• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am the siege perilous success story

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Whether you like me or not, you must admit that I am a siege perilous success story.

I rejoined UO after several years. I returned to SP in particular for the old school, vanilla flavor of the game. I was with UO at the beginning, back when the game was completely awesome and new, the first real MMORPG. At its time, ultima online was as big as wow is today. Ultima online was the first "world of warcraft", for those of us who remember it. I mainly came back for the custom housing and long duration of the game. I really respect the long standing, enduring, unchanging aspect of ultima online. It's nice to come back after years, and find an unchanged map. I think ultima online has that part right. Even though the game is static, the custom housing really makes all the difference.

If there is an ultima online 2 ever, then it should just be a huge upgrade to the current 2d game, keep the map, keep the housing, just add a new continent and 3d engine and ultima online will be set. I believe that ultima online still has the most potential for growth. I hope that the game someday becomes competitive again.

The real solution is player driven. Players need to take the wheel and command. It's not the game developers responsibility to create a successful game. It's really YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS PLAYERS!!! If you want a fun game, then that's on you. The game developers can only go so far. They create the platform and put sand in the sandbox. Everything else is YOU AND ME. And you're failing, for the most part.

I am a trustworthy player on siege perilous who many can vouch for my mercantile business. I am always honest about buying, trading, and selling goods. Even though I am unpopular socially and unlikeable in general. I like it this way. People generally dislike me, because I generally dislike other people. I don't really cross the paths of "good people". What is a good person, anyway? I don't know, I've only met a few, very, very rare. That's fine. This game doesn't have to be social.

You don't need to appease veteran players to have fun on siege. In fact, I say, screw em for the most part. I detest popularity contests and appeasing old farts who think they're valuable just because they've been around. I've got news for you (vets), just because you've been here a long time, doesn't mean ####. You could all leave tomorrow and nobody would miss you in the long run, except maybe ultima online would miss your cash flow. Player to player, it doesn't matter. This game would still be here. The community is not as important as some make it out to be.

The game is primary. The community is secondary.

With all that said, I'm a successful return story and new player story. If the community desires to grow, and ultima online desires to survive or thrive, then people should absorb these words. I believe that ultima online can grow and the community can grow.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whether you like me or not, you must admit that I am a siege perilous success story.

I rejoined UO after several years. I returned to SP in particular for the old school, vanilla flavor of the game. I was with UO at the beginning, back when the game was completely awesome and new, the first real MMORPG. At its time, ultima online was as big as wow is today. Ultima online was the first "world of warcraft", for those of us who remember it. I mainly came back for the custom housing and long duration of the game. I really respect the long standing, enduring, unchanging aspect of ultima online. It's nice to come back after years, and find an unchanged map. I think ultima online has that part right. Even though the game is static, the custom housing really makes all the difference.

If there is an ultima online 2 ever, then it should just be a huge upgrade to the current 2d game, keep the map, keep the housing, just add a new continent and 3d engine and ultima online will be set. I believe that ultima online still has the most potential for growth. I hope that the game someday becomes competitive again.

The real solution is player driven. Players need to take the wheel and command. It's not the game developers responsibility to create a successful game. It's really YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS PLAYERS!!! If you want a fun game, then that's on you. The game developers can only go so far. They create the platform and put sand in the sandbox. Everything else is YOU AND ME. And you're failing, for the most part.

I am a trustworthy player on siege perilous who many can vouch for my mercantile business. I am always honest about buying, trading, and selling goods. Even though I am unpopular socially and unlikeable in general. I like it this way. People generally dislike me, because I generally dislike other people. I don't really cross the paths of "good people". What is a good person, anyway? I don't know, I've only met a few, very, very rare. That's fine. This game doesn't have to be social.

You don't need to appease veteran players to have fun on siege. In fact, I say, screw em for the most part. I detest popularity contests and appeasing old farts who think they're valuable just because they've been around. I've got news for you (vets), just because you've been here a long time, doesn't mean ####. You could all leave tomorrow and nobody would miss you in the long run, except maybe ultima online would miss your cash flow. Player to player, it doesn't matter. This game would still be here. The community is not as important as some make it out to be.

With all that said, I'm a successful return story and new player story. If the community desires to grow, and ultima online desires to survive or thrive, then people should absorb these words. I believe that ultima online can grow and the community can grow.

You could have saved a lot of time and just posted a selfie.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how did you ever manage to find the time to play?
good to see you were humble enough not to mention your pvp prowess

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how did you ever manage to find the time to play?
good to see you were humble enough not to mention your pvp prowess
Probably didn't want to pat himself on the back...but must have been a really, really long week at work. At least 90+ hours at least. It's hard being such a successful anti social loner of a player.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Watch out, I spoke the truth in a previous post and it was deleted, so tread lightly or i'll have to...oh wait, I'm not a Mod. nvm

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No, I am.