• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Hunting Ore Elementals?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried to hunt some of those elementals (after pub 64). While they had a good chance to give crystalline blackrock, I now havent got any from them. Anyone knows, if crystalline br got removed from their loot or the chances for it only got lowered or if I had only bad luck?
(I tried for about 5 shovels. Before the publish about every third elemental gave br).

G

Gowron

I haven't gone Ore Elemental hunting within the last week, but in the past a trip with 4 garg picks would get me somewhere between 1-8 crystalline blackrocks.

I

imperterritus

It definitely did not get removed. I got one from copper ore el this morning.

Thadagaron

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree i did some ore elementals with a friend just last night and we got on average 1 of them to every 3 ore elementals.Seems you have just had a run of bad rng.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allso dont forget that the higher the elemental type the higher the drop chanse.
Its wise to bring a prspectors tool as well.

G

Gowron

I got 3-4 of the crystalline blackrock this weekend, which is around my norm given that I only did short bursts of mining.

L

LordDextonious

Go do dull copper elems in shame. Probably one in 30-50 have blackrock. Might be faster than mining them up

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go do dull copper elems in shame. Probably one in 30-50 have blackrock. Might be faster than mining them up
Not really. I use my Gargoyle pickaxes in Ter Mur and go for just golden elementals and up. I get many each trip from the monster and also a load from the mining as well.

Best hit I had was getting two valorite elementals from the same vein :)