• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hrm

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good to see you´re still around, Kelmo.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* No, I have left the dish pit. The restaurant industry has tipped over and will likely not recover to pre-pandemic levels of commerce anytime soon, if ever. Too many people are trying to make a living off of a plate of food. I had to support 5 or 6 levels of useless middle managers that never touched food and rarely even visited the working stores. Then there are the shareholders...

I am now the janitor/fixit person for a small private daycare and elementary school. The school is attached to a non denominational church that is within walking distance of where I live. Luka and I bought this condo we are living in here in the suburbs of Detroit, Mi. It is a nice place, we are 27 floors up and have a great view of the world.

Life is pretty good.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
'we are 27 floors up' reminds me of ... “Stairway to Heaven” ~ Led Zeppelin Nov. 8. 1971 .... And she's buying a stairway to Heaven ....
Enjoy your new surroundings and .... Dream On ~ Aerosmith 1973 :p

*COOKIE HUGS*

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles* No, I have left the dish pit. The restaurant industry has tipped over and will likely not recover to pre-pandemic levels of commerce anytime soon, if ever.
LOL you sound like me explaining why I shut the business down in July 2020 and finally just said screw it and retired for good from the food service at any level.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL you sound like me explaining why I shut the business down in July 2020 and finally just said screw it and retired for good from the food service at any level.
Same but I decided to retire to retail at Lowe's and i thought that in 40 years of food service I'd seen the Lowest level of hell but nope there's really a Lowe's at the bottom

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same but I decided to retire to retail at Lowe's and i thought that in 40 years of food service I'd seen the Lowest level of hell but nope there's really a Lowe's at the bottom
My plan was to retire in 2025 at 57 and build the lake, ponds and new house then. Lake and two ponds done in 2022 and working on the new house now. So instead of starting in 2025 on the Lake it is now 3-4 feet from totally full and awaiting its fish stocking in the spring.
Lake Perspective.jpg

The house is just a open sided pole barn I had built in 2010 that I got a wild hair to turn into a nice little 1600sq' house for my retirement dwelling. I hate building houses even for myself :) But it is tediously coming along and with luck will be done by the end of May.
DSC03628.JPG

I am liking literally working for myself now days instead of a Customers, I am much easier to make happy than Customers LOL.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I am going to bump the single discussion thread I see going. :cool: I suppose everyone has moved to Discord? I hope that is working out for everyone...

Personally, I am holding out to see how New Legacy goes. I look forward to seeing how it rolls out and what it may have to offer. Until then I have gotten a nice new Steamdeck and am working my way through years of missed games. Baldur's Gate 3 and Dave the Diver are my go to games right now. I do have a que of other games purchased and ready to go. Oddly enough, none of them are MMOs. *chuckles*

So, how many of ya are still hacking it away here on Siege? Any of ya in hibernation like me?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy new year!

Aye, hibernating, too. Baldur's Gate 3 is occupying my time as well as family business.

Ahhh, glorious and wonderful people in this thread. I dont use Discord much, but I am snooping here every now and then ;-)

UO_Joseph

Visitor
My plan was to retire in 2025 at 57 and build the lake, ponds and new house then. Lake and two ponds done in 2022 and working on the new house now. So instead of starting in 2025 on the Lake it is now 3-4 feet from totally full and awaiting its fish stocking in the spring.
View attachment 140207

The house is just a open sided pole barn I had built in 2010 that I got a wild hair to turn into a nice little 1600sq' house for my retirement dwelling. I hate building houses even for myself :) But it is tediously coming along and with luck will be done by the end of May.
View attachment 140216

I am liking literally working for myself now days instead of a Customers, I am much easier to make happy than Customers LOL.
Any updates on your progress here? Looks like a great spot

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hey! This thread is on fire! 16 posts in 16 months! :pancakes: