• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hp or Resists?

D

Duddley98

Got myself a cpl greater dragons. Problem is I only want one. After a cpl days I gave up on the perfect one. Ive noticed most ppl are going for hp. The problem Im having is which one to release or give away. One has 1800 or so hp with average resists. The other has 1480 hp or something but has almost maxed out resists across the board. Which one would you keep? The high hp or the resists? I am leaning towards the resists myself.

D

Duncan O'Shay

Whats the point of HP if you can't withstand taking any damage?

I've always sacrificed a few HP's for better resists.

D

Duddley98

Yep, but the hp dif is alot, 300 or so. Think Ill just take them both out to see how each does vs same creatures. The resists are not horrible on the higher hp drag but not maxed out like the other.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

the resists outweigh hitpoints at any time in almost any form, unless you are really talking a max difference in hp here. If the thing is fighting something, you gotta think about the damage per second it will take. If its getting hit for 50 bysomething every 5 seconds and the other one is geting hit for 28, that adds up to several hundred hp in couple minutes. well you get the idea.

D

Duddley98

Thanks, yeah the high hp dragon didnt fare very well a few minutes ago. Also those numbers are wrong. For some reason I wrote down the numbers before tame. After loring them again its only about 150 hit points dif and its 704 to 845.

So really theres no comparison to the two as the resists on the 704 is 85,88,47 (A little low),58 and 75. A little crappy with the hp but I can always keep looking for a btter one.

F

frodofeet

Yeah I'd also got with the resists. I've personally been prioritising as follows: Resists, strength, then damage skills like wrestling/tactics, then HP.

Sarphus explains his findings well in this thread, which might help

HP or stats?

I

imported_Sarphus

I'd go for resists over HP.

don't forget str, though... str makes a very noticable impact on dmg.

G

clearly, the answer is both!!! =)

strength is good to have, but hard to set as first priority :/