• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am Governor .... and now?

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, got chosen as Governor and decided to run for a trade deal.

But:

Can i have a bulletin board nailed down on bank walls? - So i can leave messages to the citizen?

Can i have a ballot box? - So can have votings of ideas (f.e. for the next years trade deal)?

How can i reach the citizen of my town?

How can i find out if a citizen of Sosoria is loyal to my town?

How can i reach the king of the other Governors? (Or how can i leave them a message?)

Will i get at least a small aera in my town, i can decorate myself?

Questions, questions, question....

Answers?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I were in your shoes, I'd be hiking over to the Lake Superior shard and asking the folks there. They've already had their first council meeting with the King. Maybe someone there will be kind enough to give you some answers on what kinds of powers you'll get to (ab)use.

Also, these two threads from a few months back might give you a little more information as well:

http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-publish-81-updated-on-tc1.297486 .
http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-publish-81-comes-to-origin-and-izumo.297706

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You basically have to ask your EMs for anything you want done, including decorations.

I agree we need much more systems tied in the city governor system so we can actually DO something without the need to call daddy. And the communication with citizens (and thus organizing events) is nearly impossible now - I second the call for message board and ballot box and also ask for the ability to make the Herald spam text. Maybe even a Message-of-the-day thingie that all citizens see when they log in.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The elections were completed just a few days ago.

The team referred to this system as "roleplaying plus" some months ago.

To me the implication is clear that roleplaying is the primary focus, aim, or goal of the system. And further this was widely known.

Think about the implications of allowing a player elected by other players to make major changes to the towns especially when that player is elected every few months. Think about all the whining about the electoral process, and then think about all the whining that's going on now before much has actually happened. And now imagine what would happen if Governors were allowed to make major changes to the town without any intervention from higher up.

And this doesn't even take the obvious RP aspect, that this is still a ****ing monarchy, into account.

RP aspect. Roleplaying plus.

One wonders what someone who has no interest in RP might be doing running for the Governorship. Do I know that the poster has no interest in RP? No I don't. But I do know that one of the first things he mentioned was the right to decorate the town on his own.

As to how you get in touch with your public?

Post, perhaps, on your shard's board instead of on U-hall.

Contact the Event Moderators because you as an elected Governor pretty much are under the auspices and wing of the Crown. The Event Moderators play the Crown.

Check your EM site and Stratics message board for a scheduled Council meeting.

Hang out in your city and see who regularly banks there.

And, for the love of God, realize that this is a new ****ing system that still seems to have some coding bugs, let alone everything that might ****ing go wrong in the implementation.

-Galen's player

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, you get a flash new title. That's the best thing right?

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe some just have the freeserver thing in mind, where they have a similar system for years now in which players vote for mayors. They got something where the city treasury contains resources and the mayor can spend these to purchase building deeds for prefab buildings (bank, smith, inn, stabls, etc) in various styles and sizes for the city. Player houses are part of the city as well and the more houses join a city the more stuff the mayor can build. Mayor can also lock down items throughout the city as if it was his own house.

Maybe implementing this whole building system is too much work, but allowing mayors to lock down stuff without needing to call an EM would be relatively simple and really improve the system a lot. As with the titles, abuse simply means a ban.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

But:

Can i have a bulletin board nailed down on bank walls? - So i can leave messages to the citizen?

Can i have a ballot box? - So can have votings of ideas (f.e. for the next years trade deal)?

How can i reach the king of the other Governors? (Or how can i leave them a message?)

Only one citizen on your shard?

Answers?

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should the governors not be allowed to lock down items themselves? Possibly build buildings with such a tool like the house customization? Taking from city treasury, of course. Building of an arena for tournaments would be interesting.

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only those who have become adored and gotten their corresponding title should be allowed to be a Gov.

EDIT: Venerated not Adored

Last edited:

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am for the vendors with a caveat. One vendor per citizen or maybe per account. Be sad if all towns started looking like Luna....

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

But:

Answers?

Lady CaT Chesapeake Governor of Yew

Ummm... Lead or get out of the way!

Set up you new office on a plot you purchase in your home town!
Decorate your new plot/office any way ya like to promote your new governorship!
Craft and hang your bulletin board next to the front door!
Craft a ballot box and lock it down!
Set up a mailbox.
Then announce your new Governors Office in general chat!
Drop some runes around Sosaria to the new office.
Brainstorm some player event's that YOU and your friends will run for your town YOU are now leading.
Support other Governors in hopes they will do same for your events.
Read your shard EM forums and watch to see when Counsel meetings will be held and be sure to attend.
Contact your shard EM's and let them know you are ready to go and see what kind of support they may be able to provide!

Then Promote, Promote, Promote!

If you wait for everything to be done for YOU then you probably aren't going to last long as governor, It's a Dragon eat Dragon world out there!

And most of all have fun! *smiles*

Last edited: