• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am the biggest idiot EVER!

• Thread starter MonkeyBusiness
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
M

MonkeyBusiness

Hello All,

Just thought I would share a recent experience detailing the incredible level of my stupidity. Well, I decided to obtain the Cloak of Humility so that I could complete my set of Virtue Armor Set. For those of you that don't know, in order to obtain the cloak you must complete a quest that is a real pain in the *%*$. The kicker is that your character can only attempt the quest once. So, after toiling through this very tedious quest over the course of about a week I finally made it to the end. I gave Gareth the iron chain necklace and then he offered me the Shield of Recognition. Of course, you are suppose to refuse this reward as this is a great sign of humility. However, I was in a hurry and without paying close enough attention I hit the accept reward button. I yelled NOOOOOOOOO!!!! as I realized this horrid mistake while depressing the mouse button. And wallah!!! I am now the proud owner of the Shield of Recognition. I had to repeat the entire quest with another character (it was not as bad the second time through) and I did eventually get the cloak of humility. But I am still traumatized by the whole affair. I suppose on the bright side, the Shield of Recognition is probably one of the rarest items in UO as I would gather that very few have ever opted to take it over the cloak. So anyone interested in obtaining a Shield of Recognition just let me know.

A

Azazel of LA

Well let me check my collection at the house and if I dont have one I might be interested in buying yours (if your selling). Im just to busy as of late to spend that much time on anything.

T

Tycolby

Please your not the one who didnt lock down their ore chest full of colored ingots after they made the weight decay changes. Use to be that you could leave over weighted chest unlocked in your house without decaying. Well aftering my client crashed I wasnt worried about losing my chest cuz I had forgotten about the changes so needless to say I didnt try logging back in. Next Day when I logged back on it was all gone.
:loser:

A

Azazel of LA

Please your not the one who didnt lock down their ore chest full of colored ingots after they made the weight decay changes. Use to be that you could leave over weighted chest unlocked in your house without decaying. Well aftering my client crashed I wasnt worried about losing my chest cuz I had forgotten about the changes so needless to say I didnt try logging back in. Next Day when I logged back on it was all gone.
:loser:
Ouch , thats gotta hurt!

Armed4Fun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya hows this, im in process of moving bods and put my plate bods book, colored reward bods book(all give pof hammers ash or 20 sroll) and my filled reward bods book(100-150 bods just needing turned in), in my blue beetle and i get icq wanna do peerless have shim keys. ok, i sign off smith forgetting to sit on beetle n go fight. next day i remembered oh ya i'll go finish moving bods, log on smith and beetles gone with all bods....lost dozens pofs dozens hammers numerous scrolls n even verite exxy plate 20 sbods and 2 lbods.....

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya hows this, im in process of moving bods and put my plate bods book, colored reward bods book(all give pof hammers ash or 20 sroll) and my filled reward bods book(100-150 bods just needing turned in), in my blue beetle and i get icq wanna do peerless have shim keys. ok, i sign off smith forgetting to sit on beetle n go fight. next day i remembered oh ya i'll go finish moving bods, log on smith and beetles gone with all bods....lost dozens pofs dozens hammers numerous scrolls n even verite exxy plate 20 sbods and 2 lbods.....
I did something similar when moving from one home to another. I lost all of my colored bods, but my crappy iron 20s were fine sitting in my backpack....I was a bit peeved about all of that. hehe