• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am 100 % pissed...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Gonna speak crazy here since its the new year and im feeling saucy... imagine a CC with all the original artwork making a baby with an updated working UI similar to the EC's... throw in the option to go full screen high rez and boom what do we have??? A dream that will never come true because we need more cowbell..

Someone please follow this up with an appropriate SNL gif...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can only use EC for a few minutes. My eyes begin to hurt. Its just like when I get a new prescription for glasses. Anyone else have this happen and would it go away if I forced myself to look at it long enough?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hate the skating. Try to run from something you are fighting and you skate away...often times backwards or sideways or obliquely...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can only use EC for a few minutes. My eyes begin to hurt. Its just like when I get a new prescription for glasses. Anyone else have this happen and would it go away if I forced myself to look at it long enough?
No it does not go away.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My main dislike of the EC, apart from it being fugly, is the movement. It looks like skating on ice rather than walking or running. Horrible.
Yea the difference is quite big. I never played the CC for more than an hour and every time I see videos on youtube I feel like they act in stop-motion :p I guess its all about preference and what you are used to.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Who could have possibly guessed this would turn into a client war thread??

My main dislike of the EC, apart from it being fugly, is the movement. It looks like skating on ice rather than walking or running. Horrible.
Yeah this is turning into a CC bashing thread

Chaim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I use EC with Pincos and I really like it. Specially for doing treasure maps. I used to always use CC. But when I came back a couple years ago the CC play area is really small and I cant make it any bigger without changing my PC screen resolution. The EC you can resize it.

But I do have something I can't figure out. On 1 of my characters I can use the mouse wheel to resize healthbar, backpack, etc as well as zooming in and out in the play area. My other characters this doesn't work and I cant find the setting for it. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drag the "Toggle Scale Mode" Action to your bar, it's under Actions/Other.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dont have much time atm due to rl-issues, but I did some trade-/smugglers-quests and some SoTs. EC is so much superior to CC in these areas of the game... Oh dear, I wasted so much time with CC...
Wait till you check out taming with the EC and Pinco's... what a dream. That is my #1 reason for NEVER going back. That and being able to swap out my bow, quiver and talisman all in one click easy as all get out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would love to use ec but it just hurts my eyes too much, guess I'm getting too old lol.
Try making sure you have the refresh rate set optimally... really makes a world of difference.

Also... turn off footsteps and other things that are out of sync... I found this helps a lot as well as turning down the Idle animation and particle detail helps too... as well as turning off the mob shadows.

This also improves the overall speed of the game.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, two fresh impressions (not much time for playing): Questing, selling, purchasing, animal lore, taming etc = 1000x better than CC. PVM with larg mobs: CC is cleaner, better overview. The music of EC is fantastic, I love it so much! EC has more information, another good point. I hope I can do more testing after March 17. But at the moment, I like EC very much! This celtic music rocks!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Everytime I see this title, I'm thinking, 100% something describe you very well Doc, you always go for 100% no matter what you do :)