• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I feel quite lucky this night.

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hey folks, Izzy of Moonglow here.

I am thanking the Virtues, the Devs and every blade of grass in the great green Britannian meadows tonight.

I'm living away from home (IRL) at the moment, on other side of the world. I got new Debit/Card cards for my trip, and as a result my UO account deactivated because all the card details changed. My main account de-activated 8 days ago, and the email which addressed this issue was in my Junk Mail (Will now be making sure UO stuff is on my safe list...).

So basically the past few hours I've been absolutely ****ting myself thinking, "My time in UO is finally over, my house will have dropped after 7 days, my 15 year history is gone".

Clutching at hope, I paid for 1 month immediately, spent ages downloading the UO client over 3G/HSDPA, and to my... heartfelt relief, my accounts House is STILL standing. Every thing seems safe.

Probably as a result of my account being reactivated, the sign on my house says "Automatically refreshed", and nothing about being condemned, so it appears it will remain standing as it always has.

I don't understand why it's still standing, but I certainly am not complaining... I kinda suspect it's to do with it being a relatively new placement (perhaps adhering to newer housing rules?)

So, I am still in the game (sort of), coughing up money to keep my virtual life, and all my sentimental posessions alive. Mostly it's the stuff I have that belongs to old friends I want to keep for as long as possible - I would sacrifice all my rares, vet rewards and everything just to keep my priceless EA&E Event items and Gifts from friends :sad3:

So yeah... much love to everyone on Europa :)

Izzy signing off~

PS: I've always been a quiet player, so I don't expect many to recognise me any way :)
PPS: I know my websites down, financial matters means I have to find a new, cheaper host and I have not had the time yet, but it's all backed up~

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good job Izzy! It's not quite as bad as it used to be, in that you can have a much better time period after an account has deactivated before everything starts to disappear.

I certainly wish that'd been the case with my second house a few years ago, but, hey-ho, still here on main account, same as always.

Fingers crossed my accounts stays more than half of my actual age, scary thought - almost 16 years now and counting!

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're account only deactivated 8 days ago then unfortunately you got in a panic for nothing. It's around 90 days of unpaid accounts before a house begins to decay! :)

Many people juggle accounts to be active one out of three for this very reason.

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you're account only deactivated 8 days ago then unfortunately you got in a panic for nothing. It's around 90 days of unpaid accounts before a house begins to decay! :)

Many people juggle accounts to be active one out of three for this very reason.
Ah, thank you for the information. It obviously explains matters! :)

90 Days is a very comforting buffer to have, it's a very compassionate change of rules for the Devs to do that for the players of UO.
I will reward there kindness though, as I will still be coughing up another £100 a year to keep my account running. I don't fancy playing the "account refreshment" game to save money whilst keeping my house which the Devs have allowed... as I would inevitably forget to manage my account properly anyway~

I think my hundreds of sunken ships over the years - forgetting to refresh them - is a testament to my forgetfulness :p

Thanks Vor~

Hope my Arial font formatting isn't irritating btw, but I really don't like TNR

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello Izzy, Morgana of Moonglow here ( one of those marvellous banksitters in the past )
Nice to heard from You mate !

Sadly your white marble house on the far east Moonglow corner isn't there anymore and this since some times...i mean the one closed to the mage shop.

I've checked ( again ) just few seconds ago to be sure, because your post .

The marble house is no more...Sorry :(

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hello Izzy, Morgana of Moonglow here ( one of those marvellous banksitters in the past )
Nice to heard from You mate !

Sadly your white marble house on the far east Moonglow corner isn't there anymore and this since some times...i mean the one closed to the mage shop.

I've checked ( again ) just few seconds ago to be sure, because your post .

The marble house is no more...Sorry :(
Hey, indeed, that house sadly no longer stands. I waited a long time to get a house on Moonglow, and only many years later when the population started thinning and houses fell, I could finally place my own and fulfill my dream. Over the years, I went from my first 7x8 (South coast), then a 9x7 (just south west of the big Telescope), then to that 12x18ish plot on the east coast.

Sadly though, House storage finally became to much of an issue (I think you can stack stuff unpriced on Vendors, but I wasn't keen on exploring such an option), so I up and moved out into the middle of nowhere :/

I now live directly East of Yew Moongate (Trammel), and about "two screens up", by the water side. Again, relying on empty spaces to throw down a house (this time a Mini-Keep, woot), I made myself a new home there. It's open to the public, with some basic decoration, and all my sentimental stuff right on the top floor for viewing. It's been quite nice though living out there, for due of the physical space and extended storage, I actually tried out crafting a bit more seriously and it's been a somewhat rewarding experience, kinda fun.

It's great to hear from you too, Morgana :D And to see you're still Europarin'.

I'm sure we'll cross paths again in-game, but whilst I have one more month abroad IRL I don't plan to be gaming much ;)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We gather at West Bank Britain every day 6pm UK time, for a Q&A session, general chat, coffee, pizza etc etc

Feel more than free to join us :)

We're a friendly bunch :grouphug:

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to see you're still around, even if not actively playing :) Always been a big fan of your videos.