• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to successfully report a Scripter?

G

There is this guy running a script to get bods.
I asked him ingame if he minds when i page on him.
Of course i didnt get an answer. Tried again some other days but then i gave up.

Now everytime i see him i page on him.

I always name 5 chars on (at leas) three accounts in my page.
I even can proof he is a scripter, if a GM just would watch when i call for help. (And by proof i dont mean some simple thing like "Look, he does not answer me")
Sometimes some of his chars just go poof like a GM took him away, but the next day they are all back again.

I really would like to get in touch with an official to give details on this case because the canned answers of a GM kill my interest in playing this game!

Im sure u all understand i wont give out any details about names, shard or location in the public.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I'm a big fan of paging on scripter/macroers, a BOD collector is a touchy one. Some people really do BOD run on the Up and Up. If you're trying to collect a lot of bods quick, you're not going to stay logged in long enough to talk to anyone.

G

<blockquote><hr>

...a BOD collector is a touchy one ...you're not going to stay logged in long enough to talk...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this quite well. Got Smith/Tailors on different accounts, and when im on just to get bods i dont listen to anybody ingame while running, taking and switching chars.

But as i said: My proof is not that he doesnt answer/talk.

Its kinda blocking his trail. But of course i know blocking (even with visible items?) is illegal.
So my proof is more difficult and more obvious at the same time.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are of course, scripter BOD runners that actually run Luna rails down the stairs. Those are pretty easy to recognize and i"m assuming that's what you're talking about. If its a script set up that way, you can probably block one character and hopefully prevent any other characters on that account from logging in. But nothing will stop the script from jumping to another account and grabbing more until you leave, or someone picks up whatever it is that you blocked with.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reported scripters before and they always come back in a couple of days. They must know all the right things to say.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today me and a friend encountered someone who was using multiple accounts to script mining (mind you, he had already amassed several million stones of goods) unattended.
We reported him. And EA Rep Vuldare messaged me saying he 'will review this account(s) and take action if warranted'. So I will keep checking the house, see if anything actually gets done.

Considering the fact that he just kept going for a while after my page I somewhat doubt it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

But as i said: My proof is not that he doesnt answer/talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

I even can proof he is a scripter, if a GM just would watch when i call for help. (And by proof i dont mean some simple thing like "Look, he does not answer me")

[/ QUOTE ]

might wanna watch your contradictions..

[/ QUOTE ]

What contradictions?
The OP states twice that the proof under consideration is something other than the fact that the suspected bots do not respond to communication.

-Skylark

K

Kratos Aurion

BAH

I guess I gotta be more careful. Read his own quote too fast. Sorry

F

Fayled Dhreams

Follow the instructions and move on.

only vary rarely ... even during "better" GM response tales ..
only vary rarely ... did they Poof! in a permaban ...

and, over the years ... fewer and fewer and ... pfft! can't remember the last ...
bothered to come to the forums to cry "unjustly bannzored".

due to the privacy policy ... EA ain't talking.
due to the *ahem* harsh treatment ... They ain't talking.

After following the instructions and moveing on ... IF they "disappear" ..
they could have been caught .. or
could have changed location ... or shard.

Follow the instructions and move on.
*shrugs*

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I wouldn't think scriptors would just go "poof" if they were caught. I would think GMs would follow the account for a while to see if it leads to bigger fish. I don't know what tools they have for monitoring these things but it makes sense not to be too hasty in nuking the offending account.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
best way is post to them that toon is disrupting your game play, secound is that hey this guy has more vine cords than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q

QuickBen

RE: Sometimes some of his chars just go poof like a GM took him away, but the next day they are all back again.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I collect bods from my bod mules. Log in. Get BOD. Log out. The character stays in the Smith Shop and will "poof" when it times out. My guild mates will do the same thing. The fun thing is we toss junk that we don't want for anyone to pick up.

That is probably happening with what you are seeing.

Question: What is it exactly is this scripter doing that shows a script is running?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no way!
say "thx" to jeremy, draconi,etc...!
its really hard to add some line of codes to detect scripting program...you know!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Question: What is it exactly is this scripter doing that shows a script is running?

[/ QUOTE ]

U might guess that i want to keep this things vague, because the script might be changed to avoid the things i did recognize.

But i just filled out the feedback form though i wasnt sure which category to choose. There is no "script-report" .. so i did choose "negative feedback".

R

Razeial

It's almost (legally) impossible for EA/Mythic to determine if somone is using a script or not. MOST times, it's determined through the absence of a real live player, but even then scripts can be coded to respond to a GM. The only way EA can definitely tel if somone is scripting, is to scan they're computer for 3rd party progs...which EA cannot legally do. Everyone gets mad at EA for allegedly, "not doing anything about scripters" when in reality, EA is done all that they can for detecting them. Its alot more complicated than meets the eye.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It's almost (legally) impossible for EA/Mythic to determine if somone is using a script or not. MOST times, it's determined through the absence of a real live player, but even then scripts can be coded to respond to a GM. The only way EA can definitely tel if somone is scripting, is to scan they're computer for 3rd party progs...which EA cannot legally do. Everyone gets mad at EA for allegedly, "not doing anything about scripters" when in reality, EA is done all that they can for detecting them. Its alot more complicated than meets the eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

is to scan they're computer for 3rd party progs...which EA cannot legally do
[TRUE]

EA is done all that they can for detecting them
[TOTALLY FALSE]

they dont need to scan "your computer", they have to scan only the memory for
"well know 3rd party progs"!

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It's almost (legally) impossible for EA/Mythic to determine if somone is using a script or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's totally wrong.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It's almost (legally) impossible for EA/Mythic to determine if somone is using a script or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's totally wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely, Blizzard bans accounts all the time for unattended game play.

I

imported_Sarphus

I think BoD collecting should be made illegal.

joking...

Actually, the kind of cheating that bothers me is the use of programs to change the way the game client performs. Don't get me wrong. I don't like that people are using scripts to effectively destroy the game economy, but I just am more annoyed by people using MI hacks and the like.

Cheaters are simply not punished anywhere near as much as they need to be. That's why you have people running around using blatant hacks. They know they won't get in trouble.

G

The answer to how to report scripters is really dont bother. EA is not serious about getting rid of them. Ive paged before and been told not to bother them.