How to kill Cora??

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 7, 2008
Legends
Does anyone have some good tactics to kill Cora? My friend and I tried for hours the other night. I had my sampire and my mage on my other account there, and he had his mystic there. It was sort of working with the mage and the mystic staying out of range and healing my sampire, but with no mana, she wasen't doing much damage and it was going very slowly. As soon as either mages tried to attack or summon anything, we got sucked to her repeatedly and quickly died. So does anyone have and good tactics for killing her ?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 10, 2010
Napa Valley
Sampire doing damage with a bard/mage running a bard song, discording Cora and occasionally healing the sampire as needed... takes maybe 20 minutes or so. Dont forget to honor her with the sampire... very important!

With the bard song, honor, EoO and CW I usually am hitting for 70-85 per swing with a war axe.

Reactions: Nyses

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
Cora is pretty much designed to be as little fun as possible, as far as I can tell.

Reactions: Anvira

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 10, 2010
Napa Valley
IMO Cora was designed with the idea of giving healers a boss they could get a drop from. Unfortunately, although the idea was nice, the execution was horrible. By coding her to release additional breath attacks per the number of players in her attack area the borked her. One breath attack per player in her zone doing 60 damage per attack would have been plenty... it would have encouraged at least one healer per attacker. But with her current attack it pretty much means only one attacker.... and how many healers does one attacker really need? Just one.

So rather than promoting group play with multiple attackers each with a designated healer, which IMO would have made for great guild outings, they have resigned her to a two character experiance(often times played by the same person). A HUGE missed opporunity if you ask me.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Have the tank stand on top of Cora.
Have the healers stand at max range to target heal.
Once Cora gets low, have the tank continuously double click on Cora's bar to keep her from moving.
If the other players are willing to time it right, you can run in and out to get additional attackers in.

Starting out, I like to honor myself, run in and then get honor on Cora. Have the other players come in and get in position, then pull her to one of the sides of the building.

It pretty much runs smoothly as long as people co-operate. One of the reasons I don't kill Cora anymore is because there was a particular asshat (whose character shares a name with my main sampire) who would come down and take great delight in screwing it up for everyone, seeing how many times he could get people killed. It wasn't worth the aggravation. Griefing in UO wins again.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 9, 2009
Yew Gate on LS, Atl, Chessy, & GL likely in a
All you have to do is get out of line of sight, whenever her firebreath goes off. There's about a second delay between her cast & it hitting you, if your behind a wall, it wont do any damage.

It takes roughly 20 minutes to kill her a sampire while she's discorded.

Cora's firebreath does 60 damage + an additional 60 to each person. in line of sight..

2 people being hit by Cora's firebreath would take 120 damage each
3 = 180 damage... etc.

Cora seems to have been made for a small group, or a very well coordinated group of people.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 10, 2008
I got Cora to 20 - 30 min, Discorded, with the bard, healing the Sammy, as listed above. I solved the running around at the end problem by leading her down 1 of 2 narrow (actually 1 tile wide and 3 tiles deep) nooks. Killed at least 20 Coras, maybe 40, been a while.

Reason I quit doing them, was the terribly long re-spawn timer ( 1 hour), and her awful drop rate. The actual drop rate may not be bad, compared to some of the other peerless, or boss types, It is much easier and faster to just kill spawn in the 3rd or 4th levels and get your drops that way.

It might be another story, if She was a fun group encounter to fight, but she's not, as stated in posts above.

Last edited:

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 1, 2010
We put her in the corner by the trash barrels with a thrower blocking her in. 2 stood back and healed at max distance. We brought a bard in last time and stood on the other side of the wall by the barrels and our tank got the bard song benefits. We didnt need that many, but all three support chars got a drop chance, so why not have a large party down there healing. We may start bringing in an additional bard on a second account to run the other songs and have another chance at a drop.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 10, 2010
Napa Valley
Barrels is where I trap her with my sampire, put the bard out of line of sight of Cora, but in line of sight to heal the sampire, and close enough to get the bard song effect on the sampire.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake
IMO Cora was designed with the idea of giving healers a boss they could get a drop from. Unfortunately, although the idea was nice, the execution was horrible. By coding her to release additional breath attacks per the number of players in her attack area the borked her. One breath attack per player in her zone doing 60 damage per attack would have been plenty... it would have encouraged at least one healer per attacker. But with her current attack it pretty much means only one attacker.... and how many healers does one attacker really need? Just one.

So rather than promoting group play with multiple attackers each with a designated healer, which IMO would have made for great guild outings, they have resigned her to a two character experiance(often times played by the same person). A HUGE missed opporunity if you ask me.
One of the best posts I've read in awhile. Hope a dev reads it.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Plunder Island
Grab the most boring book you know, sit down at Cora´s Lair in stealth-mode and read this story loudly again and again - until you fall asleep. She might be dead when you wake up again. Or you may be dead. Or nothing might have happened. Whatever. But I promise you, this procedure is much more entertaining than killing her... And the rewards? Who cares... You can get the same stuff in the upper levels with much more entertainment...

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 27, 2003
The barrels, I've done her 150+ times and have a pile of her drops. Easy if you read what others have mentioned but impossible if you take a group.

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Sonoma
In all honesty, Cora is not the funnest mob....in fact, the few times we've done her, got NOTHING from her.

Better luck in getting arties from farming the mobs just upstairs from her....ironic, and you can solo it if you want to.

And no timer on the mobs!

(Just a thought)

:eek: