• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to organize stuff in your house

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....... or you can use Dev's method and simply open another account ;)

Hawkeye, I applaud you ~ no matter how many times I make the attempt to unclutter it fails ~~ that looks so easy, perhaps I'll try again

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice guide! You are incredibly organized. I'm about halfway organized, but I tend to accumulate more junk than the average person. It's a continual process for me to root out stuff I need to dump. And being a vendor owner, almost everything I have that I don't need is saleable.

For example, I haven't gone fishing in years but I sell pillow, nets, MIBs and paintings. I accumulate a lot of these items from house falls, and end up having to store quite a bit to tide me over during dry times (so I can remain stocked in this stuff even if I haven't looted anything fishy in a while). The same goes for pretty much any item where acquiring it on my own would take more time than it's worth (like digging up sand for my glassware vendor or filling regular spellbooks for my mage vendor).

So I do the best I can, I think.

I should do a bit more labeling - I don't move too often but when I do I will tend to jumble things up a bit, and where I would have previously relied on remembering where something was I end up having to dig around for a while till I get used to the new layout. Heck, just engraving chests with "1, 2, 3" etc would probably help me figure out how to stack them so I can maintain order. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am super bad...

I have a house that I call "home base".... this is where I keep all supplies relating to "everyday life" Regs, food, potions, bandages (some), bolts, arrows, scrolls, anything I might need for a character like Power Scrolls, Alacrity scrolls, transcendence scrolls, and such... I have about 8 accounts so each account has it's own chest and inside each chest is a bag labeled with each name of each character on that account.... This is where they keep their "personal" items...

Then the house has 4 chests I like to call... Drop boxes.... These are where I dump stuff whenever I've gone hunting, shopping, or to an IDOC... I try to clean these out once a week or so and put the stuff away.

Then I have a house dedicated to armor and jewelery.... this house is filled with all sorts of armor and jewels sorted into groups... all the leggings, hats, gorgets each have a box then those are sorted into things like Luck armor, LRC armor and "resist" armor... I have about 6 chests for "artifact" armor... and the jewelery is sorted by type, LRC, Mage, Skill, Luck, HCI DCI and DI are all in separate chests and each type is further divided into Rings/Bracelets...

I have a house I use just for weapons, Each category of weapon has 4 separate chests... Maces, Swords, Fencing, and Archery each have 4 chests, they would be heavy hitters, Slayers, Use best weapon skill, and Spell channeling. I also have chests for "artifacts" and Mini arties. As well I keep all my musical supplies there too...

I have a house just for plants.... where I sort them by color.... I have a house for deco stuff, and a house for Crafting... And then a place where I keep mostly just all the "gift" junk that I have. Valentines to X-mas...

It's bad and I always say if anyone ever saw all my crap they'd probably faint. I guess I'm what's considered a horder. I have trouble parting with things... I outfit I don't know how many newbs all the time... from weapons to armor... sometimes I even throw in the "bonus" arti... or mini arty... I can't help it I love helping people. I also do a bunch of designs for people and sometimes hire myself out as a decorator, which I truly enjoy. So I guess I don't like to part with anything because I'm always afraid that the moment I do I'll have a need for it.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I guess I don't like to part with anything because I'm always afraid that the moment I do I'll have a need for it.
That's a big reason why I keep so much stuff too. It would be terrible to get a flash of a great idea and realize I need 20 snowflakes for it to work, but threw all my old xmas stuff out. :p

F

Fink

Hawkeye, we're of the same ilk in regard to organising & storing stuff. That's pretty much my plan right there. A few minor differences but that's more or less how I keep sane and keep track of what I have & where I've put it. I also put discreet containers into the deco near my vendors and restock from there.

The only way I've deviated from this is I currently have items stashed for Imbuing/Unraveling once Stygian Abyss comes out. I'll need them for training so I expect to burn through 99% of them. Even with 3000+ items stored for this purpose I'm still organised, my homes are fully decorated, and I have plenty of spare storage.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your house organization is very impressive! And you have the best treasure room deco I have ever seen. :)

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, such organization! I've done something slightly less intensive to my home, but I haven't totally finished organizing after my last bunch of IDOC runs. At least each of my characters has their own small box for storage (weapons, armor sets or pieces they might use - I do need to sort through some of those!, jewelry, spellbooks) plus the crafter/resource gatherers have storage in their deco'd areas (for example, I tucked a cleverly dyed wooden box into the corner of my tailor's loom, and stacked a few chests next to my blacksmith's forge) for resources and regs.

