• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to name runes

P

portcontrol7

Just started a mage char and was curious how you name the recall runes you mark.

Thanks.

K

Kiwillian

Double click the rune when it is not in your runebook (in KR at least, I assume it's the same in 2D).

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that's exactly the way it works in 2D too.

You don't even get a message or a gump. Just type in the new name and then press enter. Then you should get: "The etching on the rune has been changed."

T

Tazar

One catch though... if it is a house rune (meaning it was marked while standing inside of a house) then it is automatically named with the house name and I believe it can not be renamed.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One catch though... if it is a house rune (meaning it was marked while standing inside of a house) then it is automatically named with the house name and I believe it can not be renamed.
100% correct.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

WOW - I never knew you could mark a rune while inside a house. Is this a recent change (past few years) or am I that big of a dolt? (be kind) :D

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
WOW - I never knew you could mark a rune while inside a house. Is this a recent change (past few years) or am I that big of a dolt? (be kind) :D
yes you can mark them in your house and it defaults it to under house sign and auto gives rune the house name

T

Tazar

It's been a rune/housing rule for as long as I can remember... (Pre Custom Housing at least). But do not worry about what you never knew! There is too much here for anyone to ever learn it all... Just absorb all you can! :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The "House rune" permanent name marking part came about around the launch of Samurai Empire - but one could mark runes in houses prior to then, and the runes take you to the house sign, in either case. You USED to be able to mark in castle courtyards, but this was removed after people used it in Fel as a grief method.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahhh - Okay I was reading into the post as if you could now mark a rune for inside your house and that seemed cool and scary at the same time. This is still good info to know... thanks for the clarification.