• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to phrase GM pages?

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
E

Eyes of Origin

I see people over and over again say that when you page on someone, the way you phrase your page, helps decide if they GM's do anything or dont do anything. And how to phrase it to get a faster response.

So how do you know how to phrase something to get the correct reaction from a GM?
Examples...

When you page because of someone's name or guild tag either being offensive or against the ToS or both?

When someone is quite obviously using a 3rd party program or multiboxing?

When you have followed all the steps to avoid harrassment and are still being harrassed?

When you have an issue with stuff falling under a house and you cant get it?

etc things of that sort.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You guys are such trolls, it's clearly insulting their personal hygiene and appearance that best gets their attention.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see people over and over again say that when you page on someone, the way you phrase your page, helps decide if they GM's do anything or dont do anything. And how to phrase it to get a faster response.

So how do you know how to phrase something to get the correct reaction from a GM?
Examples...

When you page because of someone's name or guild tag either being offensive or against the ToS or both?

When someone is quite obviously using a 3rd party program or multiboxing?

When you have followed all the steps to avoid harrassment and are still being harrassed?

When you have an issue with stuff falling under a house and you cant get it?

etc things of that sort.
I always got fast responses whenever I paged.

A few examples:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big problem I seem to always has is, Accepting houses on new accounts that vet reward banners etc placed, You cannot remove them unless your old enough and even being a co owner doesn't work. These are a couple petitions I've paged in 2009-2011, All 3 were responded by and my problem fixed.

Hi, I have a 4th year vet reward in my house but I cannot redeed it as the owner account is not old enough, it says I am not old enough to use this item, the co owners also cannot redeed it as only the owner of the house can.
I recently took control of a house but there are banners on it that I cannot remove as it says im not old enough, Can you redeed them for me please?
I have a vet reward banner in my house I cannot redeed because my account is not old enough to use it. Can you redeed the banner for me? Thanks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Avoid 'buzz words' like 'lost'.
explain the problem clearly
Tell them what you've done to fix it yourself.

Eg. My character shows negative physical resist when naked. I have tried cycling the relevant buff spells, they lower the resist still further. Can you please help?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Avoiding the buzz words is a big one. If the word "lost" or "broken" appears anywhere in a page, odds are you'll get a canned response... even if it's something they can help with.

Unfortunately, I don't know any more of those key words than that.

They also seem to favor creatively worded requests (i.e. what Chad posted)

F

Fayled Dhreams

good question ...

For the GM in the recent video ( @ 0:20 & 11:20 ) ...

He's got three years experience ... HE should be able to inform.
and update the knowledge base accordingly. (where a lot of pages are sent/referred)

Just saying ...
"A list" would be rather large to cover a wide enough range to be useful
"a format" is already present in the system (see chad's photo for format)

"Abuse" ((harassment) ) is (yet again / still) on a "wait for future attentions / actions"
(New tool :talktothehand: >they< named it )

Bear in mind a GMs responsibilities and duties

:scholar: I would humbly >suggest< that they (the GM staff) incorporate a system to be notified that a "server is down" and that they "could perhaps" light a fire underneath the server farm lords/hamster wranglers ...
See: Oceania ... (faults in notifying and acknowledgement of receipt)

B

Bill Gates OSD

Find a good link to a Swahili translator online then copy and paste. ;)

T

TitusPullo

Put in a bunch of help request trigger words. Example: Player scripting multiple accounts every day same script does same thing 24/7 definitely scripting destroying economy selling gold.

Seriously. It works. Every time I reported someone using a ton of trigger words action was taken.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Problem
2) Resolution
3) As Per "policy or developer or Mesanna" on DATE (where is this checked)

I find this formula is fool proof.