• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I can't sleep.....so I thought of something

D

DPudding

I sometimes give my toons a last name. It's a way of distinguishing them from the crowd. And honestly....it's a compassionate thing to do. How many times have you popped round the bank and thought, "Is that the Arwen or Aragorn or Delbert that I know?" Later on...you're working your magic on some cute little elf chick that you hope isn't a 45 year old dude...when the person you ignored at the bank walks over and says, "Why'd you walk away without speaking to me? I wanted to tell you about my new Cu!!!! But you ignored me!!!!" And you say, "I didn't know it was you....cause you have the same name as everyone else on the shard." You sense a droop in the mood of your neon colored friend.

Now...all this can be avoided with the simple addition of surnames. What? I'm crazy?

Let me tell what crazy is! You put together a training guide sample for a mid-size corporation. You write a twelve page outline of what will be roughly a 200 page manual. They notify you that the contract is yours! But they have 47 pages of notes and questions about your twelve page sample. All of which needs to be addressed before work can begin. I wonder how many questions they had for the samples they hated?

So....I think EA should mandate a surname for all UO characters! And I'll even help you pick yours....as I'm sure EA will eventually agree with me!

I'll start with our mods. :)

-Anne's got one. She's smart.
-Black Sun. Sun don't count.....cause it's not a name....it's an object. Like naming yourself Red Spoon. So....you get Mcneely. A good Scottish name.
-Calina. Copeland.....cause I like The Police.
-Flutter. I have to be careful here....if I offend...I may ruin the potential for further flirting....but dammit...I gotta be true to my gut!!! Berkowitz. Yeah....like David.
-Vallend. Kondratenko.....kind of rolls off the tongue....
-Giggles. Pudding.....how you doing little mama? ;)
-Dixie. Cupps.....common name in the South! And it makes perfect sense!
-Darken. Crack. I went to college with a guy named **** Crack.
-Pitr. Head. A good English surname!

I have plenty more....but I'm getting sleepy.

D

DPudding

Stig....did you take your name from the greatest show ever?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Least I ain't the only one who thinks it's the greatest show ever.

If I could add my rp-last names to my characters, I would.
But here they are:
Path (O' Virtue) (Thou hast strayed from...)
Aneirin (Grace) (less)
Kei Wa (I remembered to add a last name here)
Farsight (That is his last name. His first name should be "Niall" but that ain't a good elf name)
Dedigan has no other names.

Anyhow, I'll give other people names later. Most of the people I play with already have them and I'm late going back to work.

C

CatLord

-Pitr. Head. A good English surname!
Thank you...

A circle is a simple shape of Euclidean geometry consisting of those points in a plane which are the same distance from a given point called the centre. The common distance of the points of a circle from its center is called its radius.

A perimeter is a path that surrounds an area. The word comes from the Greek peri (around) and meter (measure). The term may be used either for the path or its length. The perimeter of a circular area is called circumference.

Circumference of a circle

The circumference of a circle is the length around it. The circumference of a circle can be calculated from its diameter Or, substituting the diameter for the radius:

c=2 times pi times r

where r is the radius and d is the diameter of the circle, and π (the Greek letter pi) is defined as the ratio of the circumference of the circle to its diameter (the numerical value of pi is 3.141 592 653 589 793...).

So my name means... pi times r , half a circumference. :thumbsup:

In a spiritual way...

pitṛ

Hindu mysticism also spelled Pitṛi (Sanskrit: “father”), plural Pitaṛas, Pitṛs, or Pitṛis

in Hinduism, any of the spirits of the dead ancestors or of all the dead who have been cremated or buried in accordance with the proper rites. In the Vedas, the sacred scriptures of ancient India, the “fathers” were considered to be immortal like the gods and to share in the sacrifice, though they received different offerings. The “way of the fathers,” characterized by observance of the traditional duties of sacrifice, almsgiving, and the practice of austerities that lead to rebirth, came to be distinguished from the “way of the gods,” which was a way of faith directed toward the goal of liberation from rebirth.

almsgiving: It is not charity as presumed by Western interpreters. It is closer to a symbolic connection to the spiritual and to show humbleness and respect in the presence of normal society... in UO it basically means, help others and let them help the next person thus creating a spin that destroys most of the false economy giving items its true value... pixels.

So... i'm just a humble dot in the Circle...

D

DPudding

Hmmmmm......

T....as in Too. M....as in Much. I.....as in Information.

TMI

I was content thinking you were Polish.

And yes, Stig. Top Gear! Best show ever!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm....maybe I'll be Podolak Podolak, like Wilson Wilson. Though honestly I do not see a glut of Podolaks running around.

D

DPudding

Podolak....you seem like an Adib.

Podolak Adib....sounds like a name from Dune!

