How to moth-ball my account?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
I will be moving across country in the next couple weeks and won't have internet for 3-4 weeks time. I am paid up until September, but want to cover my bases in case I can't reconnect right away. Hopefully things will go okay, but I like to be prepared.

Other than storing soul stones and artifacts in the bank, what else should I do to prepare for a long-term down time?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
That sounds good. And any other rares you might have stored. Your house SHOULD be ok, though - I believe they go IDOC after 3 months?

In the worst case scenario (can't connect for longer than that), do you have any friends who could log in to your account just to maintain your house(s) for you?

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
The extra game time is a good idea G.v.P but if I can't connect in another month, it's probably not ever going to happen. I haven't given out my account details to anyone, and won't... just look at the other threads where people are crying because they can't get back an account they gave away. No thanks! LOL

*scratches head* What rares do I have to worry about storing in the bank??

If something happens that I can't reconnect, I'll arrange for a public IDOC party as a going away gift. It's a loaded keep in Felucca, so should be fun.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake
I unfortunately wouldn't be the best judge, but some rares are such so they will get reset or changed while in a bank. I guess one mistake I happened to make which I can verify is the old Brit Sewer rat coins, which were all treated as gold currency while in a bank and would be spent as gold regardless of appearing as a uniquely different currency/item.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 23, 2008
You're paid through September so don't worry about it. I didn't have internet for 4-ish months and came back with no problems. As long as your credit card doesn't expire you'll be fine. But as someone else said it takes 3 months for your house to fall after non-payment.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Check around your home, you may have some high value items forgotten in secures or locked down in out of the way places, just unlock them and put them in bank....

By the way, if you are short of storage in bank boxes, you can load blue beetles and log off while riding them, they will hold your stuff. This is NOT possible with stables !!! Only with blue beetles that you log off WHILE RIDING THEM ! And log off either in your home or at an Inn so that, just in case their loyalty is low, they do not go wild before the logging off actually times out.........

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
I unfortunately wouldn't be the best judge, but some rares are such so they will get reset or changed while in a bank. I guess one mistake I happened to make which I can verify is the old Brit Sewer rat coins, which were all treated as gold currency while in a bank and would be spent as gold regardless of appearing as a uniquely different currency/item.
Tell me, I had 2 full sets of the old house deeds, and they converted into house placing tools.... all of them.....
I still keep the useless house placing tools to remind me of my foolishness......

I lost all of the gold spent to buy them.....

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake
Tell me, I had 2 full sets of the old house deeds, and they converted into house placing tools.... all of them.....
I still keep the useless house placing tools to remind me of my foolishness......

ouch :(

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Europa/Siege Perilous
Why wouldn´t you be able to reconnect in your new home? Have you checked to see if there´s any internet available there?
If there is I don´t see why you wouldn´t be able to reconnect within 6 months.

Anyway, hope it all works out for you.

Reactions: Troop

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
u get 90 days ...after your account goes unpaid....simply no excuse ....thats why its 90 days....some crazy bafoons want this reducing to 30 days or less.... yes they are bafoons!!!!!!..good luck ....

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Why wouldn´t you be able to reconnect in your new home? Have you checked to see if there´s any internet available there?
If there is I don´t see why you wouldn´t be able to reconnect within 6 months.

Anyway, hope it all works out for you.
I can connect, and there is internet already available that is broadcast from mountaintop about 12 miles away. Not sure of the pings yet.

But that isn't the issue - it's the move and real life time. The house I bought is a HUD repo - and needs to be gutted and rebuilt inside and out. I love visioning these things and building that vision. This will be my fourth home project, two houses starting from a dirt hole in the ground, and I swore I'd never do that again. Silly me.

Reactions: Gidge

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 9, 2009
Yew Gate on LS, Atl, Chessy, & GL likely in a
Any old House deeds or Tent Deeds, like "A Deed to a Castle", if you leave them in your bank, back pack, or even in a pack animal when you log out, once you log back in, the deed turns into "a House Placement Tool". These items cannot be transferred to or from other shards for that reason, they haven't been obtainable since pre-AoS.

Could be quite a frustrating loss.

Reactions: Ludes

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008

Ok.. that is definetly in the realm of suck.....

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Colorado Springs, CO
CovenantX and G.v.P have the trick.. nuttin I can add to their advice here. just pay it up and be careful what you bank as far as really old rares and such..

Luckily you don't have to "refresh" your house anymore it'll be safe as long as your account is paid up every 89 days..

Last edited:
Reactions: Gidge

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
Grandfathered houses shouldn't need to be auto-refreshed, I think not since AoS and one-account-one-house.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
When i came back after years and years all my accounts were stripped clean, bank and all. The only account that still had all my stuff was on SP. Weird eh? My guys had what they were wearing on my other accounts and that was it. Just a little side note :p

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010
When i came back after years and years all my accounts were stripped clean, bank and all. The only account that still had all my stuff was on SP. Weird eh? My guys had what they were wearing on my other accounts and that was it. Just a little side note :p
Nobody had access to your account? Lots of people have returned after years to find their bankboxes still intact.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 19, 2010
Looking for a Healer

IIRC when you double click those placement tools that were created from deeds, the gold for the original deed gets placed in your bank. i remember getting that message from the Castle deed i had that turned into one.