• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am 100 % pissed...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...by the EC! I am trying to give the EC a chance every now and then. Logging in to it, trying to configure it... Its such as horrific mess! I cannot use the Zoom-feature, as the mouse wheel does not react. I cannot use the right mouse button, no item/stuff properties available. The screen is a mess, empty hotbars around everywhere.

A normal UI pops up and lets you play with it. I used EC for placing castles and checking IDOCs some years ago. But lately I have no chance to configure it. Neither Standard UI, nor Pincos. I really wonder how people get those awesome imbuing weight ratings and pet ratings - no properties menus appear, I cannot even click stuff...

I wish I could just use this damn client! And after eacht and every patch, everything is broke again...

Is there a youtube tutorial for dummies anywhere? Shouldnt those clienst even work for customers who are not the most intelligent ones?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
User settings is your friend here. Choose user settings>Input then choose your method of zoom in/zoom out. It takes a determined effort to get your settings just right. Well worth it in my opinion.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also, it sounds like your character config files might be very well broken.
Open explorer, paste %USERPROFILE%\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss at the address bar, rename the "user data" folder to "user data original" or something akin to that and launch EC to start fresh.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I agree with @BeaIank about the char profile.

Go into the my documents folder then the "EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss" and delete EVERYTHING inside it.

You will have to start from scratch but it should sort out any problems. I always back mine up anyways as its possible to save macros and import them into a "fresh" profile.

I then make one template character with all my hotbars, mobile bars setup how I want them then copy it and rename to the names of all my characters. This way my layout is the same for all my characters. I then add all the spells/icons I need after as each character has different ones.

I used to use Pinco UI for the extra features but have been using the default UI for months now as it feels much much faster and more responsive. I do miss the features of Pinco like the animal lore gump, moongate gumps and crafting menus (when they work).

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your kind replies. I made a short video for illustrating three of my most obvious problems... And I always wonder where people get those shiny other stuff like health-bowls and other gimmicks...

Maybe your hints are the solution for the problems shown above. Sorry for posting it then...

Thank you, friends!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I deleted the files as suggested by DJAd, but the problems are still the same after restart. No backpack, no character sheet. For example, I cannot click on the tillerman and drydock my boat... Didnt help...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the diablo style healthbars you need to enable that in the options and the same goes for the item tooltips. I would post some pics to help but I am just using the default EC without Pinco and those features are part of Pinco UI.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, mate. But as long as I cannot even use my backpack, I wont try the other stuff...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Do you have the tools hotbar visible? Sometimes it hides behind the game window... Just a thought. I use default EC. Pinco's is way too cluttered and busy.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hit ALT+R to reset your UI Doc (i think you pack and char sheet are opening, just doing it off screen) there is also a reset button under options to try as well. something is clearly broken with your UI.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I can think off with regards to the backpack and char sheet is they are appearing but they are off screen.

If you go into the options menu and change the "UI Scale" to something smaller. Try 0.50 and then click them again (backpack and char sheet).

If they then appear drag them into the middle, go back into the options and then change the UI scale back to whatever it was before and then place the character sheet and backpack where you want them to be.

Also go into the user settings and the input tab. Scroll down to the backpack window and assign a hotkey. See if it works trying to open it with a hot key rather than clicking it.

Last edited:

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is that pincos? That UI looks nothing like EC does for me. I screw around with developing custom UIs on the EC, and anytime I have an error in my code, I have the problems that you are having right now. I would recommend choosing the regular "Default", untouched UI under Custom UI before logging in.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, try turning off Pincos to see if that fixes it. may need a fresh install of the client and Pincos

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...only turning off Pinco´s works... But then I dont have the shiny stuff and the pet calculator. Instead of using the standard UI, I would rather stick to CC. Oh boy, I hate technical stuff...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But thank you for all of your hints. I just wish Pinco´s would work...

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...only turning off Pinco´s works... But then I dont have the shiny stuff and the pet calculator. Instead of using the standard UI, I would rather stick to CC. Oh boy, I hate technical stuff...
Well this is a big troubleshooting hint then. The problem doesn't seem to be EC at all, it seems to be Pincos. Fresh install of pincos sounds like your best bet. Something may have went wrong with the install there.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried DJs options but Pincos do not save them. Always popps back to 1.0...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all! I think I just delete EC and reinstall it...

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I feel your frustration. I just started trying out the EC to do t-maps. I'm not having all the issues you are but stills seems clunky and for the life of me I can not find out where to turn on circle of transparency.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It does look odd to me... I've never seen Pinco's look like that, ever. My guess is that he has some old or other version of some UI mixed in there...

Very odd.
ScreenshotofPincos.png

Properly installed the EC with Pinco's should look like this^^^ If it doesn't did you check any of the items under the "Legacy" tab? Because when you do that it can REALLY mess up the client and also cripple the features of the EC since it's not meant to be classic... Using classic in the EC is just wrong.

At any rate if your paperdoll doesn't look like mine then I think the problem is not the EC or Pinco's but your version of the EC is not the real EC... I think someone is right that it's the old KR client which I'm not even sure why it's sort of working for you since they nixed that long time ago...

EC No Pincos.png

This is the EC without Pinco's running... also NOTHING like what you are showing... so I'm thinking you need to redownload the EC using the link @Quartermain provided.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you start it through the Pinco patcher? IIRC Pinco used to use its own patcher.

Meltedmantis

Adventurer
May or may not help your issue, but I've found EC to work much better with legacy grid containers off.
I know you mentioned issues with your backpack.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Let me know how that works out and if you still need any help just don't hesitate to ask. I'm always happy to help anyone who genuinely wants to learn the EC.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Here is a link to a EC video I did a few years ago some things have changed but it explains what most of the options do
Hope that helps

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a great bunch of helping people you are! Thank you. I just reinstalled everything and now it seems to work. And indeed, it looks different. I dont have the time to test it all but I will after March 17 :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What a great bunch of helping people you are! Thank you. I just reinstalled everything and now it seems to work. And indeed, it looks different. I dont have the time to test it all but I will after March 17 :)
Good luck and if you have any questions or any problems feel free to ask.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
it has a lot of useful features Doc, it took me a month of refusing to play the cc to get used to it. i haven't used the CC since
Same here, the initial change was really tough, but once you learn all the features, reverting back to CC is even tougher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Gonna speak crazy here since its the new year and im feeling saucy... imagine a CC with all the original artwork making a baby with an updated working UI similar to the EC's... throw in the option to go full screen high rez and boom what do we have??? A dream that will never come true because we need more cowbell..

Someone please follow this up with an appropriate SNL gif...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Been using it exclusively since 2012. There is no way I could go back to the CC.
It has too many useful features and I can see the game area on my 4K setup.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run the EC now 99% of the time. If I want to run my training scripts, or idoc auto looters, and leet PvP hacks then I'm forced to switch back to the classic client.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who could have possibly guessed this would turn into a client war thread??

My main dislike of the EC, apart from it being fugly, is the movement. It looks like skating on ice rather than walking or running. Horrible.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My main dislike of the EC, apart from it being fugly, is the movement. It looks like skating on ice rather than walking or running. Horrible.
ditto.....the glide- is awefull...if u actaully walked/ran id give it another go....but to skate around....its horrid

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Just don't. This is not a client debate. This is about helping another player understand and use the options available.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just don't. This is not a client debate. This is about helping another player understand and use the options available.
I didn't. There were many posts prior to mine that already started down that path. It was inevitable. Thread should probably have been locked as the OP had solved his problem.