D

DPudding

I even got one for old mustache himself!

Nystul Barth. Means: Man with a beard...close as I can get.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some people don't put last names because they RP and people who just meet them tag read and it's funny as hell.

Also, Top Gear kicks ass.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have Aedon Durreah and John McDermmot.
Scarst, I thought your last name was Skippy?

D

Daolin

No last name for my char Daolin. My mage Ophidia has the last name Sono though.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have Aedon Durreah and John McDermmot.
Scarst, I thought your last name was Skippy?
No Scarst is an alias for the character and only two people besides myself know his real name ic and ooc.

And James is one of them and started lying about it calling Scarst Skippy Ogresmusher. Admittedly really funny.

D

DPudding

Daolin Bahi. It means Elegant. I just thought the tempo of the name was nice.

S

Stig

I agree top Gear is cool, but i was called Stig long time before Top Gear changed its format and brought in its "Tame Racing Driver"

I was called Stig because of the Clive King book Stig of the Dump by a bunch of late teenagres i went to college with. They thought is was funny to call people names and Stig was the name they choose for me cos i didnt conform to the farah wearing soul boy image ( I was a greasy biker wannabe :) )

Unfortunately for them once i found out who Stig was I adopted the name as I thought they had in right on the button :) Even angry looking Bikers have a sense of humour :)

So you can call me Mr Dump :)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Giggles - Pudding. lol I like it!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-Vallend. Kondratenko.....kind of rolls off the tongue....
Hate to tell you this but Vallend does have a last name. I just left it off when I made him for UO. You see Vallend started in the old pen and paper game of Advance dungeons and Dragons (AD&D) and his family name is Delang. A lot of gaming history for poor Vallend when you consider I have been playing one form or another of the character since around 1985. He went through the old Ultima games, Bards Tales and Might and magic computer games on my old C64. He also played all the Forgotten realms Computer games on the same system before moving on to a 486 PC computer. (BTW I have not played AD&D in over 13 years now but his character sheet is still sitting in a box just in case.)

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sure you do. That's cuz you get him and I get the Son of Sam.... :bored:
*Wipes Pepsi off monitor* OMG

Thanks Delbert, I seriously needed a giggle today. And Flutter, just O - M - G too funny! I thought that sounded familiar. I still like Dixie Cupps tho! :p

D

Dixie

And as for Dixie Cupps....

Well, let's just say I prefer Mardi Gras Cups. Seriously, that's what everyone around here uses in their kitchen for everyday use.

D

Darken (Cats)

lol. how the hell does crack go with Darken. and i also already have a last name i just didn't add to the char. Retsam.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People just call me "Pike". Why did I choose a first name in the first place?

There actually was an unpopular pirate named Robert Pike, who served in the crew of Francis Drake. As the only noteworthy thing he achieved was to mess something seriously up due to his drunkenness, I will refrain from going into details here...

B

Beleg Megil

I like Dixie Cupps and Mardi Gras Cupps. And every size Cupps in between. All of them make me throw beads when properly presented.

All the other names are great, but there is one obvious improvement and requires a middle name too.

Nystul Nelson Reilley.

*hides the manatees*

D

DPudding

Zuckuss Funke. UO Toons are never nude...so it makes sense.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They call me Al, but I'm also known as, the "Werewolf of Wysteria" the "Gray Man" the "Brooklyn Vampire" or the "Boogieman". I'll let you tasty children figure out my name. Feel free to read up on me if you so choose.

D

DPudding

"they call me" Al Franken.

Never has someone needed a name change token more!

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dpudding, sorry but that's not me. You are welcome to try again. This time let google guide your way. My "pet names" should suffice as a good search topic.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do see your humor sir, but I must admit that I find it pretty dry. So much so infact that I need another bloody drink.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not one person knows of me? How about I give another hint? There was a famous movie featuring a man, with the same tastes in life that I enjoy, made to similarly "showcase" my lifestyle. The idea of which was derrived directly from my actions.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's all a joke, Al. Google defeats the purpose.
Google is cheating. Like speed hacking.

And I know I know the joke is on me... :wall: Now I know what you really think about me Del.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not one person knows of me? How about I give another hint? There was a famous movie featuring a man, with the same tastes in life that I enjoy, made to similarly "showcase" my lifestyle. The idea of which was derrived directly from my actions.
I knew who you were referring to.. The first well known serial killer and human cannibal Albert Fish. I just didn't care, but if it will make you happy I will tell everyone. Happy now?? Geeze.. Talk about names in bad taste.

D

DPudding

I thought it was gonna be something really inventive....like al ucard.

Sarcasm is tough to pull off in print....without emoticons, that is.

And Flutter....your head might burst if you knew my private thoughts. "Insert Emoticon"