• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I AM HOLDING A SIMPLE CONTEST

G

The contest does not have a fantasic prize but there is also no entry fee.
The details of the event are on the FOV website. I will add the URL on the thread as soon as I get an ok from a moderator. I am not sure if that will be considered spamming or failure to follow rule S of the RoC.

Its just a trash talking contest that is all in fun. The specific target of the trash talking is a member of FOV. If this hits off I will put myself as the target for the next one. And if anyone else wants to volunteer to be a target for the fun of it on a later date just let me know.

This could be fun.

G

Oh and to find the contest on the site, go to calendar and it should display the event.

I

imported_Death of Hemp

You mean like a roast? Cause your mom is so.....well....I'll wait and see how this turns out =)

G

yes pretty much, I will be judging the event.

I will be looking at harshness, realativeness to his player character, originality, and bashing of personal character.

Each area will be scored on a 1 to 10 scale. So a perfect score will be a 40.

Please leave any of the roasting on the the site and respect the RoC of this site and do not bring it here. Its just a fun event and I intent to take my shots in one to. In fact I will run 2 silimtaneously (dont know how to spell that) if I can get a volunteer to judge my roasting.

I

imported_Mr. Sly

Sounds AWSOME id love to see what people would say if i got trashed rofl. Good idea

M

majorwoo

Have you submitted this even on the calendar? I've not seen it yet. PM me if ya need some help doing that.

That being said, we'll probably need a tad more info on the plan - we can't be adding links to all out flamewars, but something tasteful like a roast I can see being amusing

G

Well here are the specifics of what I planned.

There is a target for the roast. The first is Snoop Dog and one for me as soon as I get a judge.

There is one judge that is approved by the target. The target must sponsor the prize for the event. With the exception I will sponsor Snoops.

The event is scored on a 1-10 scale covering 4 areas.
1. Ability to show incompetence of target. (replacing harshness)
2. Relevance to character
3. Originality
4. Bashing of personal character

In order to recieve credit for the win you need to identify yourself in the post with either in game name or stratics name being your name may not be the same in guild portal. There are is no limit to number of replys to post.

The winning score will be based on a single best posting. Not a cumulative score.
Following the final day of the roasting the judge will release news of the winner.

The roasted person is not to put any replys to the comments being this is for fun
and not for the sake of a back and forth war. The judge will not post comments.
Only posts roasting the target are welcome, there is no need for defensive posts as this is just a fun roast.

My role is moderator will primarlily be to remove non applicable posts.
Participation as a roastie is voluntary so there should be no one feeling that it is a personal attack war, cause they are volunteering for a one sided event.

You can find the contest on the event calandar on the website.
To participate you will need to apply for use of the site on top of page.
I will check regularly and approve associate status to those who put contest in remarks area of the application. The thread is under forums, then general forums. Then that specific players roast.

G

Want a roastee? I'm in! This should be a hoot

Anyone that knows me can roast me

G

I was talking to Kat yesterday about how little fun interaction these is on the shard between enemies. If your idea worked correctly, it could be just what we need. Caution is recommended though since we don't need much more anger here.

G

Also you other oversight of mine.
With public access it seems you can only view the forums so, you will need to apply to use the site. I will accpet and give assoicate status so you may reply in the general forums. For those who are interested.

I have edited the rules post earlier in thread

G

If you want to be a roastie, then pm me. I will need an ingame name and stratics name. Don't assume I know al these facts cause I don't know everyone.

Let me know what the prize you are sponsoring is for the roasting is.
It can be big or small. The real prize is fun and satisfaction.

Then i will post out to find volunteers to be the judge of your roast.
You approve one, and it starts. We will need judge volunteers as well because I wont judge them all cause I want to get in the roasting eventually too.

S

Stealth Caster

Sounds like my good friend Dr. House has voluntered me as the 1st Roastee. My in game character name is Snoop Dog. So yea bring on your smack talk and I really do hope that some of you volunteer for me to get even. Besides from what I have seen on the forum none of you could bring the goods to win anyway.

