• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Will Guild Wars 2 Ban People?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bunch of my guild mates were in vent tonight talking after a little GW1 content play. We were doing the usual chatter making fun of each other and one of the guild mates brought up about what would happen in Guild Wars 2 concerning bannings.

Well we all had no clue and discussed it. I and some others thought it be still the same as it is in GW1. Others thought ArenaNet may have a big surprise on how they do it in GW2. Truthfully, thats what we all hope that they already improved on a great feature.

This got me a thinking of how most games I have played GM's are a rare species now days. Now at first they had GM's in the games I have played and if you needed help or problem they be there. I was paying a subscription so that service was included.

There was a time in Warhammer Online after first initial release, I was playing Order on this server and was doing a quest. The gates shut behind my shadow warrior after I completed the quest. I couldn't get out. I paged a GM. He talks to me in the chat and asks why I am in there. I explain and he gets me out.

Now days you be lucky to get a GM to show up in Warhammer Online. Other games same issues basically. I was still paying a subscription but I had no longer GM support like I used to before. So to save money and headaches I learned not to pay and play for false promises.

ArenaNet GM's are and always still there. So in that department I know the Guild Wars 2 Player Nation will be safe. Plus I don't have to pay a subscription and I get GM service still.

So thinking what Guild Wars 2 and how ArenaNet has put so much effort into the game I would think they would have some cooler bannings effects with the GM when he shows up if they did change it.

Now for the ones that have never played GW1 and never seen or heard of how ArenaNet GM's ban (Dhuum) I went searching for some videos for you. I hope you enjoy them. :)

[youtube]lf5urf-QVzY&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

[youtube]usYzlP_9w_c&feature=related[/youtube]

B

Bella

Holy Crap!!! That is hilariously Awesome!!! I about fell out of my seat from laughter. Good one!! Makes me want to be naughty just to have it happen to me! lol

Bella