• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to play UO in multi-monitors mode ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read a few times, of players playing UO over several Monitors.

Since it is my understanding that multi-monitors game play needs to be supported by the game, being UO quite an old game, I wonder, does it support multi-monitors game play ?

If not, how can one set it up so as to be playing UO with more than 1 monitor ?

I doubt that it is just about plugging more that one monitor to the back of the video card(s), they would all display the same one image and area, I would guess. The goal is to have monitors display different areas of the game though in close proximity with each other so as to enlarge considerably the viewed area of the game.

Thanks for the help !

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on cc... you just get a whole lot of black screen.

game window stays the same

i just have it up on one screen and uoam or cart on another..

and then of course all of my hacks and mods on the third .. haha just kidding on the last! that's for stratics !!

Reactions: S_S

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a couple of clients open at the same time and have each one on a separate monitor. I don't think its possible to have one client open and drag various parts onto different screens though if that's what you mean.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can in the EC.. set up your monitors for extended view.. then you can have the play screen on one monitor and your backpack.. paperdolls .. etc on the other

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run a laptop with an extra big monitor attached. I run EC on both screens sometimes but since they are not the same size, it can cause some adjustment errors. Just resize/drag the edge and you'll see. You'll need to adjust things a bunch. For just one classic which is my preferred over EC, I put CC on the one directly in front if me and to the left I put UOAM. I It's rare if I run two UO's for crafting or moving stuff, or rezzing myself in a tough spot, I put one on each screen.

Dixie of Chesapeake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so is it perfectly legal to be on more than one uo account at one time? like to have them minied at bottom of ur screen and flip back and forth between them? id love to have a Dev answer that for me

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's interesting, particularly the Gaming Evolved Client section... is there something similar but for Geforce video users or is Radeon just better when it comes to gaming ?
Thanks.
You'd have to look. I bought an AMD 6970 video card a few years ago and learned of it that way. I don't know if Nvidia offers anything similar.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
so is it perfectly legal to be on more than one uo account at one time? like to have them minied at bottom of ur screen and flip back and forth between them? id love to have a Dev answer that for me
As I understand it, multi-clienting (running multiple clients at the same time, toggling back and forth to control them individually) is ok. Multi-boxing (running multiple clients in a way that allows one keyboard/mouse use to control them all simultaneously without toggling back and forth) is illegal.