• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed Huntigowk Day

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1st April, 10 pm GMT / 5 pm EST

[Note: By the 1st, UK clocks will have gone ahead one hour. It may be April 1st, but fool me once, blah blah blah. Keep an eye on the town criers. On with the show!]

The cart lay on its side, goods were strewn all over the track, and the horses had bolted. She could still hear the protests of her father, as they carried him unceremoniously through the trees: “Help! Put me down you brutes! This isn’t funny! Say, did you hear this one? An orc, an ettin and a troglodyte walk into a tavern, and – Ow! Stop hitting me! I am the royal jester, I’ll have you know! Put me down!”.

Glancing around the wreckage, she saw a small pouch with reagents spilling from it, and grabbed it. Running after her father’s kidnappers, she tried desperately to remember the words to a spell – any spell. Waving a hand desperately in the direction of her father’s loud complaints, she started to cast:

“In Bet Flam” she yelled. The smallest wisp of flame she’d ever seen shot through the trees and fizzled out in the air. She groaned and tried desperately to remember the words her teacher had tried to impart to her, just before she had accidentally turned his robe into a flock of tiny blade spirits. The healers said he would be back to normal in a year or so, and they said scars were a sign of character, didn’t they? In that case, he would have legendary character.

“In Uus Por!” she shouted, hoping to make them turn around and bring her father back. Instead, she was unceremoniously hauled skywards. As she narrowly missed a passing gargoyle, she caught a brief glimpse of where the vile band were heading, and then her neophyte spells flung her towards a nearby farm.

She staggered to her feet, covered in mashed pumpkins. A farmer who had come to see what had happened to his crop took one look at her, turned and fled. “Tis a fruit elemental! Run for yer lives! Aaargh! Aaaaaaaggghhh!! Argh!”

She sighed deeply and squelched towards the main road. Whoever would rescue her poor father now?

What you need to know:

• Start time is 10 pm UK. That should be 5 pm EST unless Hawkwind’s still messing with time. A pox on folks who mess with clocks.
  • We will meet at the EM Hall near the Britain Moongate.
  • Gates to the EM Hall will be provided in a variety of places.
  • All are welcome. Really. I wouldn’t lie about a thing like that.
  • Most of this will be outside the guard zone. Bank all valuables, or leave them at home.
  • It IS April 1st. But yes, there is an event. Announcing one and not holding it would be a terrible April Fool’s joke.
  • Fruit elementals are not a thing. Give it time, they probably will be.
With gratitude to Lady Hoffs for offering to change the date of the monthly auction, so more people could join in.

Continue reading...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the event, Kincaid.
A bit messy but fun overall. ;)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sure not my kind of event, hate dying to monsters.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You helping @Idahoan farm potatoes?
DSC00382.JPG

potted 3,000 plants from cells to 4" pots this afternoon :) Planting the Taters tmrw only the usual 5 acres. By the time I am done potting up the plants for market will have 27,300 this year and all 6 greenhouses stuffed between those and my 600 flats of 72 cells to plant on my farm (43,200 tomato and Pepper Plants give or take)

DSC00381.JPG

The 43,200 go out here........

DSC00320.JPG

And over here.............. to the tree line, only 60 acres in produce, I am just a little operation :(

DSC00324.JPG

O'siris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 64628

potted 3,000 plants from cells to 4" pots this afternoon :) Planting the Taters tmrw only the usual 5 acres. By the time I am done potting up the plants for market will have 27,300 this year and all 6 greenhouses stuffed between those and my 600 flats of 72 cells to plant on my farm (43,200 tomato and Pepper Plants give or take)

View attachment 64629

The 43,200 go out here........

View attachment 64630

And over here.............. to the tree line, only 60 acres in produce, I am just a little operation :(

View attachment 64631

thats pretty cool! looks like some good ol' fashioned hard work!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Seen from my view, A weird looking gate is made in EM Hall, I entre it, did end up on roof on tower of a little orc camp together with several other players and lots of orcs and some pets. I could not move but after a while, I success teleporting out without dying.
All did seem confuse. I saw 2 or 3 icy gates, took one of them, ended up in a second dead trap with lots of orcs and think 2 orc brutes, believe in a dungeon and died, I tried to res but was not able to get my stuff as I insta died each time I tried. I then choose to try to leave without my suit and guess I hit a gate or tele more and ended up on and island with 2 big fansy but peaceful dragon. I got enough, saw LB make a gate and decided to take it and got to their houses, said thanks and worked home.
I was not in the mood to try to get back. Others must tell the rest of the story from the event.

