• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to get to islands without boat?

M

mookin1

I need to go to some islands, but I don't want to use a boat, the usual method would be recall of a rune in a rune libary, in this case gate, but since my intelligence is only 20 and gate requires 40 mana, is there no way to reach an island without gate?

I'd also rather not be stuck there so even if I could get there, how could I get back to mainland without a boat and unable to cast gate.

G

Only other way would be to find someone prepared to take you. Otherwise, get a boat or keep training your magery/intelligence up.

G

It depends on what island you are talking about.

Moonglow is an island...get there via public moongate. Same for Jhelom/Bucs Den.

You CAN get to Serpent Hold isle right from downtown Brit...that red moongate right in town by Lord Brit's will pop you to Serpent Hold. There is a moongate FROM Serpent Hold in the north top most building *nw* in town takes u back to Brit.

Ocllo ...ya need to gate there your self. I got my magery to a little over 50.0 when I first got here and began using runebooks others had made to go mark myself at Ocllo where I still primarily go to bank that and Serp. Hold. Magincia was destroyed sooooo that is a mess at the moment still, boat atm is only way there. Nujel boat or gate !

You can get to *Marble Island* by running up thru the lost lands and entering Marble Isle via the portal in the cave there n. nw nearly to the top of the lost lands ya can do that on foot. . just run gingerly !
You can get to old world original land *portal isle via.. the lost land spot..etc.

Your best bet is to get a mage wand -29 then get yourself some magery scrolls OVER your magery skill...hold the wand...you will try to cast off that scroll you will fail won't matter magery RISES reg free...keep at it..cast off of scrolls for 4th then when those are cast ie your skill increased ...hold wand more..cast 5th fizzle fizzle...keep at it ...then go up to 6th off the scrolls while holding wand ..fizzle fizzle fail wont matter ...remove mage wand after x amt of hours in one short evening you be smarter int. and higher magery ...then go buy gate scrolls and gate to every island you wish to go to...off of rune books in others rune libraries ...........end up going everywhere, just like I do.
Get the magery up...buy some gate scrolls mark from rune books in others rune libraries here or mark if someone takes ya...up magery more wont need the gate scrolls even no more to go anywhere.

I began with 0.0 magery here ! I can res the dead now at 115 if they not factioners and if game mechanics permits ...or hit any island I dream to go visit. . and it all began with -29 mage wand NO regs...and upping my magery till I could gate with gate scrolls ..till magery became higher to never need a gate scroll again. Keep at it..............whole world out there to see ya do not even need a boat !

G

You could always use throw away +int skill jewelry, a crafted spellbook with +int and a magical wizard hat (or combination of all) to get more mana just for gating, and gate from scrolls, assuming you have high enough magery to do so (I think 40 with a lot of fizzles but not sure).

I am a bit confused though, since you mention int/mana (not magery skill) being the main obstacle. What is your template?

Also, help --> stuck option will get you out of a place, but if you use it more than once a day or so, you will wait longer for "rescue".

-Skylark

G

Oh yes and IF one wishes to DO it...bank ye stuff prepare to DIE, one can actually get to *daggar isle or ice isle* via running thru the Serp Hold cave entry dart around in there ..fire dungeon other entries and exits ..grand tour of dungeons...keep going ya end up in ...........Deceit also...that island once ya get out of Deceit. LONG walk gray tones but ...it IS one way to get up there if ya never get a way up via gating or boat. I have run it myself just for the hell of it wanted to get to Honesty Shrine and picked *the scenic route* haha

JasmineSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you haven't already done so, you can lock your other stats so that only intel raises. That would get you to 40 mana in 1/3 the time.

Also, lower mana cost armor and jewery. You won't likely get the 50% you're looking for right away but each piece adds up. If a critter drops a piece or a vendor has one cheap I'd collect them.

G

Another question...why, so against using a boat? Is it the cost? If that is the reason, I will bequeath my boat, the Good Ship Lollipop to you, if you promise not to change the name while it is under your control. The boat will be blessed in your pack even on Siege, and as long as you are careful, I doubt you will ever get hijacked.

Petra Fyde has a nice tutorial somewhere on navigating with purchased charts from NPC mapmakers.

*edit*

Apparently UORudder, which has been on the Stratics download section for UO for the nearly 4 years I have been posting here, is NOT legal, along with some other tools in that list, per this thread which came up after I posted this. I find it interesting that when Stratics was the "official" UO forums not one EA rep that posted here ever commented that the list had unapproved utilities included, and should be updated.

-Skylark

M

mookin1

I have 70 magery but 20 int, getting enough int to cast a 7th circle spell will take maybe 2-4 days depending on stat gains. Can't be bothered with boat, I need to be able to come and go quickly.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I have 70 magery but 20 int, getting enough int to cast a 7th circle spell will take maybe 2-4 days depending on stat gains. Can't be bothered with boat, I need to be able to come and go quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should only need 40 mana to cast those lvls 50 for 8th...

40 should take 2 days at max today being one and that resetting at 7pm eastern there 2... +20 intell if u just have intell set up and wahtever locked and set down.

G

If you want to come and go quickly, get 40 mana and some scrolls, or friend willing to gate you around. Those are the only solutions to your problem.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
inteligence and lower mana cost bonuses arent that hard to find on jewelery and armor .

then happy island hopping