• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I can't imagine why any of you play Siege

• Thread starter imported_Evilminion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Evilminion

After hearing so many people rave about how much fun it was to play on Siege, and how many role-players have moved there, I figured I'd give it a try. I started a character, spent two hours killing goats and the occasional skeleton and slowly putting together a few gold here and there to buy some ringmail. Pretty much the instant I managed to buy a half-decent tunic, three red asshats and their pets waltz up to me in Britain and flatten me outright. Even though I had a brief instant to explain that the character was brand-new and had nothing to loot. And then they laughed and tossed my stuff on the ground. So I got rezzed, came back, picked it up and was torched and laughed at again.

Oh, yeah. LOTS of fun. That's real role-playing... if you're role-playing a psychotic prick. That's challenging combat... in much the same way as hunting rabbits with a shotgun is a sport That's SO exciting and enjoyable that I can't believe I've been missing out for so long.

Back to a real server for me, thanks.

G

Siege is not for everyone. Perhaps some day you will get the itch to try again. Safe travels. *smiles*

P

Pimpin Aint Easy

ya. i have played here on and off for years now. there is always a bunch of crybaby reds around who cry about pet balls cause they cant handle a small dragon but an un-armed noobi wearing junk they can handle. and the rez kill is there just to make sure the server population stays dead. something has to hold the doors open at EA. might as well be siege's server.

I

imported_Black_Magick

Welcome to siege and goodbye. Clearly this is too tough an environment for you...

G

before you run back so fast there are a couple things you should do

first: remember why you made the move
second: calm down, and remember where you are
third: read the FAQ sticky mythbusting siege
fourth: find the guild NEW
fifth: remember there are new people here and people who remember what it was like being new, your skin will thicken up , mine did, contrary to popular belief.

N

Nerf-Herder

Funny, I had an experience like this as well when I first came here. I didn't cry, I just laughed and kept training, kept meeting people.

Res killing of obvious new players is not the norm here, neither is looting them. Who killed you?

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Welcome to Siege...

[/ QUOTE ]

you should have joined the guild (new) most ppl wont harm you while your wearing their tag. if you decide to come back hit me up and ill hook you up with some startup gear.

G

Just think......

About how good it will feel pummeling them into the dirt after you've trained up, and how YOU can roleplay it was payback.

About how YOU can roleplay the 'good' character, and defend those newbies who are harassed by such murderers.

Roleplaying doesn't mean everyone gives you a reason when they kill you...Siege gives you the opportunity to roleplay, what you do with it is up to you.

P

Pimpin Aint Easy

look me up and ill give you a few pet balls and a ninja, tameing, lore, vet, hiding and stealth powerscrolls and alacrity scrolls to match. you can be a pet-ballin red killin dragon wielding powerhouse and teach those noob killin freshy-heads a lesson!

P

Pimpin Aint Easy

nice spelling of siege (seige) &lt;---now thats really funny

I

imported_Black_Magick

<blockquote><hr>

wahhhhhhhhhhh

[/ QUOTE ] Kinda funny, thats all I've heard out of you so far. Maybe you should quit siege too, spare you the tears shed. ^^

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Kinda funny, thats all I've heard out of you so far. Maybe you should quit siege too, spare you the tears shed. ^^

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this guy, who are you in game if i may ask?

N

Nico-SP

We are a close knit family on this server leave us be all 18 of us enjoy each other...ROFL...

I

imported_SavageSP

Speak for yourself! I kinda fancy myself as a Taint, inbetween the good and bad

G

We should PK that guy in the cartoon for spelling our shard wrong.

-Skylark

G

Hang in there, we all had bad days when we got to Siege (and even the best player still has one occasionally). There are lots of good people here.

I

imported_Black_Magick

Black magick, silence, and I split callandoar with with my brother. ^^

G

Well, sorry that happened, but I mean thats part of the shard. Choice is there to be a jerk, and no matter how many nice people the shard has you can't keep out that kind of element and maintain a freedom on the shard.

I would either advise cool down and come back knowing its likely to happen again sometime, but that (at least for me anyway) its not really that common, then join NEW, as less people will attack folks with a NEW tag.

But if getting killed by jerks occasionally isn't something you want to deal with, I wouldn't bother, but you'll miss out on all the great stuff we have to offer.

G

It takes two to roleplay.
Dying is a part of playing on Siege.
You say you did have a chance to speak to them before they killed you again. Next time, try put up some RP instead of blaming them for killing your new char. You may success making a non Rolleplaying red RP you back.

I saved some stories on my old forum. Take a look of this one. A drunken guy in Mark's town Mark was a very deadly PK and not a roleplayer but here he ended up RP.

