• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to make a trial account a regular account? RESOLVED

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I started a trial account today and bought and applied a game code on the Account Management page. I thought that would convert the trial account to a regular account. Instead the trial account continues for two weeks and then the game code kicks in, so of course I can't build a house.
See the image below. This is not what I wanted to happen.
Am I stuck? Is there any way to convert this trial account into a regular account without waiting two weeks?
EDIT: In the past, I used the "subscribe" option with a credit card to upgrade the account and didn't have this problem. The account upgraded immediately. Looks like this is a problem with using a game code. I don't see any way to fix it without going through customer service.
EDIT 2: OK, I just sent a request to customer service. Let's see if they help me before the two weeks runs out on its own.

account.jpg

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think you can cut off the 14day trial thing, I'm pretty sure you need to wait the 2 weeks before the account isn't restricted anymore.

I could be wrong though, it's been sooo long since I've opened a "new" account.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I also didn't see a way to open a new account without it being a trial account. Is that really the case?
This hasn't been a problem before when I upgraded a trial account by "subscribing" with a credit card but it's apparently a problem when using a game code.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good irl friend of mine just built his first dedicated gaming computer. I convinced him to try UO by saying
"I'll even set up a trial account for ya bro, you wont have to do a thing. Just give the game a look & try it out."

Hopefully he doesn't come here and realize how our account management loves to grief players.;)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A dedicated gaming computer running UO?
I would think he's hungering for something that will max his specs, like Witcher 3 on ultimate.
Anyway, let us know what he thinks

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A dedicated gaming computer running UO?
I would think he's hungering for something that will max his specs, like Witcher 3 on ultimate.
Anyway, let us know what he thinks
He was looking at Black Desert and wanted me to try it with him. Said it looked to complicated & needed a 'real gamer' friend to fall back on. :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Try to use a powerscroll in game or something like that to see if that account is still behaving like a trial one.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try to use a powerscroll in game or something like that to see if that account is still behaving like a trial one.
I tried to place a house after applying the game code and got the message that trial accounts can't place houses. For me, a bother, but if it's not solved, I can play on other accounts and place a house on that account in two weeks.
But imagine a new player starting a trial account and wanting to place a house, applying a game code and learning he or she has to wait two weeks. Another player lost. Or even a veteran player who needs to place another house immediately and did what I did and learns it didn't work.
As I said, I don't want to rant about the account and billing system, because we all know it's screwed up
I don't see why a person can't start a new additional account as a regular account in the first place without going through this trial account BS. If that option is possible, I didn't see it. Maybe some of you who are always starting new accounts to place more houses can tell me if I missed something.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Response from Customer Support, no surprise here
"Unfortunately, your request cannot be fulfilled as that is not a service that we provide. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused."
EDIT: I got home from work and tried to place a house and it worked. I still have time left on the trial account before the 30 days for the game code starts, according to the subscription page, but it's now functioning as a regular account. Was it the server reset? Can't say, but for the record, it's fixed.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Response from Customer Support, no surprise here
"Unfortunately, your request cannot be fulfilled as that is not a service that we provide. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused."
EDIT: I got home from work and tried to place a house and it worked. I still have time left on the trial account before the 30 days for the game code starts, according to the subscription page, but it's now functioning as a regular account. Was it the server reset? Can't say, but for the record, it's fixed.
Nice to hear.