• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] How would you go about putting together the perfect suit of armor?

Shadrach

Visitor
Specifically for necromancy pvm?

What artifacts would you use?

What pieces would you craft and what stats would you shoot for?

I just got back into the game but in the past I spent hundreds of millions crafting a perfect sampire suit and got pretty close, i'd like to do it again for my necro mage.

Assume 500 million budget.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Depends on the full template whether you'd need skill items or not and how you play one.

I'd think about what I'm actually going to do with it and the gear would be worked out around that.

It should cover resist penalties for all forms, spells and curses I might be under the effect of which would mean 84/90/70/85/75 on a Human, to cover Protection, Corpse Skin and Wraith Form.

100 LRC, 40 LMC, and MR from 10-30.

Highest SDI possible while still reaching all essential levels, minimum of 15, but ideally over 50, SDI should really be one of the main priorities but as long as I get 15 I tend not to worry about it due to my current Necro having Inscription, and using the right combos I can do more than a non Necro with 100 SDI (actually tested).

45 DCI, 2/6 casting, 25 HPI.

All of the above can be met fairly easily with an Imbued suit.

Optional extras I might try to include would be Casting Focus, 18 HPR, 100 RPD if it's for PvP, I haven't yet bothered with damage eaters but if I were going to then I'd try to get Physical, Fire, Energy and all, I probably wouldn't bother with EP for PvM either but it wouldn't hurt if it was free. Mana Increase as well would be low on the list as I'd expect to be in Wraith Form the majority of the time.

I would get a set of Slayer Scrapper's Compendiums.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
My current Necro is:

120 Mage
120 Eval
100 Resist (120 from suit)
80 Med
100 Inscription
100 Necro
100 SS

The suit hasn't been updated since before Legendary artifacts/Casting Focus being available on non artifacts and was the max at the time, Inscription also gives 5.

70/80/70/75/75, 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 14 mr, 26 sdi, 47 dci, 2/6 casting, 9 casting focus, 25 hp, 19 int, 16 mana, 3 hpr, 1 sr, 140 luck, 20 mage, 20 resist.

Uses Crown Of Arcane Temperament, Protector Of The Battle Mage, Enchanted Kelp Woven Legs, Shadow Cloak Of Rejuevenation, Slither, Tangle, Conjurer's Garb, Lieutenant Sash, Detective Boots, Earrings Of Protection.

I don't consider any of them mandatory.

Also use the Town bonus for 5 SDI when I remember to, and carry a set of Slayer Scrappers.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Lord God's suggested artifacts are pretty much on the money. Some of the items are more expensive than others, so keep that in mind. Protector of Battle Mage and Enchanted Kelp Legs should be easy to find for cheap. The others are going to cost a bit higher in gold.

Make sure you have some decent jewels too. Do a vendor search for "arcane bracelet of sorcery" or "arcane ring of sorcery". Those are both common drops that you can find cheap on vendors and should have mods you're looking for like LRC, LMC, Intel & Mana bonus, SDI, Faster Casting, etc.

If you're on Atlantic, give me a shout on ICQ and I can help give you some decent starter gear.

Good luck!