I know dying feels unfair, special when not skilled to fight back. You will learn, dying is not that bad and if you success get some possitive response from your killers after you are ressed, it can end up being good memories.

N

Noc

Neither can I..."Shh, kinda wastin' my time." Good thing I have plenty of that time to waste.

N

Noc

I don't think he/she was complaining about the death per'se.....t'was the manor in which it was dealt.

I can't believe you Siege'ers are taking offense to what he/or she is saying....gawd

I

imported_Krystal

he obviously cant live with out insurance if he gonna whine about crap ar!
i say dont let the door hit ya in the butt!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can't imagine why any of you play Siege

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to you is actually the reason why I DO play here.

Knowing that anytime, anywhere I can get killed and lose all my stuff. That´s what got me started on Siege in the first place...

G

We play Siege because Prodo shards are for the kids !!!
Everyone gets baptized in blood on Siege when you first start .
When you are new to Siege I'd suggest useing hide,stealth in your temp .

Welcome To SIEGE !!!

G

And then 6 weeks later after hes finished his skills he realizes hes back to square one... a helpless newbie!

I do tons of stuff to try to help build the community and try to convince newer players to stay... It doesnt always happen but at least Im trying...

-Lord Puffy

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

basically the same as you! except your form of insurance is your house and a smoke bomb. and your door wont be hitting you, its baracaded shut! HERMIT!

-Lord Puffy

G

LOL i love these post. man this just brightened up my day. cant handle siege, hilarious i mean its funny some trammies can't even begin to understand how we exist here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Read the sign on the door before you come in...

[/ QUOTE ]

Zing!

G

LOL , I love it too . I got jackd hundreds of times , but I guess the first lesson you learn here is don't wear what you can't afford to lose .

G

actually the first lesson should be, when you get newb-jacked, don't come to stratics until you have cooled off.

G

Im pretty sure the first lesson that every true noob learns on siege, is to put your 1000 gold into your bank. I can't tell you how many millions i have made off of jacking new characters 1000 gp at a time.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

my hero.....

I

imported_Krystal

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

basically the same as you! except your form of insurance is your house and a smoke bomb. and your door wont be hitting you, its baracaded shut! HERMIT!

-Lord Puffy

[/ QUOTE ]

well we all know what ur insurance is, but damned ROC wont let me say it!

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I can't tell you how many millions i have made off of jacking new characters 1000 gp at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFnRLMAO You gotta have the smoothest hands on the shard.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I can't tell you how many millions i have made off of jacking new characters 1000 gp at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFnRLMAO You gotta have the smoothest hands on the shard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or we just figured out how GG went red...

G

Now I would just love for you to come and say this ribbit ribbit thing to Krystal on the shard! I usually get no further than Hi K... oOOo..oOo

Kind regards

G

<blockquote><hr>

Im pretty sure the first lesson that every true noob learns on siege, is to put your 1000 gold into your bank. I can't tell you how many millions i have made off of jacking new characters 1000 gp at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

1,000,000 / 1,000 = 1,000. That is a lot of new characters to even get to your first million.

G

The first 24 hours that I was on Siege I wandered around the area to see if it looked much different than production shards.

I wandered on the out-skirts of town to see how much available land there was to place houses, etc.

I was wandering near Despise someplace North of Britain. Near some player-owned houses, I saw a red player's name appear from the edge of my screen. Panic stuck. My heart raced. I started running.

To cut a long story short...he chased me down, knocked me dead in about 2.7 seconds, but instead of looting me dry or trash-talking me, he said "show yourself" and rezzed me.

Many reds on Siege are red because they love the thrill of the kill. It does not necessarily mean that they will harass you or verbally abuse you or rez kill you to no end.

After that incident, I immediately created a "use skill - hiding" hot key and used it every 10 seconds for at least a month to raise my hiding skill so that when these situations occur I at least have the possibility of getting out alive.

Siege Perilious is indeed what Ultima Online was way back in 1998 when I first logged into Sosaria - no other production shard even begins to compare to the original UO.

N

Noc

I have and will again..."Ribbit Ribbit" Krystal

I'll do it to Ha Ha too...snowballs come cheap and the laughter lasts for a lifetime.
(grey robes follow pretty closely afterward but I'm not afraid)

K

Khaza

<blockquote><hr>

LOL , I love it too . I got jackd hundreds of times , but I guess the first lesson you learn here is don't wear what you can't afford to lose .

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I love that quote...it was told me when I first started the game and thought I had gotten good cause I was a GM Swordsman and was ready to hit Bucs Den on Atlantic hehe

I learned in reality that I sucked butt and gone was my Invul armor and gold runic Katz.