• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

i can't find blacksmith rares anymore

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I haven't stolen in like er... 9 years, but I'm pretty sure I could get horseshoes, colored wires and forged metal... somewhere.

I think it was in that large smith shop (with the blacksmith guildmaster, not the serpent's arms shop) but after looting a real loot of crates, I didnt find any be it on Fel or Trammel.

Do they spawn there, at the smith guild, in that crates pile? or is it somewhere else?

Thanx

L

Lord Drakelord

Hi,

I haven't stolen in like er... 9 years, but I'm pretty sure I could get horseshoes, colored wires and forged metal... somewhere.

I think it was in that large smith shop (with the blacksmith guildmaster, not the serpent's arms shop) but after looting a real loot of crates, I didnt find any be it on Fel or Trammel.

Do they spawn there, at the smith guild, in that crates pile? or is it somewhere else?

Thanx
check the barrels at the smith shop on Buc Den, both tram and fel side, no need to steal them, just reach and take

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, i'll check buc instead of serpent's hold then, but what is the trammel side of Buc exactly? New Heaven?

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, i'll check buc instead of serpent's hold then, but what is the trammel side of Buc exactly? New Heaven?
Buc's Den is on both facets. New Haven is the trammel side of Occlo (and the only city that is not mirrored between the facets.)

D

Drawde2

So they no longer spawn in Serpent's Hold crates? It was fun stealing from the crates to get them :(

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So they no longer spawn in Serpent's Hold crates? It was fun stealing from the crates to get them :(
Well, I can't tell whether they do spawn or not, I haven't found any in like 100 crates though.

But it doesn't mean much, for some reason I couldn't find any herb at Herbal Splendor Moonglow for quite some time and today found 3 at the same time.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bucs will be your best bet. Serps Hold seems to never have anything worth stealing anymore.

D

Drawde2

It's been so long that I forgot that you had to empty out the Serpent's Hold crates as much as possible. It's SO much fun stealing 10 stone items when surrounded by merchants. That's why there's never anything worth stealing in them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I occasionally go to Serp's blacksmith and tolerate the constant guardwhacking, because I like slow-playing my thief and gaining by emptying the crates (the chests in the other blacksmith building also have the items). You can also merge the ore in the crates with that outside on the ground, to clear out ore.

D

Drawde2

Nice to know about the ore.

Been working in Serpent's Hold a bit. Definentally slow going emptying those crates.