Sargatanza

Journeyman
I want to say it was SUPER! I wish restart it and do again! Was really fun for me :)
I was much behind from start, those "small" places, where we was teleported, just perfect spots to try kill Umbra Ladies, but i was concentrated on "understanding", cos had problem with translating "Background information", so missed my opportunity; then "stuck" with "crazy" monsters... At least i obtain my "Boots of april fools" :party:

HUGE thank you Mr. Kincaid!

P.S. those friendly dragons on small isle fun, if thay still there, go to see it.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seen from my view, A weird looking gate is made in EM Hall, I entre it, did end up on roof on tower of a little orc camp together with several other players and lots of orcs and some pets. I could not move but after a while, I success teleporting out without dying.
All did seem confuse. I saw 2 or 3 icy gates, took one of them, ended up in a second dead trap with lots of orcs and think 2 orc brutes, believe in a dungeon and died, I tried to res but was not able to get my stuff as I insta died each time I tried. I then choose to try to leave without my suit and guess I hit a gate or tele more and ended up on and island with 2 big fansy but peaceful dragon. I got enough, saw LB make a gate and decided to take it and got to their houses, said thanks and worked home.
I was not in the mood to try to get back. Others must tell the rest of the story from the event.
I"m glad I missed that one too, how hard is it to be creative ? I should have applied for EM.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Some one pls describe the event an how it turned out! I was stuck at work :(
I am still awaitng approval of the article I submitted
my first death robe multi orcs.jpg
Here a sample of one of the pictures I am using for it, I did not die till I hit this road block, after that it was one death after another, and with over helpful healers a lot of res killing from orcs

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Article has been approved...thank you again Drakelord for the event coverage, sorry I missed it...odd time for me but it looks like it was loads of fun!

merkd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Long story short lb killed everyone on single tile proceeded to kill one of the bosses.. took about half hour with 3 drags. Move to kill second boss and it was gone...Killed by stealth gil with no drags seems weird as the orc had 20k hp and was a beast... I smell hand holding from the Em maybe another conspiracy...I'm thinking the em redlined it for gil so they could word of death it

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Long story short lb killed everyone on single tile proceeded to kill one of the bosses.. took about half hour with 3 drags. Move to kill second boss and it was gone...Killed by stealth gil with no drags seems weird as the orc had 20k hp and was a beast... I smell hand holding from the Em maybe another conspiracy...I'm thinking the em redlined it for gil so they could word of death it
I got an email that explains how the event was to go.

Phase 1:
April arrives at the EM House, asking for help rescuing her father, who was kidnapped by orcs.

Phase 2
April gates everyone to the orc fort.
Orc mages complain bitterly about the invasion of adventurers, and then cast gates to make them go away.

Phase 3
Orc dungeon. Brief fight with a few orcs.

Phase 4
Dot Island.The dragon tamer was supposed to give more information, after which there was a killer chicken fight, This would have led to an escape hatch to follow April's trail.

Phase 5
The shipwreck. The captain was giving clues as to how to move on, The clue was "OhWhatAGooseIAm",

Phase 6
The orc cave.Fight two "Bubhosh Majoka" (Great Mages in Bloodclan Orc-speak).
These two bosses dropped the reward.

Phase 7:
Chuckles the jester is rescued, gates everyone home.

The reward was "a token gesture". There's one locked down in the reward hall, it laughs when double-clicked.

-EM Kincaid

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You left out the part where you died and got looted. ;)

Here´s my version of it:
The event starts with LB members dropping like flies. The event ends with LB members dropping like flies.
The circle was completed... :D

merkd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hmm the boss killed me twice that's about it.... And good job looting all the easy stuff and leaving all the important stuff