• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I correct myself about most boring skill...

• Thread starter Darken (Cats)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

Darken (Cats)

to train. archery, tactics, anat and fencing aren't hard. but the one skill i haven't focused on this char and nearly forgot about.....dun dun dun.....HEALING!!!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To train healing I set my laptop on my desk, load up UO on each the laptop and the desktop. Primary account on the desktop, secondary account on the laptop. I stick the cloak of corruption on a throwaway character on my secondary account and cross heal with my primary account. Best way to train if you want to avoid the karma loss that robe gives while wearing it.

[Edit]
Cloak of Corruption. Thanks Al. I should hold off posting until I have some caffeine in me from now on.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The robe black sun is talking about is the "Cloak of Corruption". It is a pretty good way to train. I usually do this up till Rez skill lvl (80 I think). And then once I'm able to res, I used to have a buddy log into a char, die, and stay there dead while I just repeatedly healed him. (they never have to accept and you will constantly gain). Now with the ability to use multiple clients implemented, I'm assuming you could do it all yourself (presuming you have 2 accounts)

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Al, certainly true. Now that Mytic lets us run multiple clients on one pc you do not even need to use a second PC! (assuming you have access to two accounts). Another method, if you do not have the cloak of corruption but do have a character with higher necro is to cast lich form on the second account and heal them. I actually take healing all the way to gm with the cloak of corruption/lich form method. With the healing delay being less than the rez delay I seem to gain pretty fast.

Now if you do NOT have a second account I a more than happy to log on a char and jump in to lich form (I do not have a cloak of corruption right now) so you can heal them. Just let me know.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh I forgot about the lich form way. The only problem I've fount with that or the cloak method is, once you get somewhat higher in skill, you find yourself having to wait for the life drain ticker so you can apply another bandy. Maybe you could couple a cloak and lich form for max health drain? And or add a strangle/poison every so often to reduce health as well?

If you need a cloak of corruption, feel free to hit me up on icq, I hit an IDOC a while back and ended up with about 60 of them. I'd be more than happy to donate some to a worthy cause.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Al,

I wanted to try exactly that the last time I worked up healing on a new char (last week) but I didn't have the cloak so I just did it the lich way. I bet it would work though to keep the life down. Darken if you want to give this a go I am more than happy to try it out. Thanks much for the offer Al.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I do. I have a UO macro bandage self. Buy a horse take it to my house or stay in Luna. Release it and attack it then get out of war mode. He will damage you. Just push your bandage self macro. When you get high enough add another horse ( dont forget to release it) so you will have 2 attcking you and keep pushing your macro. 90 healing is suffice to have as long as you have 110 anat

D

Darken (Cats)

i used to be able to train at bone wall or with npc fighters while training other skills. but i tried npc healing last night and i was still killing npc's with just a dagger in two hits.

V

Victoria Navarre

I can help anyone out if they need it. I can toss on an imbued 100% lrc suit and cast spells on myself as you heal me.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
to train. archery, tactics, anat and fencing aren't hard. but the one skill i haven't focused on this char and nearly forgot about.....dun dun dun.....HEALING!!!
Taming is my worst nightmare..... And making a new tamer as we speak :rant2:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gold sells for what? 75 cents a mil now? I think the conversion of $ to gp would make that...
*counts fingers and toes*

1,333,333,330,000gp.

[Edit]
Upon further investigation my math was a bit off.
Who would notice a missing 583 billion though right?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Gold sells for what? 75 cents a mil now? I think the conversion of $ to gp would make that...
*counts fingers and toes*

1,333,333,330,000gp.

[Edit]
Upon further investigation my math was a bit off.
Who would notice a missing 583 billion though right?

:thumbup:

D

Darken (Cats)

been sitting in the pits all day and i'm already up to 71.2, as soon as it gets to 80 im going to finish fencing and just let it go on its own.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most boring skill...hmmmm.......well if you make a "TASTEY MAGE" template then we will talk about it :p One day they may nerf this template but until then.....

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mage is a tasty mage apparently. Any time he gets near a dragon he gets eaten.

C

Corvak

Been dabbling in the realm of tamer mage recently...Cus and Dragons like me for dinner far too much :(

All Kill...just as dangerous to the tamer as it is to the target...

D

Darken (Cats)

lol. well in that case i seem to have a tasty mage myself. whenever i go to do spawns with guildies im the most targeted. lol.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if ya have cooking on ya mage ya can pwn, throw some food at ya adversary ( rumor has it thats what happned to Magincia b/c of the mass damage the template does) and eat some good old home cooking made by yourself. Theres ya Tastey mage. lol

Hopefully you know I was joking with the template. Just trying to make things a little fun :)

D

Darken (Cats)

well according to another thread from this morning cooking should be put into PvP as bio-terrorism. lol.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a special chip in my head that beeps whenever someone says my name.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait, what night is Taco night and how come I haven't been invited?