• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to started again ?

C

Coldfeet77

Hi I started uo in 2000 and want to start playing again hi have activated my old account and am installing blackthorns revenge can I download the lastest expansions for anywhere or do I need to buy them?

Anything I should Know?

TIA

Kathryn

B

Birdseye

Go to the UO.com site, and download the latest KR client, or buy/upgrade to Samuri or Mondains Legacy, to really take advantage of the new items skills etc..

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello and welcome back!

You can download the latest client here: http://www.uo.com/uoml/newplayer.shtml (official EA/UO site).
If you just want to mess around you could consider just getting a free 14 day trial. If you want to try the 'new' Kingdom Reborn client (somewhat controversial, but it's fun!) you can check this site out: http://www.uoherald.com/kingdomreborn/.

If you want to upgrade your account to ML (which you will need if you want access all the new lands) you can buy the upgrade code online here: www.uogamecodes.com (official EA/UO site).

UO has a changed a lot since 2000. Welcome to Lower Reagent Cost suits, artifacts, neon hair, peerless, Doom, Elves and so on. It might take a month for you to get adjusted again ;).

If you need any help, be it tips or some items, feel free to PM me or post here :).

C

Coldfeet77

Hi thanks for the help I have downloaded KR just got it up and running now feel rather sad. I was stood outside what used to be my home.
I have a GM Tamer and Fencer I couldn't even remember how to get to a town lol. Worked out how to teleport to brit bank and it was all empty has everyone left?
I am going to make a new character and start again before I even try to play my old Characters.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Also, welcome back!! :grouphug:

We want to encourage you to try to put the disappointment aside and try to enjoy the "new player experience", as it's almost as a new game for you with all the changes and additions. There's a huge world waiting to be explored and Europe community has plenty of friendly people who'd like to help along the way.

Brit bank empty... what time did you visit it? It sure is no way near as crowded as in the days of old, but empty really requires off hours in our experience. Europe is definitely not empty, just about the right amount of population we'd say as unlike Atlantic, you do have a chance at more than a small marble but we are far from a largely deserted shard like Drachenfels. (Sorry if we step on any Drachenfels toes, we play there as well and were surprised at the many options for Large Towers there. No intention to diss DF.)

C

Coldfeet77

Hi me again think i will here alot asking questions. Good news is my husband has now downloaded KR so we shall be playing together something we couldn't do in the days of dial up. We stopped playing uo about 5 years ago.We have tried lots of other games but none even start compare to the fun we had on UO.

Could anyone tell me where the good vendor shops are for armour sets all mine were lost with the house.

Thanks for the help so far it would be far to daunting without some help.

Kathryn

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi me again think i will here alot asking questions. Good news is my husband has now downloaded KR so we shall be playing together something we couldn't do in the days of dial up. We stopped playing uo about 5 years ago.We have tried lots of other games but none even start compare to the fun we had on UO.

Could anyone tell me where the good vendor shops are for armour sets all mine were lost with the house.

Thanks for the help so far it would be far to daunting without some help.

Kathryn
For shopping there is 2 places fitst is Luna all around the square loads of shops and then there is bluewolfs which you can pick up a gate at brit bank to