A lot of my storage is given over to deco, plants and seeds right now; half of it was "rescued" from IDOCs (surprisingly, no one else wanted bags of seeds! :p) Some of the seeds aren't labeled and I've been working on growing them, sorting the useful ones and tossing any that I don't need, but it's taking a while. I planned on having a really well stocked plant/garden vendor but I'm rather far behind on growing and stocking at this point... le sigh.

S

Stupid Miner

I am super bad...

Then I have a house dedicated to armor and jewelery.... this house is filled with all sorts of armor and jewels sorted into groups... all the leggings, hats, gorgets each have a box then those are sorted into things like Luck armor, LRC armor and "resist" armor... I have about 6 chests for "artifact" armor... and the jewelery is sorted by type, LRC, Mage, Skill, Luck, HCI DCI and DI are all in separate chests and each type is further divided into Rings/Bracelets...

I have a house I use just for weapons, Each category of weapon has 4 separate chests... Maces, Swords, Fencing, and Archery each have 4 chests, they would be heavy hitters, Slayers, Use best weapon skill, and Spell channeling. I also have chests for "artifacts" and Mini arties. As well I keep all my musical supplies there too...
You shall be the Queen of Unraveling when SA comes out. :thumbsup:
(... if you can work up the courage to unravel them, heh.)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below is a list of the chests our guild uses to keep ourselves organized in a shared house or keep (no castles so far). Many chests have additional containers inside to help with keeping things organized.

• Alchemy & Inscription Supplies & Crafted Items
  • Cooking Supplies & Ingredients; Apples; Grapes; Paint
  • Talisman, Recipes, Peerless Ingredients, Quest Items, Skulls
  • Crafting Supplies (Carpenter, Fletcher, Smith, Tailor, Tinker)
  • Mining Supplies; Blow Pipes; Mallets; Other Tools
  • Potions and Smoke Bombs
  • Trapped Boxes
  • Silver and Faction Trap Deeds
  • Power & Stat Scrolls; Scrolls of Transcendence
  • Tailor BODs
  • Blacksmith BODs
  • Blacksmith Repair Deeds
  • Tailor Repair Deeds
  • Fletching Repair Deeds
  • Carpenter & Tinker Repair Deeds
  • Special Clothing (This is for arcane clothing, crafted studded and high physical armor for training.)
  • Metal and Wood Armor, Weapons, & Shields To Enhance
  • Leather Armor to Enhance
  • LRC Armor
  • Leather Resist Armor
  • Metal & Wood Resist Armor & Resist Hats
  • High Luck Armor, Weapons & Jewelry
  • Shields
  • LRC Jewelry
  • Resist Jewelry
  • FC/FCR Jewelry
  • Bard/Tamer/Mage/Rogue Jewelry
  • Warrior Jewelry
  • Miscellaneous Jewelry (Stats, HCI, DCI, LMC, etc.)
  • Bows
  • Macing Weapons
  • Swords/Axes
  • Fencing Weapons
  • UBWS Weapons
  • Miscellaneous Weapons (Shurikens, Darts, Bolas, Etc.)
  • 100% Neon Weapons
  • Musical Instruments
  • Gardening Supplies
  • Mature Non-Deco Plants
  • Lockpick Training Boxes (20 boxes each made at 50, 60, 75, 85, 100 tinkering)
  • Detect Hidden Training Boxes (Same as above but trapped. Don't always have room for these.)
  • T-Maps

Everyone also has four (or more) chests in their own special color and corner of the house for organizing their own belongings. The main part of the first or second floor is always an area for training and working on crafting (forge, anvil, trash barrel, elven stove, water trough, loom, and spinning wheel). We also always have a rune library close to the entrance that varies in size based on how ambitious people are about filling up the books. There's also always a set of dye tubs stacked on small tables with a container nearby with dye in it. The roof has an area for gardening, as well as a tree, benches to sit on, some Fountains of Life, Rose of Trinsic, and a water trough or two. We also usually have one or two areas in the house (usually one with a fireplace and music box) where you can just hang out and be out of the way of traffic or sit and have a conversation with someone. There's always an arcane circle on the floor somewhere in the house, usually close to the rune library.

S

Sweety

I have about 10 chests organized similar to yours, Pike... the rest i shoved into a corner (moving crate)