Oh and I should be an easy target to smack against since most of KOC whines about Stealth Tamers and that is what I am playing now. So bring it KOC, if you can!

G

well so if you dont know him in game, you might know him on here.
So you should have some ammo to blast away, lookin forward to seeing you fire away.

M

majorwoo

My thoughts here:

A single judge selected by the roastee lends itself to bias.
Points awarded for personal character bashing? A proper roast stays away from that, wouldn't you agree? Or are you not attempting to keep things above the belt?

G

I honestly figured that major bias may not be a problem.
The prizes will not lilkely be huge. Multiple judges incures more argueing.
With the age of most of the players on this shard I truly hope that a simple non combat fun event, can go without bias and cheating. I think its alot simpler than that.

As far as bias on the winner, I am judging the first roast and givining up the prize.
If I was just gonna be bias on the winner, I could just give the prize to one of my buddies, say he is the greatest and skip the whole thing. I dont think any such precautions should be neccessary. Give people a chance just to have fun and police themselves. If it looks like it is going all wrong after a few, ill just pull the plug.

I personaly think more of the people on this shard.

M

majorwoo

Fair enough, but you've totally dodged the second question

G

<blockquote><hr>

I personaly think more of the people on this shard.

[/ QUOTE ]

*ding* First mistake.

G

Alright look here are a few quotes I have pulled off the web from here and there that apply to what a "roast" is.

1. But the overall tone of any true roast is supposed to be admiration and congratulations.

2. The implication being that the roastee is able to take the jokes in good faith and as not being serious criticism or insult, and therefore showing their good nature. It is seen as a great honor to be roasted, as the individual is surrounded by friends, fans, and well-wishers, who can receive some of the same treatment.

3. Roasting is a cooking method that utilizes dry heat, whether an open flame, oven, or other heat source. Roasting usually causes caramelization of the surface of the food, which is considered a flavour enhancement. Meats and most root and bulb vegetables can be roasted.

To be honest I guess none of these match what my idea is. So I guess a roast is niether the right name, or in fact the name I came up for the idea. Someone else in the thread called it that and I ran with it. So no this does not fall under a roast. I dont think a roast would really work here. Im just going with exactly what I proposed minus calling it a roast. So you have a name to reference it to ill call is a seige bake instead.

Anything else that I am dodging?

G

<blockquote><hr>

So you have a name to reference it to ill call is a seige bake instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I'm so in...

Spell Siege correctly though, makes us look bad in advertising

G

since i was giving a official name, i was trying to dodge copyright infringment.

Is that believeable?

A

absimiliard

Dude, you're not holding a roast.

You were right in your initial post. What you're holding is a trash-talking competition. Simple and straightforward. Deadliest trash-talker takes all.

Don't bother trying to set the rules to match a roast, it's not what you're thinking of. Majorwoo just got distracted by the mention of a roast and the rules weren't great for a roast. Which makes sense.

A roast is, as you mentioned, a thing of respect towards the victim. This doesn't sound like that at all. It's not about Snoop Dog per se, it's about the insult slung at him. He's not the focus, like in a roast, the contestant is the focus and he's just a target.

If someone wants a better metaphor than a roast then try this. Instead of thinking of this as a roast think of it as a game of Dozens.

-abs

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Caution is recommended though since we don't need much more anger here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, screw that, theres not enough !

G

There has only been one participant in the event.

I thought this was siege guys? It will take 2 mins to find website by searching for guild on UO. Then 20 seconds to apply for associate use to website (not making you alligned in any way with the guild). Then check back the next day and your a go.

Siege has real UO players, self proclaimed PK masters, longtime vets.
But over all else we have trash talkers, there is no facts to support we are not the best at that.

So why dont the best come out and showcase what they got.
If you dont know much on about Snoop, well he is Stealth Caster on here which he has already stated earlier in posting. And you all really dont have to know anything about something to talk smack anyway.

Show your stuff, it cost you nothing. Someone will get an artie and enhanced gm armor. Whats there to lose?

If this gets participation I will set it up for those other players who would like to be made the target.

Come on Siege show what you got.