire isle).

And - now im tagged as VvV??? (at Orign)

I have not entered any fel cities the last couple of days...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was wondering about that, it seems all the old faction monsters (Daemons, Wisps, Ogre lords, & Silver Serpents) are still unable to be provoked on each other, so they seem to still be in faction, which must have carried over to VvV now that factions no longer exist... So, healing or attacking one of those mobs causes you to gain the aggressor flag for VvV... interesting. :devil:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems like u get flagged for VVV, if u heal someone in fel..regardless if they are in a city or not.
I was attending to a corgul, using a none-guilded char..and if i healed one of my friends whom was in VvV i got flagged as VVV..

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just logged onto Origin and went with a guild mate to fire temple.
we killed demons, nothing.
i healed demons, nothing.
i invised demons, nothing.

so i cant replicate what you had happen.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does one can tell if oneself is orange tagged ?

Does it say anywhere left or right clicking on the character or the only way to tell is when someone else attacks and kills the non-VvV character ?

If so, there should DEFINATELY be a way that one is able to tell whether one is showing orange to others or not....

Unwanted pkilling in Ultima Online is BAD, we already have been through that and I would hate this orange tagging thing resulting in more players leaving the game......

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It seems like u get flagged for VVV, if u heal someone in fel..regardless if they are in a city or not.
I was attending to a corgul, using a none-guilded char..and if i healed one of my friends whom was in VvV i got flagged as VVV..
I'm in VvV and a non VvV did heal me yesterday. He did not become orange, so I think healing only flag you orange in battle towns and if the VvV is fighting other VvV. Attacking a VvV do flag you.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killed daemons at the temple in Fel and could not replicate. Even rode an old TB horse for good measure.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I can't speak for this particular issue, if you look at this post:

http://community.stratics.com/threads/pvp-in-vvv-ruined-by-thieves.323361/#post-2446759

you'll see articulated the reasoning behind the current flagging rules.

Here's a quote: "I'm not sure why a non PvP participating player would even bother with fel content to be honest... But that is a totally separate discussion. There is plenty of non PvP based content in this game... Please don't give the traders quest in fel as an excuse."

The team agreed and thus many otherwise innocent Fel behaviors, such as just being in certain places, flags you in the new system.

I make no statement about if I agree or not.

-Galen's player

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in VvV and a non VvV did heal me yesterday. He did not become orange, so I think healing only flag you orange in battle towns and if the VvV is fighting other VvV. Attacking a VvV do flag you.
i got orange by casting remove curse on a guild m8, who was fighting another VvV guy.. 1 screen away from yew mg, i can dig more into it, when time permits :)

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This also happened to me at a champ spawn in fel on Friday I am not in a guild but was crosshealing with A VvV person and turned orange. Tried killing myself with poison, no joy. A few greater explosions and I am back to blue.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This also happened to me at a champ spawn in fel on Friday I am not in a guild but was crosshealing with A VvV person and turned orange. Tried killing myself with poison, no joy. A few greater explosions and I am back to blue.

Hold it.

Killing oneself removes the orange labelling ?

That is, there is no need for an orange labelled non-VvV character to get killed by a VvV character (or wait 8 hours...) ?

It is possible to remove it on one's own just self killing oneself ?

If so, that's at least a way out of the problem, odd, weird, but at least a way out.......

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's a quote: "I'm not sure why a non PvP participating player would even bother with fel content to be honest... But that is a totally separate discussion. There is plenty of non PvP based content in this game... Please don't give the traders quest in fel as an excuse."
I know you're just passing on the quote, but I'll point out again: bribing.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hold it.

Killing oneself removes the orange labelling ?

That is, there is no need for an orange labelled non-VvV character to get killed by a VvV character (or wait 8 hours...) ?

It is possible to remove it on one's own just self killing oneself ?

If so, that's at least a way out of the problem, odd, weird, but at least a way out.......
Yes it is a weird way but does seem to be the case. I first heard it last week in General Chat from Bupu and Jobi that killing yourself was a way to remove the orange. Apparently drinking greater poison doesn't count as killing yourself, but setting off greater explosion potions in your backpack does.

side notes: Dieing to the spawn didn't get rid of the orange. I am not sure about the 8 hour statement as I turned orange at around 7:30 am and killed self around 4:30 pm after being logged out for about 6.5 hours.