[Fencing] How viable will this be in PvP?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
N

Nalesean

110 Fencing
110 Resist
110 Bushido (100 real)
110 Parry (100 real)
110 Anatomy
100 Tactics
90 Healing

I know I'll never but a superstar, but can I survive enough to have fun?

M

Mr.Fernandes

Not really an expert warrior, but I would think youd at leat want 120 on your weapon skill.

C

Connor_Graham

You'd want 120 in wep skill for sure. With Resist, if you don't have 120, you may as well not have it at all. I'd also suggest you have 120 Parry. I'd suggest you drop Resist entirely and go 120 in Fencing, Bushido, Parry & Tactics. Put the rest into Chiv.

L

Larry

I'm curious aboiut the uses for Bushido in PvP...

Isn't confindence really the only useful skill?

N

Nalesean

You'd want 120 in wep skill for sure. With Resist, if you don't have 120, you may as well not have it at all. I'd also suggest you have 120 Parry. I'd suggest you drop Resist entirely and go 120 in Fencing, Bushido, Parry & Tactics. Put the rest into Chiv.
The problem for me is that I cant afford a 120 scroll, much less four of them.

And the guilds that get scrolls aren't likely to invite me to join

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
You should be able to have plenty of fun with your template as long as you don't mind plenty of dying. If u can try to get a 115 fencing scroll, they are cheap. Also get a 115 resist scroll or just drop resist and go for 65 chiv and fill in the rest.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
On the original template:

With 110 in all those skills, no, you won't be a superstar. Add a liberal dose of potions, and at least until the next patch, you can still do very well. You'll do better if you have a well coordinated group. Groups tend to limit the damage caused by the random number generator, but only if you communicate well within the group.

I'd go with ET and at least get 115. I have mostly 115's on my warriors (archer and samurai) and am getting better daily. I'm still no superstar, but I'm improving.

M

Mr.Fernandes

You suggest he drop resisting spells? For PvP? Really? Not that I'm complaining, mind you - we wizard sorts are happy for any free lunch we can lay claim to these days. Its much elss effective bellow 120 true, but the 5 points difference does NOT make it useless. Even if it never causes a single spell to fail outright, it will still substnailly reduce the duration (and I think, in a few cases, effectiveness) of some unpleasent debuffs and DoT effects.

AS for Bushido, its after my time. Evasion seems useful - I know it would annoy the hell out of me to have a 30-40% miss chance on my spells - but I don't know if it has some rediculous cost, or cooldown time, or something else that makes it terrible. Counterattack, or whatever the devil that stance is called seems like it might be of some use too, though probably not as much as confidence (I assume you can't run both of them at once, but tht may just be me picking up the D&D terminology of a "stance").

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
Evasion is very useful in PvP, when you see the mage cast his 2nd spell after his exp pop the evade and it is a pain in their ass.

Counter Attack is nice too when you're getting chased by a moving shot archer. Toggle it on and prep your disarm special. If you counter attack with a special prepped they get hit with said special.

You don't *need* 120 in all skills to PvP, but it sure helps. If you have the gold, definately 120 a weapon skill. I make my new dexers macers most of the time because the 120 scrolls are much cheaper, but a 120 fencing shouldn't be too bad.

IMHO, I wouldn't bother with resist on these templates. Just carry pots and a trapped box. If you can squeeze some med in do that, it will make their mana vamps (the only real pain in the ass) a waste of time.

G

GFY

I "tried" playing my swordsman at 110 and it was a very bad situation for me anyway. You have a hard time hitting and it gets old very quickly swinging and missing all the time. You really should try to upgrade to 115 before you start any serious pvping, it really does make a noticeable difference.

As far as resist goes you can get by without it but you really need to make allowances for spell effects. Carry trapped boxes to break paralyze, magic petals to counter poison, and magic apples to break curses are the big thing you'll need to carry.

Bushido on a fencer is very useful in pvp. You get evasion (use carefully because your limited) confidence (quick heal when needed) Lightning strike (for max HCI) and don't forget a 35-40% chance to block another players blow.

K

Kula

Meanwhile you can chug pots (keep a free hand!) and use bandies, making the bushido dexxer unkillable as long as you can keep your fingers moving.

A

Archon007

The problem for me is that I cant afford a 120 scroll, much less four of them.

And the guilds that get scrolls aren't likely to invite me to join
Well go 115 scrolls (they are not that expensive) and most important have 45 HCI that will make u the extra 5 points against all but the best maxed out suits you will fight against.

The other thing is gold is easy to come by, if you are not in a big guild that does spawns, make a stealther with a bag of sending and go loot the gold after they finish a spawn or make a necro mage and work the spawn up Pink scrolls sell for a lot and you can get other Power scrolls for just being in a dungeon even if someone comes and takes it from you.

I used to do that a lot I would work it up to the champion like despise then go hide in Destard and let the big guild kill it and I would get 120 scrolls. If you want gold you need to work at it.