• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Human vs Elf

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I was considering taking the human to elf quest, mostly so I could tame cu sidhe's and release for the purpose of discord. Not a huge reason to switch races.

Has anybody else switch from human to elf and regretted it?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure I understand your reasoning... Releasing Cus for purpose of discord?? You mean to train disco on a herd of released Cus?

If you are high enough to discord Cus, you can probably train disco via the bard mastery.

I don't really think there is much downside to being an elf tamer vs human though.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Right, tame and release Cu sidhe's so I have a number available to discord.

My tamer has the taming mastery, actually didn't realize there was a bard mastery training method, I'll go read the FAQs...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There is a downside, by the way, humans can carry 60 stones more, just wondered if any elves / humans had in-game experience where one might be better for a tamer than another.

I'm going to start with the bard masteries tonight, so the cu cidhe tactic just went out the window...

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did the quest on my tamer when I returned a few years back primarily because when I had quit playing there were no elves in the game and I wanted to do the quest...my tamer/bard seemed like the most logical character to convert. The +20 MI helps with the Masteries and any mage spells I need to cast. Other than that the permanent nightsight is kind of nice but I can't really think of anything else terribly useful since this toon is primarily for PVE.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a downside, by the way, humans can carry 60 stones more, just wondered if any elves / humans had in-game experience where one might be better for a tamer than another.

I'm going to start with the bard masteries tonight, so the cu cidhe tactic just went out the window...
The only benefit is if you want to be barefoot or not...la!

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well remember that now there are some nice shoes that give bonuses, even luck and a good amount so for me being able to use my CU without worrying about my shoes is a bonus.
Plus imagine finding an awesome cu, rare color, good stats and being unable to tame it, worse seeing someone else come along and tame it under your nose.