• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I do have a grandfathered house

• Thread starter MorganaMischef
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
M

MorganaMischef

in a guardzone. I also want to sell it. Many of you know the house since it was the original Paws tower in Felucca (though it has undergone many modifications since then). But if I friend a potential buyer to this house, what's to keep them from killing me in my own house. Sheesh...I didn't know anything about this bug at all until I read about it after the fact. And now it looks as though I'll never get rid of this house.

So, I'm thinking most of the legitimate houses in guard zones will be in Felucca since it's been a long time since it was legitimate to place one in a guard zone. And your advice is to insist on being friended to buy it. So that's kind of setting up the seller, isn't it Draconi? Do you pvp by any chance?

This is twice now in as many months that a bug has hurt legitimate players. And these bugs are getting a little closer all the time...

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say that I have never heard of a bug that lets people freely kill another in a guard zone simply by being friended to a house. If that is the case, you could take a screen shot of the house with the sign open and e-mail that to a potential buyer.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Set your doors' access to "Owner only." Stand inside your house, potential buyer outside. Friend the potential buyer and stay safely behind your doors (or on the other side of walls or up some stairs, beyond earthquake/aoe range - can't recall if aoes will hit people inside if the caster is on steps, anyone confirm?) that are set to Owner only.

Also, use the Feedback Form to submit such bugs. Select "Bug Reports" from the drop-down menu.

M

MorganaMischef

Thank you for answering. I am someone's grandma and don't know all the mechanics of the game. Somehow I'm managed to keep myself from been scammed and would never scam anyone else. But I worry a lot when it seems to be them against us. I just want to pay an honest dollar for an honest day's entertainment.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What?

I am not following you here. If you want to sell the house, why would you friend someone and go inside the house? To sell a house you have to be outside and both standing under the house sign. If they do kill you, the checks are blessed and stay with you, or if the sale is not made, the house stays yours.

D

D'Amavir

Thank you for answering. I am someone's grandma and don't know all the mechanics of the game. Somehow I'm managed to keep myself from been scammed and would never scam anyone else. But I worry a lot when it seems to be them against us. I just want to pay an honest dollar for an honest day's entertainment.
You shouldn't have to know all the mechanics of the game. The people behind the game should be willing to provide a safe and secure way for you to do the things in game that you want to do without having to worry about those that learn every mechanic in the attempt to get over on those that don't. But, the people behind this game don't agree. They want people to get screwed over, upset and eventually driven off from the game.

As for the people not understanding your point, the developers of the game told everyone that if they wanted to avoid being 'scammed' into buying a guardzone house that wasn't grandfathered, they would have to be friended to the house in question and check the sign to ensure that it was in fact a grandfathered house. Sounds like a perfect opportunity for all those scammers that EA seems to love so much. While there might not be one currently, there have been bugs in the game that enabled friends to do things to houses that they shouldn't have been able to. The simple fact that the devs encourage those things shows what their mindset is in regards to this game.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What does being someones grandma have to do with anything? Connor's a grandpa and it doesn't slow him down a bit....harhar..

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless the check are in a bag in the back pack.
If a blessed item within a bag in your backpack is not staying with you after a death, bug report the situation. Blessed items in bags in your backpack are supposed to (and always have for me) end up in your backpack after a death (the bag without any blessed items falling to your corpse).

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless the check are in a bag in the back pack.

I've done IDOCs in fel, and any checks I loot inside chests stay with me, even when I get PK'd. Unless there is something special about the backpack, or a new bug (doubt it), it is OK to use containers in a trade.