• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Howdy Folks, an old thief returns to the fold....

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been away for 7 yrs or so, but the allure of UO, hit me last week and here I am.......again (pissed my wife off when I picked UO again, but now that I'm retired.....gotta have some fun during the day).

Been reading about stealing and I have a few questions if you don't mind. I've read till my eyes have bled and haven't been able to come up with the answers (I will be trying some stuff tomorrow myself, but why waste time and effort when there's a forum full of experience waiting to be tapped).

1. Bags/containers, can we or can't we use bags by themselves?
2. What if the bags/containers are not empty but hold items to get to the correct weight (stealing the entire bag of goodies)?
3. Anyone know if the stealing from a packie has been fixed?
4. And the big one, I'm running the enhanced client, and I've looked at the macro stuff (expanded alot from what it was), but does anyone have a macro that will work for stealing from a packie? Or is there one that is maybe broken down into 2 or 3 separate macros to make it work?

I'll say thank you in advance and here's hoping the guards had too much to drink last night and aren't paying close attention the next time a fat NPC walks by ya.

Mac