• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am worry about UO population

Anaxagore

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello all
i come back in UO .
My first time was in 1999 to 2000 , - 2003 - 2005 and my last in 2007 to 2008
i play actually with a new account with one month.

I love this game but i am affraid about lack of population :

my main shard is Europa , there are houses but no people , nobody in britain, in luna even in fel ....

I create a char in drashenfel and siege .. same thing

I found some people in Atlantic.

I will plan to come back with the new expansion with my main account
I love playing as looter, thunter and fisher

Please reassure me .... i don't want UO die :(

cynnir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pop back into Britainia from time to time. I feel like my shard (Atlantic) still has a pretty good population. Especially during the evening hours. The other shards I have heard are pretty dead though. Still, all those houses mean subs so they are still generating money. I don't think UO is going anywhere anytime soon. Broadsword owns it now and they are breathing some new life in. They have even talked about getting the game into steam which could be good for the community. I feel like they need to change the new player experience first though. Head on over to Atlantic and go to New Haven. You'll find people to play with there for sure.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People don't banksit much these days. Doesn't mean there is no one around on Europa.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
As long as UO continues to support the Classic Client, and not upgrade the graphics this game will continue to lose players, and not gain any new ones. The jurassics will never use another client and/or any graphics that are introduced they will pancake and moan about it not feeling like UO. So were left with a game that looks like hell, and can't attract new players, and people wonder why the game suffers from attrition.

I will plan to come back with the new expansion with my main account
I love playing as looter, thunter and fisher

Please reassure me .... i don't want UO die :(
Hey @Bleak @Kyronix should I mention to him that you guys have essentially made treasure hunting worthless? I mean I want the guy to come back. I don't want to scare off any potential returning players....

The OPS post is a prime example that Treasure Hunting is an integral part of UO. This is something as Devs you need to be aware of after completely mucking it up with VvV, and constantly lowering the intensity of loot.

Hulton

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I guess that Ultima will be available on Steam after release of Time Of Legends :d
This should bring us many people! ;)