• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] (Hypothesis) Resource Control in Sosaria

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I probably have too much spare contemplation brain time available due to RL and concentration in the Sosaria resource spawn may not be at the top of the productivity chart, but contemplation so happens and writing this gets it off my chest and clears the mind in ways jasmine or peppermint tea cannot.

It started with the mining of valorite and the requirement to recall excessively to obtain a significant quantity. Also, in making a DI suit for a new Sampire I was creating I ran out of Heartwood. So, on to define the hypothesis.

The hypothesis is that community cooperation can control the mining and wood resources in Sosaria. Simply, we can bind together with a concentrated objective to achieve complete control over our land.

MINING:
Mining this works by designating a location of focused effort and using our tools to shape the environment. We shape it by digging once and using the prospectors tool to upgrade the ore site. This site must be upgraded multiple times and can only be upgraded by one person by one level. This means resources must remain to upgrade it to the next level.

1) Go to the mountains/caves West of Britain.
2) Dig once and use prospector tool to upgrade the site.
3) If Valorite then dig completely to obtain your share of the Valorite resources.
4) Walk on to the next spot if it isn't Valorite to leave material for the next person to upgrade the dig site
5) Repeat at step 2

If this works then designate other cooperative locations like maybe Occlo can be the Gold mining town et cetra.

Lumberjacking:
How this works is that an area is designated where resources would be depleted to then be refreshed to a new wood type. My limited test was to take a section of trees maybe encircling 40 trees. I repeatedly depleted the resources and returned to the same trees to take any new refreshed resources. This triggered a resource spawn change and I got a tree to go from oak to ash.

My limited testing recalling to a heartwood tree too often made it change to ash. Therefore, once the region becomes Heartwood it cannot be overly chopped. To mitigate early spawn turnover get a region to spawn heartwood and only take one chop per tree to save some for others. Thus, the location will be less likely to become out of resources.

This means we need a fairly large area of control so everyone can get the resource type. Let's designate East and South East of Ter Mur for heartwood and come there to deplete all the other wood type out of that forest.

-Lorax

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see a large guild taking control of a mining/lumberjacking area in Felucca to test this theory. :)

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if you upgrade the ore one level using the prospector's tool, but then don't actually mine the vein, how long does the vein remain in that upgraded state?

K

Kallie Pigeon

So if you upgrade the ore one level using the prospector's tool, but then don't actually mine the vein, how long does the vein remain in that upgraded state?
It remains till the next spawn cycle like 20 minutes or so.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 account with 7 GM miners with 7 Prospector tools on the same shard & you have to start with Dull Copper not iron. You could pull a Valorite Ore every time. Of course that is after you upgraded it 7 times. & each time its upgraded it has a chance of running out doesen`t it? Seems like an offel lot of Effort for Valorite though.