• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to make cash?

K

kantoska

So I come back after a two year break and find its got wayyy harder to make cash. Apparently swoop got a huge buff, blood eles loot tables got a huge slash, miasma seemed beefed. Havent tried doom yet, but I cant think of anything else. Advice?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try Fan Dancers at the Dojo, Troglodytes at Painted Caves or perhaps Tsuki Wolves in Tokuno...

Decent money makers. :)

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do Lady Mel and get a glacial hair dye.. 15m
Do lesser hiryu easy kill, ABC archer can nearly 1 hit kill it 1k+ gold a pop.
Do any named peerless mobs excluding swoops, crimson cincture... 18m
Purchase with cash.
Scam people.

and so on...

LoL just kidding, but lesser hiryu makes great money maker, and only has like 10 cold resist.......

J

jelinidas

just stealth around champ spawn sites. Quite active now, and nobody takes the gold. Pretty much easy coin.

K

kantoska

I tried some of the suggested places and they worked pretty good for gold, but i keep getting crap for loot. Any advice for good loot places?

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try crafting. Plain old spined runic sewing kit makes good items now that they bumped the cap to 100% on each property. Buy a spined kit, put on a tailor talisman, and make exceptional items using horned leather. Works even for a non-GM tailor.

S

Stupid Miner

So I come back after a two year break and find its got wayyy harder to make cash. Apparently swoop got a huge buff, blood eles loot tables got a huge slash, miasma seemed beefed. Havent tried doom yet, but I cant think of anything else. Advice?
The worst way to make a good amount of gold would be to hunt any type of monster for gold. You want to hunt boss monsters for the special items they drop that sell for ridiculous prices. Currently, Tokuno and Ilshennar champ spawns would be a good idea, and peerless are always good if you have a group.

M

Maggie

If you craft items and havent played in two years make sure your arms lore is gm cause it is useful now.

K

kantoska

What do the champ spawns have now? and what does arms lore do. Thanks

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The worst way to make a good amount of gold would be to hunt any type of monster for gold. You want to hunt boss monsters for the special items they drop that sell for ridiculous prices. Currently, Tokuno and Ilshennar champ spawns would be a good idea, and peerless are always good if you have a group.
I have to say I disagree. If you are on your own and such, then that is IMPOSSIBLE.

As an above poster said, the lesser hiryus. There are other like mobs that drop 1k a good or so each AND...you can have a rune burned RIGHT to a spawn point.

What this means is with descent STR, you can collect 15k recall and then go back in.

Back in the days where a bag of sending was worth using, I could clean house and EASILY make 300k in a short amount of time.

Nowadays...SAME thing. A little more work sure, but no time taken away from me using the above stated method.

NOW...if you don't like those choices, then do some RESEARCH. There are PLENTY of mobs to kill using the right slayer that give GOOD gold AND sometimes loot as well.

It is not difficult NOR was it ever.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Additionally, I have to add...EVEN if you are in a large guild, the peerless drops ARE quite RANDOM.

You can possibly do a 100 runs or so and never see a crimson cinture or other named artifact.

YOU could make a sampire as they are called but you will need to be descently setup to even have a shot at soloing above said-named mobs.

I will restate it though, hunting is the most hassle-free, easiest, fastest, and most tangible for a new player. You won't be stocking a vendor with tons of goodies without gold.

You can sell your goods to other players but the most tangible and easiest to hawk goods are ML ingredients and other ML related stuff.

Jewelry, weapons and other goods are all arbitrary and whether another person will be willing to pay for what you have, as well as CHANCE. e.g. the Other player who needs it has to be in the same place you are...trying to sell it.

To the OP...hope that helps.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 easy ways maKE gold...

first been mentioned ,,,do any champ spawn.. 30% chance of a new replica drop on ya own and 3% drop with 10 peeps...and random chance of a nice sot!!!not that good but u can rack easy 20k plus at end in gold nps..each one!!

Second and by far the best method is obvoius but aint been mentioned Idocing!!..plain and simple its the luck of the draw but everything is free!

L

Lord Drakelord

ah peaked your interest eh?

When the servers reset vendors, buy uncooked birds from a butcher. Then go to a tavern, buy a rolling pin, and get near the oven and make a cooked bird. Then sell the cooked birds to the tavernkeeper.

The uncooked birds start at a cost of 3, then every 1k u buy makes them go up 1 gp each. The first cooked birds that u sell will sell for 16 gold, and every 1k u sell drives the price down 1 gp.

So if u buy 5k of them it averages 5 each so thats 25k gold. You sell those 5k and make an avg of 16 each means sales of 70k. Profit is 45k, takes me about 14 min to do it on KD with zero cooking skill.

Now take away the ones u lose while failing (avg of 4 birds per 250 or whatever u can hold at 20% chance to make them) and maybe 10 gold for the rolling pin(s) and u end up with about 44,300 profit (conservatively).

So multiply this x how many butchers are ingame and u can see that a newbie char with no skill can do this to get gold, an established char with lots of strength and nothing in their pack can come out better with fewer losses as they can cook maybe 400 at a time.

Yeah I know its not real exciting, and it happens only every so often, but u can also do this to a slightly lesser extent with leg of lamb and other items if I recall.

WARNING ... if u hand uncooked birds or cooked birds to a packy that likes them, they will literally eat your profits. So open the packy and then drop the items in that pack.

I posted this because awhile back a new player was whining about not being able to make fast money. I told them a newbie can chop wood and make bows and sell them in moonglow and make 20-30k an hr if they took the time.

This adds up to a lot more, especially if u have a packy or 5 to use to help.

Just passing along an idea for some folks to make money in a way they probably never thought of before.

And remember this happens when the vendors rest the items they are selling where u can buy 500 at a time (those resources are affected by 1k increments of sales and purchases from the vendors.
something a friend posted at our guild forum