• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to get to Blackthorn's Castle?

E

Evilminion

Okay, I give up! :wall: I am awash in fail.

I'm doing the Collector's Quest for the eighth time (I WANT one of those statues!), and my list of monster pictures on this run includes a Betrayer. Okay, so I look up Betrayer; it's only found in Blackthorn's Castle. So I look up Blackthorn's Castle. Ilshenar, and the closest moongate is Compassion. Righty-o, so I spend an hour running around Ilshenar and totally failing to find Castle Blackthorn.

Could someone please enlighten the directionally challenged with instructions on how to get there? I'm so stumped, you could put a chainsaw bear statue on me and call me redneck yard art.

Thanks in advance!

N

Nenime

the area with the Compassion moongate doesn't seem to connect to the area with Blackthorn's Castle
Yes, I does! :lick: Just go down (south-east) then west till you reach a camp with a little fence. There's a montain hole and when you step in you come out just a few steps from the castle.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm unable to upload a map for you, so hopefully some step-by-step instructions will work for you.

First, go to the big Ilshenar map on Stratics at http://uo.stratics.com/content/atlas/ilshenarbig.shtml . Blackthorn's Castle is in the green area in the upper center part of the map (Central Ilshenar). It shows as a big gray square with a smaller square connected underneath it.

Use the Honor moongate in Ilshenar. As soon as you come out of the gate area, take an immediate right to a small opening in the wall (designated on the map by a skull). Go through the opening in the wall. You will now be in central Ilshenar. If you're looking at the map, put your mouse pointer on the first skull and notice it says, "Entrance to Central Ilshenar." Move your mouse pointer diagonally upward to the right to the skull that says, "Exit from Central Ilshenar" to see where you come through into Central Ilshenar.

You now have two routes to choose from to get to Blackthorn's Castle. Run almost straight down through the desert area (the gargoyle city will be on your right as you run down through the desert) and then into the very corner of the area where the Exodus Dungeon is, making a left hand turn into a swampy area, and then coming back up to the Castle.

Or you can go almost straight ahead from the point where you entered Central Ilshenar until you hit the big central plain area and make a right hand turn and run down to the Castle.

I hope this makes sense. Looking at the map should help considerably, I hope.

Good luck and have fun there. It's kind of a tough spot to go to solo. But a real hoot with a small group of 3-4 people.

E

Evilminion

You guys positively rock. :) I'll try this tonight when I get home from work. Thanks sooooooo very much!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remeber that you dont need so actually see the monster for a photo. Its enough to pull the bar of the mob and target it. (Getting into the castle and out alive might be a small problem/very time consuming.)